What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We’ve all been conned.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He won't be. He will have taken us to the play offs. They won't be boning a play off coach anytime soon. Unfortunately. It will only expose their terrible decision in extending and then needing to payout the pot plant and hiring a new pot plant. Because that is what they would do anyway.

Think about it. When was the last time Parra ever chased and got an in demand and top of the heap coach? Brian Smith maybe, but probably Jack Gibson really.
How good was Smith's last finals appearance with Parra? At least Arthur's has the opportunity to improve on last year's exit.

Arthur's also has the record for biggest finals win.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who cares? The most important and magical word there is "successful". Either way they know what they are doing.
Do they maybe just spend more money on their football department? We don't even have permanent facilities yet, and can't afford to keep our best assistant coaches.

lingard

Coach
It suits the team we have. Where on the ladder do you think this team should be sitting? Should we go back and look at your pre-season predictions?

You don't think we have the playing personnel to mount a threatening attack without having to resort to low percentage offloads continually? I know we don't have a superstar line-up, but I think it's better than that.

lingard

Coach
Good. Let's just take our marbles and go home shall we.

No. Let's be able to have ordinary footy conversations - when our team's going well, we get over-excited and over-estimate their abilities; and when they are playing like shit, we do the opposite. What's wrong with that? We're footy fans, FFS.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You don't think we have the playing personnel to mount a threatening attack without having to resort to low percentage offloads continually? I know we don't have a superstar line-up, but I think it's better than that.
I think we should play to our strengths, which don't include our spine. We need to hold the ball and steamroll merkins. The tries will come, but more importantly, we'll keep winning games.

hindy111

Post Whore
Fu*k Hindy, I was thinking the same thing and was wondering if I should post it again. But didn't after the last time I did with all the negativity. But he would be a great pickup and bring so much to the roll and I think he has always actually liked and admired Parra too.

Great minds ha Hindy!?

Fitler = 2 titles in 5 yrs imo

crocodile

Bench
No. Let's be able to have ordinary footy conversations - when our team's going well, we get over-excited and over-estimate their abilities; and when they are playing like shit, we do the opposite. What's wrong with that? We're footy fans, FFS.
I'm only a fan when we're winning.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Also won't happen because Fittler realised after his stint at the Roosters that he isn't cut out to be a full time first grade coach.

He's been great for coach for NSW though. Could end up being our best ever.

TheRam

Coach
Also won't happen because Fittler realised after his stint at the Roosters that he isn't cut out to be a full time first grade coach.

He's been great for coach for NSW though. Could end up being our best ever.

I also heard him say earlier this year that he thinks that he wasn't ready to be an NRL coach when he first did it but he would be much more better prepared and able to handle it now.

So if the right club and offer were to come around who knows?

hindy111

Post Whore
I also heard him say earlier this year that he thinks that he wasn't ready to be an NRL coach when he first did it but he would be much more better prepared and able to handle it now.

Fitler has had the best coaching in playing day. Also played at highest level.
I'd like him as an option. But we have BA now. I would like better assistant coaches for him,

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Possibly.

Pretty hard to turn down a cushy media existence though. Coaching is a much tougher gig.

Latest posts