What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY thread (11/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dylan asks questions of the defence but usually the defence answers them. His 9 line breaks is decent but they are slowing down as teams have worked him out. He hasn't put many players into holes - Only 5 LBA all year.
Is he getting the right coaching?? I seriously doubt it. If he was at the Roosters he’d be killing it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Is that the same Holbrook that hindy suggested and you laughed at him? Asking for a friend.
I didn’t laugh at him but I suggested it was a shit idea to sign him when he didn’t have NRL experience. I maintain that we shouldn’t sign a rookie. Haven’t changed my position on that.

IFR33K

Coach
How is that logic hard to follow?

At full strength we can play to a certain level. That level is good enough to challenge the best teams but isn't necessarily better than them.

If we don't have a full strength squad then the level at which we can play drops below what would otherwise be our best.

How has our full strength team been travelling the past two months. We’ve scored the least tries since round 13. We’re in a world of shit, it’s not rocket surgery.

IFR33K

Coach
I didn’t laugh at him but I suggested it was a shit idea to sign him when he didn’t have NRL experience. I maintain that we shouldn’t sign a rookie. Haven’t changed my position on that.

You mocked him I recall because you thought it was me that said it.

Joely01

Bench
Brown has played 31 games and shown the most amount of promise in a young half for us since arguably T. smith!
He is tracking very well, but nah let’s throw the book at him and change up everything he is doing.

He would be in the top 3 young halves in the game, shown enough in attack and consistently makes the 1% plays (which a few on here wouldn’t even notice)

Even the best halves in Joey, JT and Cronk etc took time to get To the level that was needed.

Bit of patience, but that’s probably asking too much on here

emjaycee

Coach
Brown has played 31 games and shown the most amount of promise in a young half for us since arguably T. smith!
He is tracking very well, but nah let’s throw the book at him and change up everything he is doing.

He would be in the top 3 young halves in the game, shown enough in attack and consistently makes the 1% plays (which a few on here wouldn’t even notice)

Even the best halves in Joey, JT and Cronk etc took time to get To the level that was needed.

Bit of patience, but that’s probably asking too much on here

Mate we have been patient for 33 years, enough is enough already.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
At full strength the mediocre brigade say we’re lacking inexperience. When those inexperienced players are out they then use the excuse we had injuries.
Talent is also important. Losing inexperienced starters for less talented backups isn't a good deal. And Stone and Field (sounds like some pretentious dark ale that Gary would drink) are even less experienced than Mahoney and Drown.

IFR33K

Coach
We have to move away from effort being the end all to everything to improve the team and results. Every team has effort and if you play NRL you probably are reasonably good at it.

the roster on paper looks competitive with most teams particularly the Riff, what we lack is a defined attack structure rather than mind numbing old fashioned sweep plays out the back and block runs we have been using ad nauseum.

Until we reshape our attack to a more 2020 style at least , it will be difficult to see the ultimate success we look for, defence can take you so far, easy to read attack where you see NRown running at full pelt on my the 4th or 5th and then a bomb put up Won’t do it any more.

It’s possibly too late for this season, let’s hope we structure changes for next season in that area, as the roster is basically set with what we have and there is a need to get fresh ideas at the minimum to the attack side of the game.

Why’s it too late to mix it up? We’re on a hiding to nothing atm. Mix it up and give it a shake. BA said it’s an easy fix. We’re still waiting.

Bazal

Post Whore
razor-blade-sign-blue-icon-600w-1488405764.jpg

IFR33K

Coach
Talent is also important. Losing inexperienced starters for less talented backups isn't a good deal. And Stone and Field (sounds like some pretentious dark ale that Gary would drink) are even less experienced than Mahoney and Drown.

We’ve got taka who has slot in at half. We’ve got Gutho who can too, and we can shuffle the backline.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree with all this.

Our defence wasn’t that good. Line speed terrible, heaps of missed tackles and still let in 20 points. Our scramble defence was good though.

Stone is not a f**ken dummy half. BA using him as our backup shows how out of touch with the attacking side of the game he is.

Our wingers are slow off the mark . No acceleration and no power. They get smashed every run, especially Sivo .

Moses refuses to straighten the attack and take a hit. Massive f**ken cat. Jai Field, lol. He offers absolutely nothing . Can’t kick, pass or engage the defence.

Like watching turtles run. You need acceleration these days. Too end speed is nice but wont create danger

hindy111

Post Whore
Would you look at that, someone talking sense on here! :clap::clap:

I dont think its sense. Our attack is limp. We here rag dolled all game.
What we do have is a good young spine and solid forwards.We just need to liven up a few spots and we will push hard.
Let's not forget who we played. Not many teams have won 13 in a row. Manly in 95. Dogs when rorted cap. And Storm.
This Panthers side are unlucky not to be 18 straight. A draw against Knights and a loss against us when they prob deserved to win. It's a brilliant team.

I still think we have a side that can do damage. Add 3 missing players last night and 2-0 halftime lead and who knows....

hindy111

Post Whore
Because Moses was playing uninjured, Jennings was less old, and Sivo was playing well.

W.Smith showed he is a superior hoooker then STONE. If STONES role is 20 mins as hooker he shouldnt be in 17 over W.Smith.
It only take a few small changes to make our side competitive. I just hope BA makes them.

Adding W.Smith to bench and Taka in for Sivo along with the 3 players injured returning could be all it takes.

TheRam

Coach
Dylan Browns problem is that when he goes to the line he always holds onto the ball. Foran at his best would run at the line and pass late, often getting hammered for his efforts but this allowed space for his outside men. Until Brown starts doing this defences will continue to work him out (as they have already) and shut him down.

Spot on mate and other times he passes to early. He needs to work on getting this right. But I'm not worried though, our coaching staff will know how to help him out. :rolleyes:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair enough. I like what Holbrook is doing. There is a definite change at the Titans.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but a halfback/half like Foran would have been handy last night but only after his 25th season ending injury and current mindset.
A run first half who can tackle? We have one but he's injured.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
Should I have expected us to win the comp mate and then get on here and whinge ad nauseum when we don't over perform just because I posted that we should?

Just because I don't bitch and moan on here about things I can't change doesn't mean I happily accept them for what they are.

You don't f**ken know me or have any idea of my mentality so feel free to take your smartarse comments and shove them up your arse.

#RUOK?
WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts