What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY thread (11/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Parra didn't have anything. They couldn't even get pass halfway. A couple of last ditch tackles and dropped balls otherwise its 40-2
The last ditch tackles and dropped balls were because of our great scramble defence. Penrith got the score they deserved. They only would've scored 40 if we rolled over. We still have a top four defence ffs. Our problem is our attack.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Should I have expected us to win the comp mate and then get on here and whinge ad nauseum when we don't over perform just because I posted that we should?

Just because I don't bitch and moan on here about things I can't change doesn't mean I happily accept them for what they are.

You don't f**ken know me or have any idea of my mentality so feel free to take your smartarse comments and shove them up your arse.

#RUOK?
Well said.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our back 3 do not make strong carries. Gutherson makes up for it elsewhere. But too and Josh just bashed us up guts every run. So did Edwards
Ferguson carries the ball as well as those two. The problem is our middle defence is poor against footwork while Penrith's is excellent. They have built their middle for defence rather than attack, like the Roosters - smaller (or leaner) hard working forwards with good lateral movement. Most of their go forward is provided by their outside backs.

Paulo is key to our attack but a liability in defence, in the sense that he just isn't able to make repeat efforts in defence. Guys like Mansour and To'o have a field day against that.

Incorrect

Coach
Dylan asks questions of the defence but usually the defence answers them. His 9 line breaks is decent but they are slowing down as teams have worked him out. He hasn't put many players into holes - Only 5 LBA all year.
The thing with Dylan is, pretty much since he has come in to first grade, he has shown his instinct is to go to the line and run, not pass. Usually, a rookie with none of the toughness that Dylan has, will almost always go to the line, if at all, and pass. But what it means is that he teams are locking him up, there's no element of surprise. He's probably the quickest player in our team, but his game is becoming a tad predictable. Bevan French went that way. In no way am I comparing the 2 as players, just mentioning that both are being handled relatively easily by defences.

hindy111

Post Whore
I never went anywhere I'd just rather enjoy a good season and have no interest in continual sparring with the same crew of constantly miserable whinging deadshits.

You'd think we were coming f**ken last again from the pissant moaning in this joint.

w-Vtg-1938-39-GILLETTE-BLUE-GOLD-SPECIAL-Gold.jpg

It is fine for others to vent. I find labelling people who do as DEADSHITS as poor form on your behalf. I enjoy your posts but no need to put people in a box who you have never met. 95% of people are good. Some people voice opinion differently.

hindy111

Post Whore
The thing with Dylan is, pretty much since he has come in to first grade, he has shown his instinct is to go to the line and run, not pass. Usually, a rookie with none of the toughness that Dylan has, will almost always go to the line, if at all, and pass. But what it means is that he teams are locking him up, there's no element of surprise. He's probably the quickest player in our team, but his game is becoming a tad predictable. Bevan French went that way. In no way am I comparing the 2 as players, just mentioning that both are being handled relatively easily by defences.

I disagree. I reckon he runs or cuts back in cause his vision can seenothing is on and no space. Unlike Moses who just throws it anyhow and puts us in a worse position.

Bazal

Post Whore
It is fine for others to vent. I find labelling people who do as DEADSHITS as poor form on your behalf. I enjoy your posts but no need to put people in a box who you have never met. 95% of people are good. Some people voice opinion differently.

I'm not referring to people who just vent as anything.

I'm referring to the same old group of losers who sit in here and and take over every f**ken thread to do nothing but whinge and moan endlessly and without ever engaging their brains. The ones who shit on anyone who refuses to be an abject pessimist to the point of dragging them into conversations they aren't involved in and trying to meme posters who just want to enjoy a pretty good season after a decade of shitness.

People wanna say that jokes and facetiousness have wrecked this place, but in reality it's these deadshits. You know exactly who they are, too.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ferguson carries the ball as well as those two. The problem is our middle defence is poor against footwork while Penrith's is excellent. They have built their middle for defence rather than attack, like the Roosters - smaller (or leaner) hard working forwards with good lateral movement. Most of their go forward is provided by their outside backs.

Paulo is key to our attack but a liability in defence, in the sense that he just isn't able to make repeat efforts in defence. Guys like Mansour and To'o have a field day against that.

Ferguson takes off slow and doesn't break tackles like Too and Josh.
They wrecked us. But Tamou,JFH,Yeo make great meters. Tetavano and Leota keep the momentum with damaging runs. Leinu does the same. They run straight and hard.
Their edge players in Kikau and Martin are also wrecking balls. Ours are better defensively and are both smarter and id say more skill full but they don't have anywhere near the same punch.

I'm not prepared to write the season off. Our defense is great. We have enough talent. Need to make some small changes. As I said Stone is not a hooker so have Smith on bench. Great player. He can help the attack. He is 2 x as good as Field ffs.

Also SIVO has no impact. His speed is like a truck taking off. I am unsure why we are persisting with him. Taka is an aerial threat. Him Fergo and Blake atleast mean your a chance when put up a bomb. It maybe our only hope

hindy111

Post Whore
Are you saying I'm Incorrect?

Yeah. Why pass if no space? It means an error or wasting one play trying to get away from sideline. Moses will continue to go wide when there is nothing doing. It then puts your centre 2meters from sideline. The next tackle is 2 passes just to get closer the the middle for the following play. Atleast Dylan cuts back in so still in a reasonable position for next play.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm not referring to people who just vent as anything.

I'm referring to the same old group of losers who sit in here and and take over every f**ken thread to do nothing but whinge and moan endlessly and without ever engaging their brains. The ones who shit on anyone who refuses to be an abject pessimist to the point of dragging them into conversations they aren't involved in and trying to meme posters who just want to enjoy a pretty good season after a decade of shitness.

People wanna say that jokes and facetiousness have wrecked this place, but in reality it's these deadshits. You know exactly who they are, too.

Well I know I wynge on here but I can see logic at same time.

Joely01

Bench
I dont think its sense. Our attack is limp. We here rag dolled all game.
What we do have is a good young spine and solid forwards.We just need to liven up a few spots and we will push hard.
Let's not forget who we played. Not many teams have won 13 in a row. Manly in 95. Dogs when rorted cap. And Storm.
This Panthers side are unlucky not to be 18 straight. A draw against Knights and a loss against us when they prob deserved to win. It's a brilliant team.

I still think we have a side that can do damage. Add 3 missing players last night and 2-0 halftime lead and who knows....

If you sit back and look at last night you can understand why the effort and performance wasn’t as bad as a few on here are making it out to be.

5 day turn around
Team that has won 13 straight
Lop sided possession all game
2 spine players out

hindy111

Post Whore
There has been a 50 points difference in our and against between us and Raiders.
They have 2 easy games. We MUST win our last two for top 4. I reckon we win 1 and lose 1. Finish 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.