What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We’ve all been conned.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
lol our squad is now shit, who put this shit squad together????

Sack them FFS!!
That is a breathtakingly dumb thing to say.

You can be a really good squad and still not be good enough to win a comp. Thats what most people predicted at the start of the year. No-one is saying we are shit, you exaggerating merkin.

Also, up until 12-18 months ago you were bitching about the quality of the squad. Talk about a massive change in position - we are now world beaters and the only thing holding us back is the coach! The same shit coach that magically assembled a premiership contending squad!

By the way, I'm not sold on BA by any means and would be OK with him being replaced by a better coach. He has built some good foundations but maybe we wont go a step further and become elite. I think our squad needs to improve and our coaching (particularly attack) needs to change for the better.

I get it - you guys are passionate fans and are frustrated. But, f**k me you talk some shit.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

You can be a really good squad and still not be good enough to win a comp. Thats what most people predicted at the start of the year. No-one is saying we are shit, you exaggerating merkin.

Also, up until 12-18 months ago you were bitching about the quality of the squad. Talk about a massive change in position - we are now world beaters and the only thing holding us back is the coach! The same shit coach that magically assembled a premiership contending squad!

By the way, I'm not sold on BA by any means and would be OK with him being replaced by a better coach. He has built some good foundations but maybe we wont go a step further and become elite. I think our squad needs to improve and our coaching (particularly attack) needs to change for the better.

I get it - you guys are passionate fans and are frustrated. But, f**k me you talk some shit.
I’ve always talked shit, good to see you finally realised merkin.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I’ve always talked shit, good to see you finally realised merkin.
That particular post was extreme even by your standards.

It would be the equivalent of me using the word 'semen' at least three times in a post (...which I'm sure I've done).

The joys of being a Parra Fan! If we ever win the comp I think we should all meet up for a massive group hug...and possibly a reach around if anyone is keen...

Its the only way we'll get these hostilities out of our system.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
sill, its only 1
A halfback is a bit more influential than a winger.

That said, they actually have less big game experience than us. Counting NRL finals and Origin:

31 Tamou
11 Cleary
11 Mansour
6 Fisher-Harris
6 Tetevano
6 Whare
6 Yeo
5 Capewell
4 Koroisau
4 Leota
4 May
2 Edwards
2 Kikau

That's 98 games. We have 114 games:

33 Mennings
21 Ferguson
6 Evans
5 Blake
5 Campbell-Gillard
5 Matterson
5 Paulo
4 Alvaro
4 Nrown
4 Lane
4 Moses
4 Takairangi
2 Drown
2 Gutherson
2 Mahoney
2 Niukore
2 Sivo
1 Field
1 Gower
1 Stone
1 Terepo

However both are f**k all compared to the Roosters and Storm. But the only way to increase the big game experience in your squad is to either buy it or keep making the finals. Hopefully with our solid year we'll get a couple more blokes in Origin too. If it had been played mid-season as usual we would have had a few.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

It would be the equivalent of me using the word 'semen' at least three times in a post (...which I'm sure I've done).

The joys of being a Parra Fan! If we ever win the comp I think we should all meet up for a massive group hug...and possibly a reach around if anyone is keen...

Reach around reach around reach around!!!!

T-Boon

Coach
You thought wrong:

Eels juniors
Drown (from New Zealand)
Dunster
Kaufusi
Matterson
Moses
Paulo
Terepo
Utoikamanu

Penrith juniors
Campbell-Gillard
Gennings
Mennings

Canterbury juniors
Lane
Mahoney* (from Qld)

Balmain juniors
Nrown
Gower

Cronulla juniors
Ferguson
Salmon

St George-Illawarra juniors
Davies
Field

Souths juniors
Takairangi (from Cronulla)

Manly juniors
Gutherson

Gold Coast juniors
Rankin

Perth juniors
Blake

Newcastle juniors
Smith

Brisbane juniors
Alvaro* (from NSW south coast)

Easts juniors
Evans (from Balmain)

New Zealand juniors
Niukore

Wests juniors
Stone*

No junior reps
Davey
Sivo

*Alvaro, Mahoney and Stone also played for our junior rep sides after having previously played for others.

The problem for us is that we are in the geographic centre of Sydney, so other Sydney teams can pinch our players without the player having to move house or otherwise be impacted by commute times. Penrith's juniors only really have Parramatta within driving distance, which is why we're the main club to poach your players. Also why you're able to keep most of them without too many bidding wars.

DYDTAYS?

Avenger

Immortal

LOL

T-Boon

Coach

I disagree with this, We are shit compared to the top 3 and nobody watches teams play who are worse than top 3. SO we look bad to us and we actually looked good 8 weeks ago compared to us so we remember what it looks like.

T-Boon

Coach
Its like dating a 9 and then she moves on and then you have to settle for 5s. 5s are fine if that what you are use to but you got a taste of the 9.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Its like dating a 9 and then she moves on and then you have to settle for 5s. 5s are fine if that what you are use to but you got a taste of the 9.
Most of the wrist slitters were still saying that we were only a 9 because of COVID and an easy draw.

So to use your analogy, the team was pancaked up to the eyeballs and wearing figure improving underwear.

I suppose that looks like a 9 to those that are drunk on optimism.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You think the Roosters will let him go?
You would need to sell the Opera House to buy him.
They have young Walker already training with the first grade squad, they will drop Flanagan like a dirty nappy if this kid is half as good as they are saying. It’s what they do, they are as ruthless AF but it’s yet another reason why they are the best run team in the league.

hindy111

Post Whore

Call him a motherf**kee

hindy111

Post Whore

Me and @TheRam will host the party at our farm.