What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We’ve all been conned.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, JWH missed a lot of the year and quite a few others. They blew the Roster up and the rest is history. Plus Robinson was a GF winning coach while Bea Arthur is a middle of the road plodder at best.
Would you be happy if a grand final winning coach only won 6 games while coaching the Eels? How about 5? That was Sticky in 2013. Also a grand final winning coach.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we didn't have Gutherson, Junior or RCG for the first 8-10 weeks of a seasons where do you reckon we would finish on the ladder come seasons end?

There was an obvious reason why the Roosters only won 6 games that season.
Well we didn't have Gutherson, Paulo or RCG for the first five weeks of 2018 and we only won six games. Maybe there's something to your theory.

hindy111

Post Whore
I suspect he is claiming that numerous factors go into a team being successful. The coach being just one. Do you agree?

Depends who put the team together and who is choosing juniors.
Example is Dogs did not rate Mahoney. We did. I think Daniel Anderson was the guy who went all out for Dylan Brown.
Whoever is choosing our backs in junior grades is doing a poor job. Borderline pathetic. Worse of any side in competition I feel.

IFR33K

Coach
I suspect he is claiming that numerous factors go into a team being successful. The coach being just one. Do you agree?

I’ve seen enough to know that we won’t do well in the semis, and won’t break our drought under BA!

What’s the ultimate goal for any professional sports team?

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon he'd prefer a team full of Origin players.

The teams fine. People get caught up with players. Most are similar abilities with a bit of shine,desire and hunger being difference.
I still wouldnt be suprised if we clicked and took it out tbh. I doubt it but wouldn't be a huge shock.

IFR33K

Coach
The teams fine. People get caught up with players. Most are similar abilities with a bit of shine,desire and hunger being difference.
I still wouldnt be suprised if we clicked and took it out tbh. I doubt it but wouldn't be a huge shock.

IMO we have a few plodders in the team. Lane, MJ and Blake. But our biggest downfall is a non running hooker

Gazzamatta

Coach
IMO we have a few plodders in the team. Lane, MJ and Blake. But our biggest downfall is a non running hooker
I reckon our top 17 would be the envy of many a club. Its a great roster.
Whether its actual coaching or managing players load better Im not sure. From being a team who's fitness and energy was better than any Eels side Ive seen we now look tired, bored and inexplicably devoid of any attacking nouse. True our D in the middle last week mostly held up but our ruck control, first up hits, stopping of offloads and ability to get the attacker on the ground were terrible at times allowing Penrith to make so many meters. Last seasons and prior fitness levels would have seen us lapped.
Whatever the answer is BA needs to find it fast. Regardless I'll be cheering from the stands Friday night and I cant wait.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I’ve seen enough to know that we won’t do well in the semis, and won’t break our drought under BA!
You may well be right but I still maintain we have weaknesses in our squad when you compare it to the Top 3. Our spine doesn’t have the same class and consistency. If you believe otherwise then you aren’t being objective imo.

BA has a role to play and as I have said before, rissole him if a better option comes along. You and @hineyrulz blame him for everything though. It’s really transparent, unintelligent and boring. Your collective ability to provide a rational analysis on anything is f**ken woeful. In fact, the pair of you should hang your f**king heads in shame. No, I’ll go a step further, you should both be assaulted with a ball of your own shit and then your shit stained bodies fired from a cannon into the sun!

What’s the ultimate goal for any professional sports team?
To win a premiership. Sadly only one team gets to do it each year. I doubt all 15 teams count that season as a failure if they don’t. Especially if one of the teams you are competing against will go down as one of the best teams of the last 40-50 years. Further to that one of the players in another team is arguably the best player of all time.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It could happen. But it won’t happen if the Storm and the Roosters play as well as they can.