What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Pomoz

Bench
Never mind the good ones, what about two of our worst duds? Trevor Gilmeister and Mark McGaw. the axe and sparkles. We nicknamed them "pocket knife" and "pyrites" up in the season ticket holders stand. Pyrites is fools gold and all that.glitters is not gold when it comes to McGaw. He was hopeless for us.

Never mind the good ones, what about two of our worst duds? Trevor Gilmeister and Mark McGaw. the axe and sparkles. We nicknamed them "pocket knife" and "pyrites" up in the season ticket holders stand. Pyrites is fools gold and all that.glitters is not gold when it comes to McGaw. He was hopeless for us.

They were both one-season wonders for us weren’t they?

Kilkenny

Coach
It was a very painful and debilitating neck injury and he deserves credit for getting himself on the field. When you compare what Maloney did for our cause as opposed to a certain former captain he deserves some respect.

The_Frog

First Grade
It was a very painful and debilitating neck injury and he deserves credit for getting himself on the field. When you compare what Maloney did for our cause as opposed to a certain former captain he deserves some respect.
I've heard Gus say in your biggest battle you throw in you last man, and that would have been the case in the Sharks final. Had it at their mercy too but just couldn't close the deal.

Kilkenny

Coach
I've heard Gus say in your biggest battle you throw in you last man, and that would have been the case in the Sharks final. Had it at their mercy too but just couldn't close the deal.

My memory deserts me as I have gotten older. Did we not claw our way back from 18-0 or 20-0 down to tie the game up only for the Sharks to gamble on a short kick off which came off and won them the game in the end. I was at the game and remember being heartbroken regardless of how we came to lose. Please refresh my memory no matter how painful.

The_Frog

First Grade
My memory deserts me as I have gotten older. Did we not claw our way back from 18-0 or 20-0 down to tie the game up only for the Sharks to gamble on a short kick off which came off and won them the game in the end. I was at the game and remember being heartbroken regardless of how we came to lose. Please refresh my memory no matter how painful.
Pretty much like that. Val Holmes did the short kick off and we couldn't get the ball back after that.

franklin2323

Immortal

They won due to poor errors off RCG to drop it 2nd tackle. Then Kikau penalty made it 20-14

Kilkenny

Coach
Just had a quick look at You Tube. The Sharks led 18-0 but we kicked a penalty goal on the stroke half time to make it 18-2 Tied the game up in about the 70th minute, all over them but they got the ball back from a short kick off and two sets later Townsend kicked the field goal to put them ahead 21-20 in the 75th minute, Nathan had the chance to level thing up a minute or so later with a field goal attempt but pulled it wide from straight in front 20 metres out and that was that. It’s all come back to me now and I vow never ever to watch those you tube highlights again.

franklin2323

Immortal
I thought we were well behind ie 20-0 nil or something.

18-0. We took the 2 right on halftime.
Cleary scores after halftime.
Yeo scored then they were down to 2 on the bench with 15 left.
The set after Yeo scored. It is 18-14. RCG drops it 3rd tackle. Then Kikau gives the penalty away. 20-14.
Next set Kikau scores and we bomb some good chances for the FG

Kilkenny

Coach
18-0. We took the 2 right on halftime.
Cleary scores after halftime.
Yeo scored then they were down to 2 on the bench with 15 left.
The set after Yeo scored. It is 18-14. RCG drops it 3rd tackle. Then Kikau gives the penalty away. 20-14.
Next set Kikau scores and we bomb some good chances for the FG

Let’s just hope history doesn’t repeat itself in 2020. Being at the game I specifically recall how all the momentum was our way and that gutsy short kick off just turned the game on it’s head. It just went the ten. It’s history now I know but they kick long we win that game. There really is no justice.

franklin2323

Immortal
Just had a quick look at You Tube. The Sharks led 18-0 but we kicked a penalty goal on the stroke half time to make it 18-2 Tied the game up in about the 70th minute, all over them but they got the ball back from a short kick off and two sets later Townsend kicked the field goal to put them ahead 21-20 in the 75th minute, Nathan had the chance to level thing up a minute or so later with a field goal attempt but pulled it wide from straight in front 20 metres out and that was that. It’s all come back to me now and I vow never ever to watch those you tube highlights again.

We had the ball next to the post before Townsend's shot and went the try. Should of iced it sooner

Kilkenny

Coach
Matt Moylan has such as punchable face. I would have liked to have put one on his chin to wipe the smile off his face when Clearys field goal attempt in the last second fell well short in the last second of the game. It’s ancient history now, but I agree it was gut wrenching on the night.