What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Brisbane GAME DAY thread (18/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazal

Post Whore
My biggest pet peeve with Moses is that he crabs across the field, sees nothing is on, and dumps a pass to a teammate who then gets belted. Waqa, and Gutho, both copped big hits, because Moses refused to take the tackle.

He is a cat, and he isn't too bright.

He broke more tackles than anyone bar Gutho tonight, ran more times than six of our forwards, and was tackled three times more than Nathan Cleary and five times more than Adam Reynolds.

FYI he was also tackled once more than Luke Keary was last week and as many times as DCE from 4 more runs.

You're better than the negative f**kwits spouting bullshit mate. Moses problem is absolutely not "refusing to take a tackle"

Eelementary

Post Whore
He broke more tackles than anyone bar Gutho tonight, ran more times than six of our forwards, and was tackled three times more than Nathan Cleary and five times more than Adam Reynolds.

FYI he was also tackled once more than Luke Keary was last week and as many times as DCE from 4 more runs.

You're better than the negative f**kwits spouting bullshit mate. Moses problem is absolutely not "refusing to take a tackle"

His running game was on point tonight - credit where it's due.

And I largely enjoy watching him play.

It just shits me to tears when he crabs across field, and pops a pass to a teammate, who then gets clobbered.

Just take the tackle!

Eelctrifying

Juniors
Not convincing. Lots of errors.

I'm happy we have made the finals, but outside of some insane luck, and I mean insane, I feel we cant match the skill and tempo of Storm / Roosters.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Our kicking game was terrible half the time I thought.

We tried a couple of things in attack, but execution not there, caused the play to slow down or breakdown, weather wouldn't have helped

Broncos offered next to nothing, the young 5/8th went off 1st min, and Fifita early 2nd half

We had 60% of the ball, and should have put them away a bit more. In any case need to improve on today against the Tigers next week, then be in good shape come the finals...hopefully.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just can’t see why Salmon or Taka haven’t been given a start in the halves.
I reckon they don't suit our structure, which involves the halves playing off the back of what the forwards can create. Moses and Field both ran 11 times in this game and nine times against the Warriors. They made f**k all runs against Penrith because the forwards didn't generate opportunities.

I thought we were pretty bad again. But FMD the ref is the worst ref in the history of mankind. How does he still have a job? We’ve been saying it for ages. How does he keep his job. There are women refs that can do better jobs. Put them in

Gronk

Staff member
Not convincing. Lots of errors.

I'm happy we have made the finals, but outside of some insane luck, and I mean insane, I feel we cant match the skill and tempo of Storm / Roosters.
Agree, but we’re in the mix for the second year in a row, the third time in 4 years. Our aim was to be one of those good sides who are always in the mix and we have achieved that.

Agree that we are short of those two and have work to do.

Soto

Bench
Was at the game last night and with the crowd sparse you could hear the players screaming to race up in defence. You could clearly hear the collisions and the roasting of Moses for his poor kicks.
I did like that Arthur changed the starting line up. I did like the attacking kick from the scrum despite it going dead. Waqa was checked on the way through. Showed good pace. If Field is the fastest in the team not sure why he wasn't in position to chase it.
I did like the fact Moses was very active in general play and running alot more.
Mahoney and Will Smith running was great to see. More of it. Smith for mine should stay ahead of Stone in the 17.
Davey has proven to be a very solid addition to the 17. He needs to remain in the 17 when everyone is available. Nuikore when ready comes in and Evans out...
Sivo was MIA in the 2nd half...get involved Sivo was the talk and rightly so. I reckon we would be better off with Taka or G Jennings on the wing. Taka played really well in place of Fergo for 5 games last year.
Guth was badly out of position when Farnsworth scored...not the first time his positional play has let us down. Don't want to be too critical on Guth as he is the heart of the team.
Field still appears too tentative although great ball to put Jennings through.
Moses should just bomb instead of just lobbing up a kick..make it a contest.
Semis come 1 week early next as we need to win to get a top 4 spot. Win and we are guaranteed to be at the very least in the 2nd week of the semis. Although we will go straight through to week 3...
Go you Eels.

hindy111

Post Whore
His running game was on point tonight - credit where it's due.

And I largely enjoy watching him play.

It just shits me to tears when he crabs across field, and pops a pass to a teammate, who then gets clobbered.

Just take the tackle!

His kicks where complete rubbish. The longines down field had distance but rarely found green.
Anytime we where down their end he was unable to force a drop out or pressure kick. Constantly to deep or hitting players legs.
I think Matto produced 2 good kicks. Who is not pur prime kicker.

I never felt comfortable. If Field doesnt take the intercept the game could of been a worry.

I think our wingers are a concern. Sure they cart ball up but that's all they offer. Sivo was good for another 80mtrs last night. Neither are busting tackles and making 30 mtr runs ever.
MJ pokes his nose through but that is it. Guthersons game isnt based on this.
Blake is the only guy with any potency.

Compare to other sides who have atleast 2 or 3 player in the backline who are able to make terrorising runs. Damaging and busting the defense. Ours just cart it up. Big bodies and that is all. No acceleration or footwork. Anemic

I still feel our best way to win in finals is grind it out with this side. Keep them down their end. Clever kicks that build pressure. Unfortunately Moses does not seem capable of this. Let's hope he hits red hot form form for a few weeks

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don't get all the wrist slitting, sure it wasn't a pretty win, plenty of errors. But most of which were well into the Donkeys red zone, pushing the pass, or just not getting it quite right. In those conditions that's gonna happen, especially if you go out with the attitude of trying it on in attack as it seemed to me we did.

Penrith had that attitude against us last week, and failed to score until the last few seconds of the first half, they dropped shit loads of chances through errors attacking our line, yet last week that was a sign of how shit we are, and that they really shoulda put 50 on us.

As for that performance being a worry facing The Tigers next week, Lmao, what the f**k have the Tigers shown that makes them look capable? Is it their two glorious two point wins for the second half of the season over Manly and the Dogs?

Sure, we're only 6 from 9 for the back half of the season, because we're shit, and we could shit the bed and lose, but hey, perspective fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts