What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Brisbane GAME DAY thread (18/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree, but we’re in the mix for the second year in a row, the third time in 4 years. Our aim was to be one of those good sides who are always in the mix and we have achieved that.

Agree that we are short of those two and have work to do.

Those 2.... What about the f**king Panthers. What they have done. 14 in a row. 1 loss all season. I mean it's quite incredible.

IFR33K

Coach
My biggest pet peeve with Moses is that he crabs across the field, sees nothing is on, and dumps a pass to a teammate who then gets belted. Waqa, and Gutho, both copped big hits, because Moses refused to take the tackle.

He is a cat, and he isn't too bright.

He crabs sideways to use his speed to find a lazy defender. It does work but he is out of form a little

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't get all the wrist slitting, sure it wasn't a pretty win, plenty of errors. But most of which were well into the Donkeys red zone, pushing the pass, or just not getting it quite right. In those conditions that's gonna happen, especially if you go out with the attitude of trying it on in attack as it seemed to me we did.

Penrith had that attitude against us last week, and failed to score until the last few seconds of the first half, they dropped shit loads of chances through errors attacking our line, yet last week that was a sign of how shit we are, and that they really shoulda put 50 on us.

As for that performance being a worry facing The Tigers next week, Lmao, what the f**k have the Tigers shown that makes them look capable? Is it their two glorious two point wins for the second half of the season over Manly and the Dogs?

Sure, we're only 6 from 9 for the back half of the season, because we're shit, and we could shit the bed and lose, but hey, perspective fellas.

It's more we implode. We had control and we give it away to easy. All we need is to build pressure and keep it tight. Penrith couldnt score but see how they strangled the life out of us.
We are not a terrible side. We just do not play finals footy. All the fine details are not there.
Moses at anytime will turn his kicking game around. He does have ability for that. Question is if it will happen this season. If does then we can compete.
W.Smith on bench offers something in attack that we need.
I also am sick of Sivo. He just offers nothing and doesnt work hard enough. We had 60% ball and he makes 80mtrs

IFR33K

Coach
His running game was on point tonight - credit where it's due.

And I largely enjoy watching him play.

It just shits me to tears when he crabs across field, and pops a pass to a teammate, who then gets clobbered.

Just take the tackle!

If he’s going to take a tackle running sideways he’ll get absolutely monstered. Whoever runs off him with an inside ball would be running straight and hard

IFR33K

Coach
He broke more tackles than anyone bar Gutho tonight, ran more times than six of our forwards, and was tackled three times more than Nathan Cleary and five times more than Adam Reynolds.

FYI he was also tackled once more than Luke Keary was last week and as many times as DCE from 4 more runs.

You're better than the negative f**kwits spouting bullshit mate. Moses problem is absolutely not "refusing to take a tackle"

R U OK?

Gronk

Staff member
Those 2.... What about the f**king Panthers. What they have done. 14 in a row. 1 loss all season. I mean it's quite incredible.
Zzzzzz. Simples, not in the class of the Rooster or Storm. They lack a GOAT.

hindy111

Post Whore
Zzzzzz. Simples, not in the class of the Rooster or Storm. They lack a GOAT.

True.
It wouldn't surprise anyone if wheels fell off in finals. But if they play their game I could see them and Roosters in the big one.
I just hope it doesn't end up them playing Roosters in a semi. Hoping in a way its us so atleast ine of us are in final. But perhaps if both where in it be ideal.

I wouldn't of been shocked either if Roosters threw the last game to finish 4th and rest a heap just to avoid the Storm. Unsure what they have to gain by winning. Aslong as they win against Sharks they either finish 3rd and play Storm in QLD or rest guys and play Penrith in Sydney.

They would then know Storm will take care of either Eels or Raiders and move to other side. It also puts Penrith on Storms side.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I reckon our structure going forward (once Drown’s back) should be:

General play outside attacking zone:
Drown to be the dominant half

Last tackle option:
Long kicking Moses the dominant half/short kicking Drown the dominant half

Sets in attacking zone:
Paulo to become the dominant half (touching the ball at least 3 times a set)

I don't know why everyone is up in arms over last night's play...

Whoever said we've been spending the last 10 weeks foxing is absolutely right. We have deliberately done nothing and just gotten used to smashing and getting smashed, getting the defense right, understanding what a real grind is, deliberately not playing football.

Now, 2 games to go against the worst team in the comp, with all the good teams behind us? Start to play football again. Clunky? Yep, but doesn't matter because we're gonna win.

Next week - a better team, but still not in the 8. They'll be tougher but we'll be better and we'll win again.

Week 1 of the Finals, against a good team. Keep playing footy, learn a bit more. Sure, we'll probably lose, but...

Week 2 of the Finals, now against a decent quality team - we'll have had 3 weeks of playing football under our belt, 10 weeks of grinding under our belt. Canberra might have a chance of beating us but Sharks, Knights or Rabbitohs won't.

Week 3 of the Finals, now with a month of playing footy under our belt. This will be the real tester and the decider as to whether Arthur is a good coach, or not.

We'll be in the last 4 teams standing. Last night wasn't good - it was f**king awesome.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I liked.
. We did a genuine warm up on the field prior to the game.
. Many from within our top 30 formed a guard of honor and applauded as our starting 13 ran on the start the game.
. Our "9's" starting to play some footy from dummy half.
. Our trick play from the scrum. Average execution but it was something different.
. Mahoney wasnt played to exhaustion.
. Lane, RCG and Paulo playing less minutes.
. Davey proving to be a quality substitute.
. Niukore hopefully back next week. Hes been missed.
. Will Smith played 2 games without kicking the ball.
. Moses looking to run the ball.
. Lanes improved form.
. Gutho getting a little break before fulltime.
Although we wernt great, it was pleasing to see some changes. That was a definite positive.

Avenger

Immortal
The return of Mahoney showed what a good hooker can do and change the dynamic of the team.

I was impressed by Will Smith. He is a decent back up. I’d keep him for another year.

Ferguson also stepped up.

The form of Moses is concerning whilst Gutherson is a player that comes along only once in a generation especially from an arch rival like Manly. He is special.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't know why everyone is up in arms over last night's play...

Whoever said we've been spending the last 10 weeks foxing is absolutely right. We have deliberately done nothing and just gotten used to smashing and getting smashed, getting the defense right, understanding what a real grind is, deliberately not playing football.

Now, 2 games to go against the worst team in the comp, with all the good teams behind us? Start to play football again. Clunky? Yep, but doesn't matter because we're gonna win.

Next week - a better team, but still not in the 8. They'll be tougher but we'll be better and we'll win again.

Week 1 of the Finals, against a good team. Keep playing footy, learn a bit more. Sure, we'll probably lose, but...

Week 2 of the Finals, now against a decent quality team - we'll have had 3 weeks of playing football under our belt, 10 weeks of grinding under our belt. Canberra might have a chance of beating us but Sharks, Knights or Rabbitohs won't.

Week 3 of the Finals, now with a month of playing footy under our belt. This will be the real tester and the decider as to whether Arthur is a good coach, or not.

We'll be in the last 4 teams standing. Last night wasn't good - it was f**king awesome.

One of your post delusional posts.

Not clicking is never deliberate. Who do you think we are foxing?
Why would you bother foxing ? If your good enough you just keep winning.

I'd say we started the season at a similar level. Difference is other teams have worked us out a little and they have improved as season has gone on. We have not. We are the same. So we have fallen behind the pack.

Penrith continued to grow. I'd say Raiders also.
Storm and Roosters are same level as last season. And it's a high level.

hindy111

Post Whore
Stone and Niakuore will be back shortly.
Who do we drop? Evan's starting went well. He outplayed RCG.
Kafusi I like. He is the future but perhaps dispensable at this point. Davey went well starting. W.Smith is a better threat then Stone and covers more positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts