What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ticket Pre-sales are OPEN

adamkungl

Immortal
From 9am (British) 6pm (Aus) yesterday, ticket sales were opened for people who signed up early, with the public ticket sales/ballot due to open in October.

On twitter, CEO Jon Dutton confirmed that there would be full refunds for any COVID impacted travel restrictions.

Initial response seemed strong with online queues and unfortunately the typical website failures for some users (hopefully this was sorted quickly! but probably an indication of good demand)

Has anyone else bought tickets yet?

I got tickets for England v Samoa opener, Tonga v PNG, NZ v Ireland, and France v Samoa.
These are the games I most want to see, but have another dozen or so lined up for when travel arrangements become clearer.

It wouldn't surprise me if this tournament doubles the attendance of the 2017 event, everything about its organisation has been 100x better.

Pommy

Coach
From 9am (British) 6pm (Aus) yesterday, ticket sales were opened for people who signed up early, with the public ticket sales/ballot due to open in October.

On twitter, CEO Jon Dutton confirmed that there would be full refunds for any COVID impacted travel restrictions.

Initial response seemed strong with online queues and unfortunately the typical website failures for some users (hopefully this was sorted quickly! but probably an indication of good demand)

Has anyone else bought tickets yet?

I got tickets for England v Samoa opener, Tonga v PNG, NZ v Ireland, and France v Samoa.
These are the games I most want to see, but have another dozen or so lined up for when travel arrangements become clearer.

It wouldn't surprise me if this tournament doubles the attendance of the 2017 event, everything about its organisation has been 100x better.

I know they’re refundable but I’m not going to buy tickets until I know I cab actually go.
It’s a shame all this hit as they really did seem to be organising a great event.

adamkungl

Immortal
I know they’re refundable but I’m not going to buy tickets until I know I cab actually go.
It’s a shame all this hit as they really did seem to be organising a great event.

If we can go, I don't want to miss out on tickets to the opener. f**k it, if it doesnt work out, I'll deal with that later.

Pommy

Coach
If we can go, I don't want to miss out on tickets to the opener. f**k it, if it doesnt work out, I'll deal with that later.

Even pre covid I don’t think getting tickets for the opener was going to be an issue. If they could have got 30,000 in a non league city for that game I would have taken it as a win.

adamkungl

Immortal
Even pre covid I don’t think getting tickets for the opener was going to be an issue. If they could have got 30,000 in a non league city for that game I would have taken it as a win.

I reckon it will sell out or go close.
English fans are typically more enthusiastic about internationals than Aussies and the marketing and planning for the event has been excellent.

Pommy

Coach
I reckon it will sell out or go close.
English fans are typically more enthusiastic about internationals than Aussies and the marketing and planning for the event has been excellent.

I hope you’re right but 52,000 to play Samoa in a Football and Union town is a big ask in my opinion.

adamkungl

Immortal
I hope you’re right but 52,000 to play Samoa in a Football and Union town is a big ask in my opinion.

Samoa is the best of the England pool games, it should be a good one.
And Newcastle is just close enough to the heartlands that people from all over will travel for the event.
I'm an optimist!

Smell My Finger

Juniors
The only hinderance will be the grounds capacity.

I'm looking forward to Australia vs The Republic Of San Morino, should be a cracker!

adamkungl

Immortal
Oh. Another one of these.

Who am I kidding, it's the same sad merkin who's circled the drain around here and twitter dozens of times before.