1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL & NRLW along with the match programme for the coming weekend of action in the NRL Finals, NRLW, Challenge Cup, Super League, NZRL and the Toulouges Nines!

In this week's edition Paul Jobber goes one-on-one with retired NRL match official Gavin Badger, Rick Edgerton looks at some of the legendary halves pairings as Penrith pair Nathan Cleary & Jarome Luai ascend to potential greatness, and we look at a world of rugby league this coming weekend with Steve Mascord.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Finals Week 3, NRLW Round 3, Challenge Cup Final, Super League Round 16, NZRL Premiership and Toulouges Nines programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 21 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Ticket Pre-sales are OPEN

Discussion in 'World Cup 2021' started by adamkungl, Sep 22, 2020.

1. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

From 9am (British) 6pm (Aus) yesterday, ticket sales were opened for people who signed up early, with the public ticket sales/ballot due to open in October.

On twitter, CEO Jon Dutton confirmed that there would be full refunds for any COVID impacted travel restrictions.

Initial response seemed strong with online queues and unfortunately the typical website failures for some users (hopefully this was sorted quickly! but probably an indication of good demand)

Has anyone else bought tickets yet?

I got tickets for England v Samoa opener, Tonga v PNG, NZ v Ireland, and France v Samoa.
    These are the games I most want to see, but have another dozen or so lined up for when travel arrangements become clearer.

It wouldn't surprise me if this tournament doubles the attendance of the 2017 event, everything about its organisation has been 100x better.

Coastbloke likes this.
  2. Pommy

Pommy Coach

I know they’re refundable but I’m not going to buy tickets until I know I cab actually go.
    It’s a shame all this hit as they really did seem to be organising a great event.

3. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

If we can go, I don't want to miss out on tickets to the opener. f**k it, if it doesnt work out, I'll deal with that later.

4. Pommy

Pommy Coach

Even pre covid I don’t think getting tickets for the opener was going to be an issue. If they could have got 30,000 in a non league city for that game I would have taken it as a win.

5. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

I reckon it will sell out or go close.
    English fans are typically more enthusiastic about internationals than Aussies and the marketing and planning for the event has been excellent.

6. Pommy

Pommy Coach

I hope you’re right but 52,000 to play Samoa in a Football and Union town is a big ask in my opinion.

7. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

Samoa is the best of the England pool games, it should be a good one.
    And Newcastle is just close enough to the heartlands that people from all over will travel for the event.
    I'm an optimist!

8. Smell My Finger

Smell My Finger Juniors

Isn't sold out yet? What a relief.

9. Smell My Finger

Smell My Finger Juniors

The only hinderance will be the grounds capacity.

I'm looking forward to Australia vs The Republic Of San Morino, should be a cracker!

10. Smell My Finger

Smell My Finger Juniors

Mate, we'll be there even if we have to swim.

11. Pommy

Pommy Coach

Not San Marino then you dull merkin?

12. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

Oh. Another one of these.

Who am I kidding, it's the same sad merkin who's circled the drain around here and twitter dozens of times before.

13. Dakink

Dakink Bench

Can we please have him restricted, alongside his alter egos, to Fight Club. This forum is for news and discussion not his crap.

hutch, Coastbloke and adamkungl like this.