What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHO DO WE FOLLOW IN THE FINALS ?

magpie_man

Juniors
Panthers - not in a million years. Ivan the smug prick has walked into 8 years of Gus’s hard work and 5 years of Hooks to reap the benefits. They have also somehow formed a team of 14 (minus Mansour, Yeo & Tamou) of the most unlikable slimy pricks to ever play the game. Sex crimes, putting the whole comp in jeopardy due to breaking COVID, bullying girls to get abortions. Not to mention the over the top fake celebritrations, photographing themselves walking into training thinking they are NFL/NBA stars. The unearnt arrogance they have is beyond belief. I’m sorry this club is scum. I hope they go out in straight sets

I legitimately don't get the Penrith hate; a team made-up of home-grown, bonafide Western Sydney goodness in the Roosters-Storm-Rabbitohs salary sombrero epoch will always elicit some sort of sympathy from me.
They've laid out the path to success in this era, it's just up to our dopey club to stop chasing overpriced, over-the-hill has-beens and adopt the same paradigm.
In terms of who I will follow in the finals: anyone but Parramatta. In my 37 years on this planet I don't think I've seen a more distasteful bunch of players. Maybe the '05-'06 West Coast Eagles.

axl rose

Bench
So many Raiders bandwagoners, you sick people. Hope they make it all the way to the GF and get penalised for using an opposition player as a shepard
Eels- joke of the finals, Storm will score 7 tries down Sivos wing.
Roosters- probably tired of winning, Teddy looks bored.
Sharks- would not beat Newtown
Knights- Still waiting for the day a commentator actually criticizes Ponga for his woeful defense.
Souths- sometimes Cody Walker shows up and makes them look good, usually not.
Riff- they are no Tigers of 05, will falter under the finals blowtorch. Cut to Clearly smug face when that happens.
Storm- still cheat the best and that will be enough.

Rhyno

First Grade
So now that our mighty WT have somehow missed the finals, who do we all want to win ?
This weekend, for instance I will force myself to cheer loudly for the Melbourne Storm. Go the purple !!!!
As nauseating as it is, did you honestly expect me to cheer for Parramatta ?
The roosters can go and FTS. Add in the riff, souffs and the captain of the GAGF squad . . . . pawwa.
Sharks don't look too good, same for Newie.
I hate Melbourne, so that means it's Raiders all the way !!!!.
Except Storm v Pawwa this weekend. Go Cammie ! Go Fasilimasupalami. Trample Mitchy.
I hope Nelson rubs out that little neck rubbing whinger Brown.

sooo salty

can just picture you crying your eyes out watching mitchy lift the trophy

BrotherJim05

Bench
Lol, we can all picture you with your gay tattoo crying your eyes out watching Mitchy cry his eyes out in the second week of the finals

lol you're insulting Rhyno for being a homosexual (btw Rhyno I totally support you and lifestyle choices. I know most Parramatta fans live a similar lifestyle so I'm really happy for all of you) yet your avatar is Tiger King?

Old tiger 79

Juniors
lol you're insulting Rhyno for being a homosexual (btw Rhyno I totally support you and lifestyle choices. I know most Parramatta fans live a similar lifestyle so I'm really happy for all of you) yet your avatar is Tiger King?
Edited now.
Why does he bother coming in here talking shit? What’s the point?
He must’ve been ridiculed out of the Parra forum hey?

The Rosco

Bench
sooo salty

can just picture you crying your eyes out watching mitchy lift the trophy
100% I'll cry if Mitchy Witchy lifts the trophy. It will be a vomit cry.
But I'd reckon you'll be the one crying in just 2 weeks time.
Your lot could barely beat WT. Think about it.
Week one, then week two. Then your off season.
Y'all make sure you come back now. Don't be a stranger, rhyno.

adamkungl

Immortal
100% I'll cry if Mitchy Witchy lifts the trophy. It will be a vomit cry.
But I'd reckon you'll be the one crying in just 2 weeks time.
Your lot could barely beat WT. Think about it.
Week one, then week two. Then your off season.
Y'all make sure you come back now. Don't be a stranger, rhyno.

My mate Albert hopes you can see it in your heart to cheer for Roosters if Raiders don't last the distance

The Rosco

Bench
My mate Albert hopes you can see it in your heart to cheer for Roosters if Raiders don't last the distance
Hey Adam . . . long time no speak.
Mate, my Mrs is a roosters fan, so I have a vested interest in her being in a good mood with a roosters win.
Or should that be un vested ?

stryker

First Grade
Melbourne for me.
The GOAT deserves one more title for his contributions to the code.

I’d like to see them beat the Raiders in the GF as watching the Raiders lose GFs has become a hobby of mine.
Signed, still bitter about ‘89 LMAO.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Melbourne for me.
The GOAT deserves one more title for his contributions to the code.

I’d like to see them beat the Raiders in the GF as watching the Raiders lose GFs has become a hobby of mine.
Signed, still bitter about ‘89 LMAO.

I was living in Canberra in ‘89, barely just a teenager but still remember that GF well. I walked outside with just a minute or two left on the clock, needed to get some fresh air (hide my tears). Outside, there was complete silence, not a single car on the road, it seemed as if even the birds were holding their breath as the clock wound down. I couldn’t hear the siren sound on the TV from the front porch because hundreds of thousands of Canberrans all cheered at that exact same moment. I walked off the tears as I went to the stash spot I’d hidden the quarter pack of Winnie Blues I’d found on my way home from school and had my first cigarette, well, only about half before I felt crook.

It took years for the mental scars to heal but I don’t mind the raiders these days, I hope they win this year. Rooster and Storm are last on my list. Penrith have had a soft run in and are too young to mentally hold it together through the finals in my eyes, I’d really like to see the smug wiped from Ivan’s face. Souths would be my next worst GF winner after Penrith. I don’t think anyone else has a chance.

Go the Raiders!

Phil Gould

Juniors
I couldn’t stand the Roosters Storm Penrith Eels winning ....Go the Raiders! That would be an impressive comeback after last years heartbreak ...and a double kick in the guts for Joey L after being greedy with the ball last year ahh well too bad. He might even learn about being humble?
I like the double kick in the guts idea but Joey learning to be humble...the Tigers have more chance of making the 8 next year.

The Rosco

Bench
"sooo salty

can just picture you crying your eyes out watching mitchy lift the trophy."
. . Rhyno. 4 days before the game

Wasn't it great to see my temporary favourite team, the Victorian Thunderstorms beat pawwa last night ?
What a shame we won't hear from our friend rhyno again this year.
It makes me happy to know he would have been excited at 12-0, thinking they were gonna win. Sitting upright on his couch in his jersey, clapping his hands and squirming with delight. " We're back , baby !!!!! " he would say. To his mum.
Immediately following that win, in the finals I don't go for Melbourne anymore.
I'll tell you my new team tonight.
Go them !!!
Rhyno, if you are here . . . which I doubt . . . but if you are, I hope you're OK. I know you're hurting, but whatever you do, don't play any Tracy Chapman C.D's. Or Leonard Cohen.
And lastly matey, they got the year on the back collar of your jerseys wrong. It says 1947, but I'm sure you have won the comp since then. I think it's like 1986 or something. I do enjoy my Ancient History . . . .
Long fkkng time and all, but it's only 34 years, not 73.
34 . . . 35. Same same.

Last edited:

Latest posts