What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHO DO WE FOLLOW IN THE FINALS ?

The Rosco

Bench
So now that our mighty WT have somehow missed the finals, who do we all want to win ?
This weekend, for instance I will force myself to cheer loudly for the Melbourne Storm. Go the purple !!!!
As nauseating as it is, did you honestly expect me to cheer for Parramatta ?
The roosters can go and FTS. Add in the riff, souffs and the captain of the GAGF squad . . . . pawwa.
Sharks don't look too good, same for Newie.
I hate Melbourne, so that means it's Raiders all the way !!!!.
Except Storm v Pawwa this weekend. Go Cammie ! Go Fasilimasupalami. Trample Mitchy.
I hope Nelson rubs out that little neck rubbing whinger Brown.

macnaz

Staff member
Happy to see the rorters do the threepeat and watch the NRL cop flack for a shithouse salary cap system .
Otherwise the Raiders .

BrotherJim05

Bench
Roosters, Parra, Storm, Sharks - can't support any of these teams. Just can't do it.

I have a soft spot for the Bunnies, so wouldn't mind seeing them win, although I thought Canberra deserved to win last year so would be great to see them come back and win it this year. Newcastle are alright but I really don't like the way they have just started rorting the salary cap and signing whoever they want.

As much as I despise Chinny McChin Chin, I really do want the Panthers to win. They are basically a case study of everything we should have done as a club and if they win the premiership it proves you can win a premiership through junior development rather than salary cap rorting.

Take Chinny out of the equation and you've got a squad of young players all playing their guts out and be lead by someone who could be the NSW Halfback for the next 10 years. It's a great fairytale and I can't help but smile when I see them on this crazy winning streak.

simmo1

First Grade
Not the Storm. If they win, surely Smith retires and whatever slim chance we have of keeping Harry Grant will be gone.

Certainly couldn't bring myself to cheer on the Eels or Panthers.

I don't mind Roosters to be honest. It would send plenty of 'neutral' fans into meltdown to see them win again and they play an attractive style of footy too.

Also like the Raiders, but think it will be tough for anyone to win outside the top 4.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Panthers - nah, don't want to see Ivan prosper after shafting us, although I do like a lot of their young players.
Storm - I like a lot of their players and admire their professionalism (wish we had just a tiny bit of that)
Eels - nah, bunch of unlikeable grubs.
Roosters - LOL, let's just have them win every year.
Raiders - Don't mind them
Souffs - nah, grubs
Knights - nah, grubs
Sharks - nah, grubs

So I'll be cheering for Storm & Raiders.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Panthers - not in a million years. Ivan the smug prick has walked into 8 years of Gus’s hard work and 5 years of Hooks to reap the benefits. They have also somehow formed a team of 14 (minus Mansour, Yeo & Tamou) of the most unlikable slimy pricks to ever play the game. Sex crimes, putting the whole comp in jeopardy due to breaking COVID, bullying girls to get abortions. Not to mention the over the top fake celebritrations, photographing themselves walking into training thinking they are NFL/NBA stars. The unearnt arrogance they have is beyond belief. I’m sorry this club is scum. I hope they go out in straight sets

Storm - yeah they’re cheating pricks and have ruined league as a spectacle but it’s hard not to respect them. Plus if we’re not going to win a comp I want the winners as far away as possible

Eels - Bitchell, King Nothing, Catterson. The team who invented laying down for penalties. No thanks. Won’t mean much anyway as they’re gone in straight sets

Roosters - honestly I’ve never had much hate for them. Yes in all likelihood there’s massive rorts going on but hey, if we could do it we would. I wouldn’t care if they won

Raiders - probably deserved it last year and they play a good brand of footy. Have had to over come more then anyone this year bar the Warriors and possibly Storm. All for them winning it

Souths - complete and utter scum trash club. The worst supporters in the game and most entitled attitude I’ve ever come across, get looked after by the NRL more then anyone has since Manly when Arko ruled. No way in hell

Knights - for some reason I just don’t like them. Maybe because they remind me of us. Lots of style but zero substance. Ponga is the Mitch Moses of fullbacks. Pretenders for sure but would be hard to begrudge their fans success

Sharks - LOL

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Panthers - not in a million years. Ivan the smug prick has walked into 8 years of Gus’s hard work and 5 years of Hooks to reap the benefits. They have also somehow formed a team of 14 (minus Mansour, Yeo & Tamou) of the most unlikable slimy pricks to ever play the game. Sex crimes, putting the whole comp in jeopardy due to breaking COVID, bullying girls to get abortions. I’m sorry this club is scum. I hope they go out in straight sets

Storm - yeah they’re cheating pricks and have ruined league as a spectacle but it’s hard not to respect them. Plus if we’re not going to win a comp I want the winners as far away as possible

Eels - Bitchell, King Nothing, Catterson. The team who invented laying down for penalties. No thanks. Won’t mean much anyway as they’re gone in straight sets

Roosters - honestly I’ve never had much hate for them. Yes in all likelihood there’s massive rorts going on but hey, if we could do it we would. I wouldn’t care if they won

Raiders - probably deserved it last year and they play a good brand of footy. Have had to over come more then anyone this year bar the Warriors and possibly Storm. All for them winning it

Souths - complete and utter scum trash club. The worst supporters in the game and most entitled attitude I’ve ever come across, get looked after by the NRL more then anyone has since Manly when Arko ruled. No way in hell

Knights - for some reason I just don’t like them. Maybe because they remind me of us. Lots of style but zero substance. Ponga is the Mitch Moses of fullbacks. Pretenders for sure but would be hard to begrudge their fans success
Sharks - LOL

delete

JB04

Juniors
Panthers - not in a million years. Ivan the smug prick has walked into 8 years of Gus’s hard work and 5 years of Hooks to reap the benefits. They have also somehow formed a team of 14 (minus Mansour, Yeo & Tamou) of the most unlikable slimy pricks to ever play the game. Sex crimes, putting the whole comp in jeopardy due to breaking COVID, bullying girls to get abortions. I’m sorry this club is scum. I hope they go out in straight sets

Sharks - LOL
Good god, this x100000

In order I’d go
Raiders
Roosters
Storm

WA Tiger

Bench
I couldn’t stand the Roosters Storm Penrith Eels winning ....Go the Raiders! That would be an impressive comeback after last years heartbreak ...and a double kick in the guts for Joey L after being greedy with the ball last year ahh well too bad. He might even learn about being humble?

Last edited:

Choiboi

Juniors
Raiders - because you cannot help but like them and how sticky built the team up
Penrith - don't care about Ivan, they are playing so well and deserve to win it

BrotherJim05

Bench
Not the Storm. If they win, surely Smith retires and whatever slim chance we have of keeping Harry Grant will be gone.

Certainly couldn't bring myself to cheer on the Eels or Panthers.

I don't mind Roosters to be honest. It would send plenty of 'neutral' fans into meltdown to see them win again and they play an attractive style of footy too.

Also like the Raiders, but think it will be tough for anyone to win outside the top 4.

Really good point re: Storm. Kind of hope now that the grand final is Storm v someone and Storm lose. Smith will want to play on for sure after that and hopefully the salary cap pressure causes them to release JAC to us...then Grant backflips on Storm by activating his clause...then we also sign Tolman on a reserve grade contract

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Rabbits, eels, storm and roosters can shove it.

Knights and sharks are cannon fodder.

Penrith or Raiders, (now their fans know all about dodgy calls in Grand finals,) I could live with

Panthers - not in a million years. Ivan the smug prick has walked into 8 years of Gus’s hard work and 5 years of Hooks to reap the benefits. They have also somehow formed a team of 14 (minus Mansour, Yeo & Tamou) of the most unlikable slimy pricks to ever play the game. Sex crimes, putting the whole comp in jeopardy due to breaking COVID, bullying girls to get abortions. Not to mention the over the top fake celebritrations, photographing themselves walking into training thinking they are NFL/NBA stars. The unearnt arrogance they have is beyond belief. I’m sorry this club is scum. I hope they go out in straight sets

Sharks - LOL
Very astute Vic.