What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Vision

First Grade
I can see it now.....

20 seconds to go just this side of halfway .....Johns goes the blind side, passes to Ponga, into space, "simply dancing simply magnificent " reaches the opposition 40 and passes to a flying Akuala "the thriller" Ute with a jinking run infield offloading to Mullen backing up now on the opposition 10 mtr line pops a left to right to Alex Mckinnon who goes in untouched after the hooter to win the 2021 Premiership as Rabbit Warren declares " that's not a try that's a m.........dream"

The field of dreams ....is a beautiful place, even if just for a moment.

Knight Tales

Bench
Reading the posts here I am wondering what the halves will look like a year or two from now. Crossland is in a bit of a strange place I feel. Maybe AOB isn’t sold on him. Strange when Penrith have produced kids like Crichton, Burton and Staines and we just put them in and out the side. Hard to develop with no game time.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Reading the posts here I am wondering what the halves will look like a year or two from now. Crossland is in a bit of a strange place I feel. Maybe AOB isn’t sold on him. Strange when Penrith have produced kids like Crichton, Burton and Staines and we just put them in and out the side. Hard to develop with no game time.
I think this year has just been an odd year with injuries forcing selections.

We don't just need any 5/8 next season but the right type of 5/8 to get the best out of Pearce. I can only think AOB likes what he sees in someone and feels he can coach them to be something.

Pearce's current contract is up at the end of next season - same time that a lot of good young halves are coming off contract. Extending Pearce would be looney.

Knight76

Juniors
That’s some optimistic thinking. He’ll play past 32.

Not sure it will be with us.

He debuted at 17 or 18 and has had a long career. Struggling with injury this season and just maybe his drive won't be there as much next year.

Just saying, I think he will pull the plug after next year.

Has he said he wants to play on?

Alex28

Coach
Is there a feeling that Kyle Flanagan won’t be at the Roosters next year given they have Lam and Sam Walker coming up?

Shane as assistant coach and Kyle at 5/8 until Pearce comes off contract? Gives Crossland a couple of years to develop before Crossland and Flanagan are our long-term halves?

Might be wishful thinking. We could do worse...

Knight Vision

First Grade
Is there a feeling that Kyle Flanagan won’t be at the Roosters next year given they have Lam and Sam Walker coming up?

Shane as assistant coach and Kyle at 5/8 until Pearce comes off contract? Gives Crossland a couple of years to develop before Crossland and Flanagan are our long-term halves?

Might be wishful thinking. We could do worse...
Lam is off contract this year, Flanagan end of next.

No word on if they've re-signed Lam yet

Unlucky Sydney Roosters ace Lachlan Lam should move on and become a "marquee No.7" at another NRL club, rugby league Immortal Andrew Johns says.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/lachla...-fittler/7de029ba-22d9-466f-af9f-0938ac56c0e9

Knight Vision

First Grade
He’d be a great pickup agreed.
and I don't think he'd cost a lot of money either and be super keen for an NRL start. I imagine any young half would fall over themselves for an opportunity to steer the Knights team around

Had huge wraps on him as a junior.

Yosh

Coach
I don't want a superstar half. Just need someone who can kick long and find grass, get some repeat sets and defend well. Our team has attacking potential across the park but our halves can't utilize at the moment.

Barnett has more to his game than just big hits. I would like to see Frizzell and Barnett line up as our starting second rowers. They both offer a bit of a mix up in attack. Let Sione start in the middle, he has been decent. Then bring on Mann or Watson to spice it up.

Latest posts