What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

stryker

First Grade
Bj is a fat piece of shit, they need to rip up his contract. What he dished up this year is nothing short of a disgrace
100%. I was never sold on his signing as Stuart, a great man manager, couldn’t work with this prick. Just another bludger who came here for an easy payday.

Overall a frustrating season. We battered every team that finished below us when we played them but were shocking against the teams above us. The only top 8 side we beat was Cronulla.

Tiger05

First Grade
100%. I was never sold on his signing as Stuart, a great man manager, couldn’t work with this prick. Just another bludger who came here for an easy payday.

He is just a dumb footy player. A target defensively and heaps of brain explosions. I hope he looks at himself and decides he wants to be the best player he can be rather than being a loser who never fulfills his potential.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Overall a frustrating season. We battered every team that finished below us when we played them but were shocking against the teams above us. The only top 8 side we beat was Cronulla.
Unsurprisingly Cronulla have not beaten a top 8 side.Talk about rewarding mediocrity.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He is just a dumb footy player. A target defensively and heaps of brain explosions. I hope he looks at himself and decides he wants to be the best player he can be rather than being a loser who never fulfills his potential.
Unfortunately u can’t insert brains in statues.The dumb mercenary is not going to change his hideous ways.We need to cut our losses short & piss him off while it’s still possible.

macnaz

Staff member
His younger brother shits all over him as player and even as a human being. That alone should embarrass him to enough to step up and reach his potential, but sadly it makes no difference .

Tigerm

First Grade
His younger brother shits all over him as player and even as a human being. That alone should embarrass him to enough to step up and reach his potential, but sadly it makes no difference .
Should be a good conversation between him & Madge:)

simmo1

First Grade

I've been impressed with Luciano's transformation from 20min bench player to 80min starter in one off season. He still lacks a bit of consistency, but if he shows the same improvement this off season, he will be a force to be reckoned with in 2021. Looks to have inherited none of his brothers laziness or ill discipline.

WA Tiger

Bench
2 more yrs @ 700k per season of this useless grub.We must shop him around & just accept a sizeable haircut on remainder of his contract.He would b easier to fk off to super league than grub & Packer.

Also hoping Walters gets the broncos coaching job to hopefully enable us to discard Mbye.
At least we know BJ is capable of a top class display unlike some we’ve got ..Maybe a break will do him good.The new arse Madge tore for him might have healed by next year .I think Walters has got the Broncos job

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
At least we know BJ is capable of a top class display unlike some we’ve got ..Maybe a break will do him good.The new arse Madge tore for him might have healed by next year .I think Walters has got the Broncos job

Upside of BJ is that his salary is subsidised by Raiders for 2020-2021. He will be off contract in his final year (which we are paying for in full) and if I ever saw a player who could suddenly look like an Origin star when their contract is up, I reckon it's old BJ for sure

The Tigers held the club’s annual Kelly Barnes awards night at the Waterview function centre at Bicentennial Park where winger David Nofoaluma was crowned the club’s player of the year.

Good on him, I guess it was a bit hard to give it to a guy who was only on loan to them, but then again he did get a gong.

Harry Grant 2020 Rookie of the Year Award
Todd Payten and Daniel Fitzhenry - Life Members

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
Good on him, I guess it was a bit hard to give it to a guy who was only on loan to them, but then again he did get a gong.

Harry Grant 2020 Rookie of the Year Award
Todd Payten and Daniel Fitzhenry - Life Members
I hope Fitzy did a donut on stage ;)

In fairness though he was a solid contributor for us.

but if we give out 2 life memberships per year we will be reaching deep once we get through that 05 team

but if we give out 2 life memberships per year we will be reaching deep once we get through that 05 team
very true Perth, the cynic in me reading the tea leaves, says lets give 2 former players and one who is a current NRL coach the gong, never know when you next want a coach.

I wonder if Fitzy is still coaching in the bush?

Fordy20

Juniors
I doubt you will ever see Ivan own up to his actions here at the Tigers. Look at the actual quote:

I had a bit of emotional baggage just from the way that everything finished at the Tigers. I was kind of cast as the villain, I guess I was the one who agitated it a little bit.

Notice how carefully he chooses his words. He doesn't openly state that it was our club or our fans casting him as the villain, just that he was cast as the villain, meaning it could be the media or anyone. And although he begrudgingly accepts some responsibility for how he was perceived, he doesn't state any actions that he took, he doesn't provide any rationale or defense of those actions and he certainly doesn't take any ownership of those actions. It's all weasel words.

For a sympathy piece, it's important to make sure you aren't seen to be blaming other people or making any clear accusations. In that sense, this is a well constructed piece of fluff for the Panthers faithful or neutrals who either don't know or don't care about the detail about what went on here. I reckon Ivan understands that rugby league thrives on tribalism and drama especially after watching him blow kisses at a fan from the coaches box and in some sense he wants to foster and manufacture that without being seen as a bad person.

That being said, I don't think he came to the club with a clear intention to sabotage it to the extent that he has. However, I don't expect we will ever get an apology, let alone a reason or even an acknowledgement of his actions and just how destructive his selfishness and opportunism have been to this club. All this makes him a hard person to admire or respect.

WA Tiger

Bench
Unfortunately u can’t insert brains in statues.The dumb mercenary is not going to change his hideous ways.We need to cut our losses short & piss him off while it’s still possible.
Maybe Nofo’s outstanding plays did play a part in headfking BJ..? Likely had something to do with him sulking with the hard line from Madge but maybe with him coming to WT expecting to be the star of the two, then that was turned on it’s head..I mean regardless of what some say , some of those plays by Nofo, you don’t see every day. Some were over the top good..with multiple outstanding improvised kicks that after 1 then 2 that are pin point, can’t be flukes and long accurate passes hitting the chest not to mention his running game..A psyked out BJ is maybe a no good BJ
Two things I saw 1 At the start of the year BJ giving Nofo a serve for a mistake 2 Toward the end of the year Nofo returning the favour...Ahh I’m probably imagining things

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I hope AD puts on the same service to his wingers that Benji did..I think we can only hope he comes close.With Benji it was never just about the pass. Deception played a big part...

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
At least with all the dramas at Souths & Bronc's, it has kept us out of the news?:)

Latest posts