What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wk2 Finals: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (10/10/20)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Still not over Moses missed kick !!

Anyhow think Marata missing hurt more then the backs. We were on top until our 3 middles went off. Evans / Stone didn’t contribute enough, cost us 2 tries.. Marata wouId have made a difference there.

hindy111

Post Whore
Dylan Brown has no passing or kicking game. He can run and tackle. That’s it

W.Smith offers more at this point. I think people under estimate him.
Moses cost us any chance. Even at 26-18 with 16 to go Parra turned into water. Had they calmed down it could of gotten to 26-24 when Jennings scored. That makes it a real grand stand finish.

Moses the main half did not step up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Moses offered absolutely zero. As usual he went missing when it mattered.

All our points were off the back of Guth and Paulo. Dylan Brown hasn’t improved at all and won’t under a bloke who should be coaching the Katherine Crocodiles. The team has talent and finished top 3 besides the inept clueless coaching staff. I can see us going backwards next year and missing the 8.

Tooooks

Bench
Get what you are saying but the kid is 20 with only 32 games and his running / defence is already NRL standard. Additionally he has shown he can pass / kick short.

also don’t forget in his first 2 seasons he has had 2 pretty serious injuries.

We are expecting to much from him at this stage of his career. Listen to the Matty Johns podcast talk about rookie halves. Basically first 50 games is survival next 50 is trying stuff. It takes 100 games to really understand the process. They mention Thurston took 200 or so games to really hit elite level.

Andrew Johns didn’t even play his first finals game til he was 23. Some people expect perfection from this young bloke who tries his heart out. He f**ked up tonight when chasing points. It happens.

hindy111

Post Whore
Goodness me, some of the comments in here about a young 20 year old half is disgusting!!
Name me one of the greats who was actually good at that age, probably all the way back to Freddy!
Pull ya heads in

It's more he needs to run the team. Moses is not the answer. I think he will be like Cleary and step up once given control

strider

Post Whore

Anyhow think Marata missing hurt more then the backs. We were on top until our 3 middles went off. Evans / Stone didn’t contribute enough, cost us 2 tries.. Marata wouId have made a difference there.
Agree it was a massive momentum shift when those 2 go off ... i think Nrown might have been off too ... Davey tries hard but prob not a middle, Kevans is just abit meh, Stone was a bit shit tonight

Happy MEel

First Grade
He made two bad errors chasing points due to Moses missing a sitter. Without his brilliant cover tackle seconds earlier they would’ve scored anyway.

I’m not sold on half being his best position though.
Me either mate. He’s a first grader but I don’t think he’s a half. A short kicking game, running, hit and stick and good defensive decisions sounds like the job description of a centre.

strider

Post Whore
Moses offered absolutely zero. As usual he went missing when it mattered.

All our points were off the back of Guth and Paulo. Dylan Brown hasn’t improved at all and won’t under a bloke who should be coaching the Katherine Crocodiles. The team has talent and finished top 3 besides the inept clueless coaching staff. I can see us going backwards next year and missing the 8.
Bingo! ... every post has gotta contain a sook about the coach

Joely01

Bench
It's more he needs to run the team. Moses is not the answer. I think he will be like Cleary and step up once given control

control the team? That’s the halfbacks job.
The only team who has the 5/8th run the team is Keary at the roosters.
Drown isn’t suppose to run the team

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dunster made one blue but I thought he had a fine debut in the circumstances. He’ll do a job for us next year no matter what, should of gotten a go earlier in the year if the coach wasn’t a muppet.

hindy111

Post Whore
he is 20 years old, coming back from an injury after 4 weeks which generally takes 6-8 weeks.

Moses missed kick was the killer

Agree. But Souths where better side I still feel. They ripped us apart in 2nd half. 18-8 and at home. Ended 30-6 in 2nd half. Wiped our ases clean

Noise

Coach

Yep. When Evans, Stone and I think Lane went to the middle we were f**ked. Stone gave away two set restarts in almost as many minutes . Evans lost almost every ruck he was involved in. Lanes effort on Reynolds was embarrassing.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
control the team? That’s the halfbacks job.
The only team who has the 5/8th run the team is Keary at the roosters.
Drown isn’t suppose to run the team
Well our 7 doesn’t do a thing. All our points were when he was MIA. Even our last try Moses didn’t touch the ball at all that set. Halfback my arse.

Gronk

Staff member
Ok hit me with it. Why do you think we lost?
1. Missed that goal.
2. Professional foul on second grab should have got 10.
3. Moses is not the elite playmaker that some say. Don't @ me that Brown could take over because no.
4. When souths shift the ball they look like the all blacks. When we do it we look like we are just winging it.
5. Paulo and Gutho offer offence. The rest don’t.

Latest posts