What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

IFR33K

Coach
Because Gus is a fat merkin, but when It comes to matters on this club he is normally 100% correct.

Moving forwards I’d like the board or o Neil to sit with BA and move on and build on this season. If it means poaching staff so be it. Surely there’s got to be more knowledgeable people out there than some of the merkins we have. I wouldn’t even be opposed to getting BS back in some capacity. A magician at rebuilding a club and tactical coach. Surely he could offer more than kidwell.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I was always of the opinion that we had an outstanding roster this season and there would be no excuses if we didnt maximise our opportunity.
Liar
Where will we finish? 4th

Best player? Gutherson

Biggest disappointment? Sivo

The first rookie to make NRL debut? Davey

Surprise packet? Salmon

Breakout year? Drown

Best retention? Mahoney

The biggest name we let go? Evans

Biggest signing? Extend Nrown.

IFR33K

Coach
It must be very hard to follow sports when you have an all or nothing mindset. Surely you enjoyed the season ?

I can’t wait another 34 years gronk, and I’m glad the board will be pro active in sorting BA out. If you enjoyed the season I’m glad for you. Obviously your standards are lower than some. Hopefully SSBA learnt something from this season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I can’t wait another 34 years gronk, and I’m glad the board will be pro active in sorting BA out. If you enjoyed the season I’m glad for you. Obviously your standards are lower than some. Hopefully SSBA learnt something from this season.
Fancy going into a season expecting to win??

How dare you!!!

eel01s

Bench
Just read the SMH article . Spot on analysis. I take it to mean there will be new assistants next year. Maybe Flanno with a view to being next head coach?

The only thing missing for a premiership is mental toughness.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think we need to change a couple of things as a minimum.

The first one is different assistant coaches.

Secondly, part of the reason we went missing in the second half is because RCG / Junior / Brown / Mahoney / Lane have to play more minutes than what we want them to, because the players we had to play on the bench were so inferior (with the exception being Niukore) and only good for a few minutes to fill a hole why they had a break. We had a really good squad of 14 players, most who would make the Top 17 at any Premiership contending club, the rest weren't up to it and provided virtually nothing except filling a hole, some of those (Kaufusi) should improve. We need a couple more players that would enable us to add something from our bench players.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Be honest, did you feel like we were going to win the premiership at the start of the season? I think most fans got suckered in by the media in the first 10 rounds.

Avenger

Immortal
Cronk in the post game show on Foxtel and Laurie Daley on the radio this morning both talking about a crossroads for Parramatta and a decision needs to be made about the coach and/or the halfback.

Daley saying it was easier to sack the coach. I disagree. I reckon it would be much easier to offload Moses.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Cronk in the post game show on Foxtel and Laurie Daley on the radio this morning both talking about a crossroads for Parramatta and a decision needs to be made about the coach and/or the halfback.

Daley saying it was easier to sack the coach. I disagree. I reckon it would be much easier to offload Moses.
We aren’t winning anything with either here.

Soto

Bench
For mine, our biggest problem is the complete lack of punch off the bench. It’s so noticeable it’s not funny. I think a couple of really astute buys and we will go close next season. Keep the faith...
Agree and truth be told it was a horrible bench selection for the semi. Stone is way over rated. Kaufusi should have been in there.
The bench rotation throughout the season has been puzzling. Plus our most effective player off the bench marata was suspended.
We lose so much when Jnr, RCG and NRown are off at the same time.
Having Kaufusi, Nuikore and Lane (as reported/predicted) come off the bench nxt yr is so much better than what picked Sat night.
Hopefully we get this 2nd rower that's been rumored and now the talk is playing Guth at centre nxt yr as well. I can only see this happening if we are signing an absolute gun of a fullback...maybe Ado Carr? I'd pay him the $$$ but $900k..
I reckon he would be a sensation at fullback..attack and defensively

IFR33K

Coach
Be honest, did you feel like we were going to win the premiership at the start of the season? I think most fans got suckered in by the media in the first 10 rounds.

With the current set up, no I wasn’t confident of winning it, but was confident of being in the thick of it. Nor am I confident for 21/22. But I’m glad the people that matter see the teams shortfalls. BA isn’t perfect. He’s made monumental errors along the way, and it was there for many to see Saturday night. If we can get him help, to improve the team, I could live with that.

Gronk

Staff member

Look I have no problem about being ruthless when it comes to retention, recruitment and coaching staff. And if the HOF thinks we need to make changes then I'm with the club 100%.

However the No.1 rule in sport is that "You don't weaken a strength to strengthen a weakness."

So if there is a better option than BA available - go for it.

If Brisbane want Moses and we snap up a better option then I'm fine with that too. I would have massive reservations signing a rookie 7 and having our 6 & 7 next year running around like headless chooks.

Also Moses is a very handy 80% GK. New guy needs to match that unless your thinking Gutho.

84 Baby

Referee
I’m with BA that it’s an easy fix. Problem is it’s a thousand small things that need fixing. And then they need doing on the field. The backend of this season felt very pressure driven and that few of the players were actually enjoying being out there. I don’t know if that’s a BA channeling Brian Smith thing, or a media thing or a squad thing.
Probably needs a good old fashioned honesty session at Hindy’s.
The ingredients are definitely there, BA just needs to get the recipe right.
If I were the club’s fortune cookie, I’d be reinforcing the squad not to worry about winning next season. Winning is an end result of getting today right.

Joely01

Bench
For mine, our biggest problem is the complete lack of punch off the bench. It’s so noticeable it’s not funny. I think a couple of really astute buys and we will go close next season. Keep the faith...

We do have punch off the bench but he was suspended on the weekend in Niukore, you could also argue should’ve switched Lane and Davey for starting just to provide a bit more off the bench!
Obviously Evans is useless and gone next year.
I really hope Asiata is signed and announced soon...?
Also think Kaufusi should’ve been there infront of Evans on the weekend

Latest posts