What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Comments that we have/had a premiership capable squad in 2020 are wrong. We had a premiership capable top 13... we lacked a bench able to do the job.
That's what needs fixing.
. .
Only one person picked them to win the premiership at the start of the year but now every f**ker and his dog reckons we should have won it. It makes no sense.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't think the club is reacting to one or two games, they are making decisions based on the season as a whole. Just like they wouldn't have been counting their chickens at the mid-point of the season they won't be slashing their wrists now. We are on the improve, but not yet up there with the elite clubs. Eels management will be taking steps to improve our football operations, and the media will report it with maximum drama and bullshit because that's what the majority of dopey NRL fans like to see.
They counted their chickens enough to give our coach yet another contract extension.......

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think with the bench, moving forward you need 3 forwards and a utility 14... especially with the way HIAs are these days!
The question is is W.Smith the answer to cover Reed when he gets hurt or needs a rest, or do we find someone else?
Kaufusi and Niukore are two locks for mine for next years bench, interesting if the other is a signing, or the Lane move back to bench happens... Personally I’d like to see us sign Asiata for that 3rd forward on the bench!
If we land Asiata, I’d use him as our utility at 14. He can cover the middle, the halves and hooker.

IFR33K

Coach
I think the biggest issue is that very few, if any experts, had either Souths or Panthers winning the comp, or finishing ahead of us on the ladder. If Souths or Panthers win the comp with the players they've got on the field at the moment, then the Parra team and fans should be very very disappointed with how we've gone this season.

I’m not sure why we respond to that muppet. When the semis were about to begin he said it’s a new competition, we’ve finished 3rd so we’re a chance. Now it’s our expectations that’s the problem, and everything else is fine. BA is perfect hasnt f^*ked up, done mistakes, picking players out of form, poor use of the bench and so on. It’s all the fans fault. If he had his way SK would be going into his 11th season here.

emjaycee

Coach
Only one person picked them to win the premiership at the start of the year but now every f**ker and his dog reckons we should have won it. It makes no sense.
I was referring to the media. The great article that Avenger posted references that BA had all the pieces to go all the way and I refute that. Our bench in 2020 was weak IMHO.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What do you think 'deliver' means for BA in 2021?
Another top 4 finish and at least a Prelim or do we have to win the GF?
It would need to be an improvement on 2020.

What’s your take? You’re closer to the club than I am. Are we stuck with him for another 15 years?

Happy MEel

First Grade
Doesn't that just mean they have better depth? I'd be tempted to sign Corey Allan for 2022 so we can move Gutherson into the halves.

Given they tore our left side apart I'd say the loss of Mennings was enormous. The commentators mentioned our lack of go forward out of the backfield, so Ferguson would have helped there, and obviously our lack of forward depth meant Niukore was significantly missed. Gennings easily replaced Sivo though.
Corey Allan is class.