What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
This x1000

Shows the type of fans on here, you simply don’t change your best players position!
He is now in the top 3 fullbacks for mine, but hey let’s suggest moving him hahahaha

Wasn’t he moved from fullback to dummy half by our coach, last season? Some people make suggestions and give their opinions and the reactions are hilarious

parra pete

Referee
Downhill skier...only ever capable of providing 20 minutes in the middle of the match.

Two dyslexic blokes are at the top of ski slope
One points to the slalom run and says, "Fancy zig zagging down the slalom run?"
The other replies,"Zig zag? Don't you mean zag zig?"
After ten minutes arguing whether slalom involved zig zagging or zag zigging, they both decide to ask someone at the bottom of the slope.
They put their goggles on and down the slope they go. They reach the bottom and see a man about to make his way up the hill.
"Excuse me mate, could you settle an argument for us? When you go down a slalom run do you zig zag or zag zig?"
The bloke paused for a moment and said, "I'm sorry, I can't help you. I'm a tobogganist."
So the pair replied, "Fine, give us two packs of Marlboro then."

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This x1000

Shows the type of fans on here, you simply don’t change your best players position!
He is now in the top 3 fullbacks for mine, but hey let’s suggest moving him hahahaha
What does he do at fullback that he can't do in the halves? The only difference is where he defends. And while he might be pretty good under the high ball he has weaknesses defending at the back as well. He's not very good covering low kicks, and on his kick returns he not only gets slow play-the-balls but he rarely beats the first defender. The upside of him defending in the halves is that he is a very good tackler, and would get more opportunities for this up in the line.

Munster spent his first two seasons at fullback, where he was also very good. If a player can play multiple positions with equal aplomb it can be used to benefit the team.

IFR33K

Coach
Gutherson to the halves. Dylan Brown could play centre or fullback.

theres plenty of upside to this as I’m not sold on brown at 5/8. The only possible downside is how much is brown on. If he’s on spine money, then it’s too much for a centre. Would he also move there, and potentially cost himself $$$?

84 Baby

Referee
What does he do at fullback that he can't do in the halves? The only difference is where he defends. And while he might be pretty good under the high ball he has weaknesses defending at the back as well. He's not very good covering low kicks, and on his kick returns he not only gets slow play-the-balls but he rarely beats the first defender. The upside of him defending in the halves is that he is a very good tackler, and would get more opportunities for this up in the line.

Munster spent his first two seasons at fullback, where he was also very good. If a player can play multiple positions with equal aplomb it can be used to benefit the team.
The only problem I have with moving Gutho to halves is it means dumping Drown or Moses (or moving one to fullback when Gutho is the best fullback of the 3) but I think Drown has more half ability than Gutho, while dumping Moses would hurt our kicking game

TheRam

Coach
Our best player is Gutherson. Wtf would you want to move him for?

For teddy,Turbo,Ponga or Rts you would.

For Bevan French? Fmd......

We need an edge forward and halves to improve. Better options on bench.

That is all thanks. We are not far away. People are making out we come last.

We will be needing a centre now too.

On French, I watched one SL game this year and French was in it. He was absolute sh*t. Reminded me of his sh*t days at Parra.

hindy111

Post Whore
We will be needing a centre now too.

On French, I watched one SL game this year and French was in it. He was absolute sh*t. Reminded me of his sh*t days at Parra.

I am happy MJ is done. He is 33 and 34 next year. Without his potential boost he has alleged to take who knows how bad he will be.

Joely01

Bench

Umm it’s talking about him going to Centre, not the halves...
Centre he will have less ball, not as potent in attack

Glenneel

Bench
Just for curiosity's sake Ill be a keen observer of how George progresses at the Storm. He has been considered little more than a fill in by our coaching staff and hasnt progressed his form much at all. I guess we will find our if he has another level under Bellamy. Good luck George.
If he really improves over his current form will point to how shit our coaches really are.

How good was Addo-Carr. Not only brilliant in attack but also in defence using his speed to stop potential tries. Sign him up now!!!

Glenneel

Bench
I'd be okay with moving Gutho to centre - but only for a very good fullback. Bevan has the speed but little else. No thanks.
French has skills coming out his arse, maybe now he utilises them better and has matured into a better player. From what I've heard he plays 5/8 now so can play there and could help with fb if plays there.

Delboy

First Grade
Stop the leaks!
Don’t think there were leaks from the club at all, if you had attended the Meetings related to constitutional changes then the people behind this move were transparent.

They are backed by an ex board member and undoubtably would have approached media hacks like Bulldog Ritchie with the story they are an influential group. They are a small factional group that don’t like the fact the club has taken the more professional direction of the board we are seeing , and they they supported the voting down of postal ballot.

emjaycee

Coach
Gutherson to the halves. Dylan Brown could play centre or fullback.
1. French
2. Sivo
3. Drown
4. Blake
5. Fergo
6. Gutho
7. Moses

As long as French can use a step and some pace and is prepared to take a heavy hit at times, there is no reason he can't be as good a fullback as Gutho. In fact his better speed may see him able to make more breaks when backing up in the middle and better cover some of the tries we have conceded when Gutho simply hasn't got there in time.

Gutho would be fine as a replacement for Drown at 6 as their kicking games are probably on par and with more of a roaming (left and right side) commission as a 6 he would be as effective as Cody Walker has been the backend of this season. His energy alone would ensure that.

Drown has the speed and the defense to play in the centres, and it would be a great way to further develop his ball skills until Moses leaves and he moves into the 7 jersey.

I know people will claim Gutho has made the number 1 his own (and he has), but I reckon the overall backline is strengthened with more speed and the overall team is not weakened (given we have to find a replacement centre anyway).

emjaycee

Coach
theres plenty of upside to this as I’m not sold on brown at 5/8. The only possible downside is how much is brown on. If he’s on spine money, then it’s too much for a centre. Would he also move there, and potentially cost himself $$$?
I don't think its like the Public Service where you can only get paid a certain amount based on the job you have. Somehow I don't think Inglis had a salary cut when moved to centre.

Latest posts