What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
I'd still take a fit Hayne and play him at centre and pay him $300K. This rumour will intensify after his court case assuming he is found not guilty.

Noise

Coach
I'd still take a fit Hayne and play him at centre and pay him $300K. This rumour will intensify after his court case assuming he is found not guilty.

The last few weeks he has been much more active on social media and posting on parra related stuff.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Could Fergo replace Mennings, opening a wing spot for French, (less desirable), or JAC (ideal)? And before anyone tells me that's ridiculous, if we are talking about Hayne, then anything goes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gutho is awesome but I don’t think he is good enough to play two spine positions at once when we have the ball.
There's no rule stating you need to have a dummy half and three playmakers in the spine, especially when you have playmaking middle forwards.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The only problem I have with moving Gutho to halves is it means dumping Drown or Moses (or moving one to fullback when Gutho is the best fullback of the 3) but I think Drown has more half ability than Gutho, while dumping Moses would hurt our kicking game
Drown could play centre until Moses' contract is up. Meanwhile he and Gutherson work on their kicking games so that they're ready to go when Moses is gone.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If he really improves over his current form will point to how shit our coaches really are.
A player's form is largely down to the opportunities his team provides. Especially for a winger, in a shit team he will spend a lot more time getting burnt by overlaps and rucking the ball off his tryline. In a good team he will see a lot more open space. For deadshits watching from the stands it will look like his form is better in the strong team.

hindy111

Post Whore
Last time Bevan was here in 2018 and on wing the balance was out. We had powder puffs in front row. Mannah,Alvaro,Tepai all starting. You had Vave,Terepo,Taka on bench. Beau Scott who was rubbish in 18. And Matagi who was hit and miss. Oh and Evan who was garbage also. It was an atrocious pack.
The other wing spot was Hoffman or George Jennings who neither are great bulldozers....

Now we have Jnr,Lane,Niakuore,Matterson,Rcg,Kafusi,Ferguson. Plenty of go forward there and power. Bevan would come for his speed and we can use this skill in other ways. Like Souths do with Alex Johnston.
Now we also do have an option to slot him into fullback if Gutherson was injured. And also Guth could spend 10mins at hooker if need be and Bevan to Fullback. Matterson shifts to centre and Blake to wing. Means we prob do not need Stone on bench.

hindy111

Post Whore

At 200k maybe. I just think time to move on from him completely.
I'd go for Mbye for centre.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
1. French
2. Sivo
3. Drown
4. Blake
5. Fergo
6. Gutho
7. Moses

As long as French can use a step and some pace and is prepared to take a heavy hit at times, there is no reason he can't be as good a fullback as Gutho. In fact his better speed may see him able to make more breaks when backing up in the middle and better cover some of the tries we have conceded when Gutho simply hasn't got there in time.

Gutho would be fine as a replacement for Drown at 6 as their kicking games are probably on par and with more of a roaming (left and right side) commission as a 6 he would be as effective as Cody Walker has been the backend of this season. His energy alone would ensure that.

Drown has the speed and the defense to play in the centres, and it would be a great way to further develop his ball skills until Moses leaves and he moves into the 7 jersey.

I know people will claim Gutho has made the number 1 his own (and he has), but I reckon the overall backline is strengthened with more speed and the overall team is not weakened (given we have to find a replacement centre anyway).
In that team I would put Gutherson at first receiver with French and Moses split on either side of the field.

SneakyEel

Juniors
Could Fergo replace Mennings, opening a wing spot for French, (less desirable), or JAC (ideal)? And before anyone tells me that's ridiculous, if we are talking about Hayne, then anything goes.
I was thinking about moving fergo into the centre as well. If fergo trains in the centre role in the off season I think he'd do well. His a big body, can tackle if he makes the right read (which he has time to work on) and he'll get a hell of a lot more ball.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he's still supporting the Eels which is a good sign so if he does play again it seems he will favour a return to Parra