What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T-Boon

Coach
Yep, as long as you've got enough playmakers does it really matter what jersey there wearing? I don't see any difference between this:

1. Playmaker
6. Playmaker
7. Playmaker
9. Dummy half
10. Tank

and this:

1. Dummy half
6. Playmaker
7. Playmaker
10. Playmaker
16. Tank (this is a bench forward while the 9 is having a rest)

It's the same number of playmakers, and just involves the 1 and the 10 changing roles. This also gives the opposition a different shape to deal with mid-game. This is how you use a player's versatility to benefit your team.

But obviously if you lose you can blame this instead of whatever the real reason was, such as playing against a better team. "rEmEmBeR wHaT hApPeNnEd LaSt TiMe!!!"

Like the time Kenny Edwards started at 9 and the defending premiers put 50 on us. It was definitely the dummy half who was responsible for missing all those tackles.

Exactly. I think the dummy half should defend at fullback. Just have them practice dummy half skills and fielding kicks. They shouldn't waste time practicing wrestling.
That is why fullback has been the position with the best players during the wrestling era, they don't have to participate in wrestling drills all week so they can practice actual skills that pay the bills (or so I think).

Soto

Bench
Would he come from Terrigal for minimum salary?
Papaliia was quite impressive for the Warriors this year. Would be a handy signing. Has some mongrel in him. Can and has played both back row and middle.
Freddy Lussick has slick service but not sure what else he brings...has only played a handful of 1st grade games but has performed admirably

lingard

Coach
Our best player is Gutherson. Wtf would you want to move him for?

For teddy,Turbo,Ponga or Rts you would.

For Bevan French? Fmd......

We need an edge forward and halves to improve. Better options on bench.

That is all thanks. We are not far away. People are making out we come last.

Don't you think we need a centre? Or two?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly. I think the dummy half should defend at fullback. Just have them practice dummy half skills and fielding kicks. They shouldn't waste time practicing wrestling.
That is why fullback has been the position with the best players during the wrestling era, they don't have to participate in wrestling drills all week so they can practice actual skills that pay the bills (or so I think).
It's certainly a position where you can hide a weak defender. But there is so much else required from a fullback in defence. He requires a lot more than just attacking skills.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We are about to sign a young forward from the Warriors with about 60 games of NRL experience and a back up hooker from the Roosters.

The Flanagan assistant rumours are crap and the unsung hero of our 2020 season, Trent Elkin has re-signed for a further 2 years.
Joey Lussick??? He goes good.

lingard

Coach
1. French
2. Sivo
3. Drown
4. Blake
5. Fergo
6. Gutho
7. Moses

As long as French can use a step and some pace and is prepared to take a heavy hit at times, there is no reason he can't be as good a fullback as Gutho. In fact his better speed may see him able to make more breaks when backing up in the middle and better cover some of the tries we have conceded when Gutho simply hasn't got there in time.

Gutho would be fine as a replacement for Drown at 6 as their kicking games are probably on par and with more of a roaming (left and right side) commission as a 6 he would be as effective as Cody Walker has been the backend of this season. His energy alone would ensure that.

Drown has the speed and the defense to play in the centres, and it would be a great way to further develop his ball skills until Moses leaves and he moves into the 7 jersey.

I know people will claim Gutho has made the number 1 his own (and he has), but I reckon the overall backline is strengthened with more speed and the overall team is not weakened (given we have to find a replacement centre anyway).

I've got two questions. Three questions. 1. What makes people think that Dylan Brown would be a good centre or want to play there? (I bet he bloody wouldn't want to play there!) 2. What makes anyone think that Waqa Blake is ever going to be a decent first grade centre? 3. If we are considering moving Gutho to five-eight, why don't we really try to make a success of it all by throwing money at Ado-Carr for fullback? He will make a GREAT fullback.