What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PF2 Panthers vs Rabbits

BxTom

Bench
Yeah the boys. So happy after nearly having a heart attack.

What's up with Naden? Seems weird to do that with him.
I saw him at the end all suited up, so I'm wondering if it was either too tight or he got a late injury (warm up)?

Edit: He may have had symptoms of whatever Leniu (spelling?) had?

We were one of Naden's defensive reads away from losing this game. Cleary bet way too deep on Naden but thank f**k he knows how to course correct.

Was May really that much better? I’ll have to watch a replay, but it looked like he made some bad reads as well.

chrisD

Coach
Next week selections are going to be very interesting.

Naden can not be trust at centre, therefor May becomes centre. With May at centre we now lose the total injury cover he provides. Naden provides injury cover to backs, Kenny everywhere else. With Kiks coming back we can't carry both of them on the bench... or can we and drop Capewell after his shocker? Or is Capewell on the bench injury cover for the backs in the sense he could play centre and we can shift the backline?

I guess Spencer won't get a look in.

Munky

Coach
Next week selections are going to be very interesting.

Naden can not be trust at centre, therefor May becomes centre. With May at centre we now lose the total injury cover he provides. Naden provides injury cover to backs, Kenny everywhere else. With Kiks coming back we can't carry both of them on the bench... or can we and drop Capewell after his shocker? Or is Capewell on the bench injury cover for the backs in the sense he could play centre and we can shift the backline?

I guess Spencer won't get a look in.

Naden in, May and Spencer on the bench.

Yank Naden for May if Olam is murdering him.

I feel we need Nadens speed.

age.s

First Grade
The Naden thing is weird. I think the plan was to leave him out of the 17, but Spencer getting ill forced Ivan to pick him. Kenny certainly provides more off the bench than Naden does.

Could have been an injury/illness the club wanted to keep quiet. Could have been an off field/training incident. It would be very strange to drop him outright though. If it was for Whare I could almost understand, but putting May there weakens both centre and 14. It's Elliott level stuff minus the Purts boner. Just not something you do to a settled side thats put on one of the most dominant seasons in Australian League history.

franklin2323

Immortal
The same place as Naden.

If he doesn't start then he doesn't play bench. May/Capewell cover centre.

If we start May again then its almost pointless playing Naden when you have a gun like Staines ready to go.

Capewell can handle centre if needed.

franklin2323

Immortal
The Naden thing is weird. I think the plan was to leave him out of the 17, but Spencer getting ill forced Ivan to pick him. Kenny certainly provides more off the bench than Naden does.

Could have been an injury/illness the club wanted to keep quiet. Could have been an off field/training incident. It would be very strange to drop him outright though. If it was for Whare I could almost understand, but putting May there weakens both centre and 14. It's Elliott level stuff minus the Purts boner. Just not something you do to a settled side thats put on one of the most dominant seasons in Australian League history.

Did we settle though? When To'o was out Naden was wing. May played plenty of centre in that time

kinghippo

Juniors
Ivan said he was mulling over it for a while.

Naden needs to get better defensively that is it really
I can’t get on board with this one, we have had the best defence in the league all year.

The decision probably has to stay now though because one thing that Ivan has probably done is make Naden doubt himself.

May is the perfect bench utility, obviously Cleary wants him on the field more but surely you would wait for the off season to do it in this situation.

Latest posts