What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
I don't think there's anyone who would do better in the halves than Gutherson either. In fact it might be his best position.

And you say that with no evidence. But the the coach, who you always say knows better, chose him to play fullback, which I have to say is one of the best decisions he has ever made as coach, especially after dicking him around so much initially and playing him all over the place, he realized that fullback was the go.

And Gutho responded and has flourished ever since. So now you want to stuff all that up. Great idea.

Do u agree we have been so bereft of success over the decades that some are still just content with making the semis? There lots on here that shout people down who are not content making just semis anymore, but wanting a premiership, u don’t need me telling you this bud, as u are one of the main stayers on here.

Parra just making the semis should no longer be considered a success, I have heard premiership window multiple times, so how long is ours open for????

So bt punctuation, couldn’t be bothered but u get the jist

Mate, I understand where you're coming from, and I feel similarly frustrated (particularly soon after losing a semi-final). As I said above, where we differ is our opinion (and that's all it is...an opinion) regarding the way forward. Preferring us to stick with the current coach in the absence of an obviously better option doesn't mean that I'm happy or content. If Bellamy, for example, was keen to move to the West of Sydney, I'd let BA's tyres down so he was late for practice. It's a lot easier to improve from 3rd/4th to 1st than it to go from three seasons outside the 8 to 1st.

Delboy

First Grade
Everyone is entitled to be ticked off if the club doesn’t win the big prize, but have a look at what has been achieved in a relatively short few years. After the debacle of the old board and their cohorts, it took so many meetings and votes to finally get change given the people who are now festering in the background opposing change even down to postal ballots.

It’s fair to say after 2018 the coach saw the deficiencies and went out and got the players to start the improvement, signing Fergo, Junior, Lane and Sivo to get some size into the team. A good finish then we managed to get Waqa and RCG which pushed us Into the top4 after finishing last in 2018. That’s a rapid improvement and one that should be acknowledged not complain3d about. Yes , there should be a further push now to get the holy grail, but fmd no one is satisfied per se, it we need to understand it’s a process which is ongoing.

Support the club otherwise we end up like the Tigers or Bulldogs as before, how is that for a thought.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
U can make the top 4 every year, means nothing if u go straight out
Going out in straight sets means f**k all as well. It just happened to the Roosters. It can happen to any team. We got a lot closer to Melbourne than the Raiders did. Against Souths we lost nearly half our backline in the space of a week. In 2017 we lost to Melbourne (again) and the Cowboys. The only team to beat NQ in that finals series was the Storm, and they won all three finals matches.

There's no shame in losing to a stronger team. Against an evenly matched team you're going to lose about half the time. The one time we played a weaker team in the finals we won 58-0.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do u agree we have been so bereft of success over the decades that some are still just content with making the semis? There lots on here that shout people down who are not content making just semis anymore, but wanting a premiership
We all want to win a premiership. Just some of us are aware that sacking people isn't a magical instant win button. It may in fact make us worse.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And you say that with no evidence.
My evidence is his performance on the field. Where the f**k do you think I get my opinions from? hindyeleven's mate Mik?
But the the coach, who you always say knows better, chose him to play fullback, which I have to say is one of the best decisions he has ever made as coach, especially after dicking him around so much initially and playing him all over the place, he realized that fullback was the go.

And Gutho responded and has flourished ever since. So now you want to stuff all that up. Great idea.
I reckon Gutherson can do most of his good stuff in the halves while also allowing Drown to play centre and making space to bring in a fullback. It's an option, nothing more. We could also find a decent centre to replace Mennings. Either way works IMO. I'm just pointing out why moving Gutherson from fullback, if it happens, doesn't mean Brad Arthur's is stupider than deadshits like yourself.

Last edited:

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
Everyone is entitled to be ticked off if the club doesn’t win the big prize, but have a look at what has been achieved in a relatively short few years. After the debacle of the old board and their cohorts, it took so many meetings and votes to finally get change given the people who are now festering in the background opposing change even down to postal ballots.

It’s fair to say after 2018 the coach saw the deficiencies and went out and got the players to start the improvement, signing Fergo, Junior, Lane and Sivo to get some size into the team. A good finish then we managed to get Waqa and RCG which pushed us Into the top4 after finishing last in 2018. That’s a rapid improvement and one that should be acknowledged not complain3d about. Yes , there should be a further push now to get the holy grail, but fmd no one is satisfied per se, it we need to understand it’s a process which is ongoing.

Support the club otherwise we end up like the Tigers or Bulldogs as before, how is that for a thought.

I do acknowledge that Brad has made some large strides and means well, I’m just concerned he has gone as far as his ability has allowed him, I just don’t want to go back to those dark days again. (Factions in the boardroom )

Avenger

Immortal
U can make the top 4 every year, means nothing if u go straight out, thus our own worst enemy and continued speculation until we we win a comp let alone a semi....I’m sick of people being content just making the semis, sure as shit, the likes of Storm and Roosters would not be putting up with those results, that is the difference between mediocre and class!
Give me top 4 every year with a reasonable shot at playing in the big one than a few years back when we knew our season was over by July.

Yes we bowed out early but this year was an enjoyable season for me and nobody gets angrier with losing more than I.

Suitman

Post Whore
My issue with this whole situation is that we are PARRAMATTA.
We have the potential to be the biggest club in Sydney by a long way. And we should be!!! The largest supporter base by far without doubt. We should be a bigger club than the Broncos. We have the best RL stadium in the NRL, for NRL, and it could be almost filled every week. So much potential as a club, yet, we have frittered it away for 34 years, due to mismanagement.
Fans are just aching for success. It's so disappointing that Covid got in the way this season as we would have had massive crowds to so many games this season and probably had the highest average of all teams.
When life gets back to normal, we need to make sure we are on the ball and make the most of our situation and opportunity.
Next season is make or break. Again.

Soto

Bench
My issue with this whole situation is that we are PARRAMATTA.
We have the potential to be the biggest club in Sydney by a long way. And we should be!!! The largest supporter base by far without doubt. We should be a bigger club than the Broncos. We have the best RL stadium in the NRL, for NRL, and it could be almost filled every week. So much potential as a club, yet, we have frittered it away for 34 years, due to mismanagement.
Fans are just aching for success. It's so disappointing that Covid got in the way this season as we would have had massive crowds to so many games this season and probably had the highest average of all teams.
When life gets back to normal, we need to make sure we are on the ball and make the most of our situation and opportunity.
Next season is make or break. Again.
Great post and we need stop talking about how Roosters or Storm have gone out in straight sets etc in recent years. They have won comps. We haven't. When they haven't they have acted quickly to rectify what went wrong.
Look at Storm with Croft and Flanagan with the Roosters. Not good enough and see ya.
If we had won a comp in recent times and we were regularly finishing in the top 4 i would cop that...this club needs a premiership...near enough is not good enough..

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Some really good posts here. I think the fact that we are talking about how to make the leap to genuine premiership contenders, rather than into the top eight from the bottom half, is good signs. We can't go backwards now. As del says, I would rather be us than Bulldogs, Tigers or even Sharks and St George atm. It's also why we are all pretty salty at Penrith imo. We are jealous. That should be us.

Avenger

Immortal
Some really good posts here. I think the fact that we are talking about how to make the leap to genuine premiership contenders, rather than into the top eight from the bottom half, is good signs. We can't go backwards now. As del says, I would rather be us than Bulldogs, Tigers or even Sharks and St George atm. It's also why we are all pretty salty at Penrith imo. We are jealous. That should be us.
Which is why the toughest call of them all should be made when BA’s tenure expires. We need to get the right coach who has won a comp. We are too big to experiment with another rookie.

Soto

Bench
Which is why the toughest call of them all should be made when BA’s tenure expires. We need to get the right coach who has won a comp. We are too big to experiment with another rookie.
I sincerely hope BA is the coach if/when we win a comp. He has put his heart and soul into this club. Just don't know if he can do it. I will proudly support the club regardless who is the coach but i want premiership success

Gazzamatta

Coach
I think what gets to fans is how well we started this season only to see it drift away. Yes we won a lot of games but as the season progressed the vitriol from media etc hammered us with truths we didnt want to hear and lo and behold we tripped after we had done the hard work by squeezing ourselves into 3rd place. They were right but we probably knew it all along.
With our decline lays negative thoughts for the future. We all want to win but this bloody team has a habit of leaving us dissapointed and when the thought surrounds that nothing will change except for the reloading of some bit players, the recipe for same reappears.
The club needs change. Look at the significant change to fitness Elkin established. Team fitness had been a huge problem for years and after many failed attempts it now looks comparable with other sides.
Our defensive structures need a similar overhaul as does our attack. Are we adopting a similar attitude to work towards improving these areas or do we just need more effort?
We dont need roadblocks to change. Change dosent need to be massive but it is a vital resource in any successful business. If you're not moving forward you're going backwards.
Roll on 2021. Cant wait.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
I think what gets to fans is how well we started this season only to see it drift away. Yes we won a lot of games but as the season progressed the vitriol from media etc hammered us with truths we didnt want to hear and lo and behold we tripped after we had done the hard work by squeezing ourselves into 3rd place. They were right but we probably knew it all along.
With our decline lays negative thoughts for the future. We all want to win but this bloody team has a habit of leaving us dissapointed and when the thought surrounds that nothing will change except for the reloading of some bit players, the recipe for same reappears.
The club needs change. Look at the significant change to fitness Elkin established. Team fitness had been a huge problem for years and after many failed attempts it now looks comparable with other sides.
Our defensive structures need a similar overhaul as does our attack. Are we adopting a similar attitude to work towards improving these areas or do we just need more effort?
We dont need roadblocks to change. Change dosent need to be massive but it is a vital resource in any successful business. If you're not moving forward you're going backwards.
Roll on 2021. Cant wait.

Souths game was a perfect example, I was there, and honestly thought that this time we would prevail, and honestly didn’t see a 30 point second half flogging coming our way considering the importance of that match and playing at home, in saying that the coach started second half with our best 3 forwards on the bench, how dopey was that?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Great post and we need stop talking about how Roosters or Storm have gone out in straight sets etc in recent years. They have won comps. We haven't. When they haven't they have acted quickly to rectify what went wrong.
Look at Storm with Croft and Flanagan with the Roosters. Not good enough and see ya.
If we had won a comp in recent times and we were regularly finishing in the top 4 i would cop that...this club needs a premiership...near enough is not good enough..
Our squad changes every year as well, and by a lot more than the Roosters or Storm.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cleary at Penrith proves it doesn't really matter who the coach is. They've sacked him before and then brought him back when they needed to re-sign his son. He has only beaten Arthur four times in 12 attempts. Is he really capable of winning a premiership? Before this year all these dopes would've said no way.

And if they lose is it Cleary's fault? They are $2.15 underdogs. Might it just be bad luck that they were up against a better team?

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It just means we overachieved in the first half of the year. Is that Arthur's fault? If we hadn't we might've only gotten to play one finals match. That's less valuable to our inexperienced team than the two losses they went through.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Souths game was a perfect example, I was there, and honestly thought that this time we would prevail, and honestly didn’t see a 30 point second half flogging coming our way considering the importance of that match and playing at home, in saying that the coach started second half with our best 3 forwards on the bench, how dopey was that?
We started every second half with our three best middle forwards on the bench. That's how you get them enough rest for their second stint. If you put them back on too soon they could run out of puff late in the game when you're out of interchanges.

Latest posts