What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 26-20 Panthers @ ANZ

Grand Final: Panthers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

some11

Referee
The entire rugby league world is with Penrith. The classic good v evil story. A real footy club versus the artifical creation of News ltd. Wonderful creative exciting flowing footy versus the masters of the dark arts and chicken wings.

Nevermind getting an expensive psychiatrist to diagnose psychopathy. Any neutral supporting the Storm is a textbook definition of one.
The first sensible post you've made in years.

If the storm win it will be worse than watching Fred Durst try to play guitar.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Penrith will need to be way better than last night. That was a frightening drop in form for their fans, particularly from the halves.

The win came off the back of their defence, which was quite spectacular. I'd love to see the stats on the post contact metres when tackling, it seems Souths went back three metres on every tackle. Amazing fitness and willingness for work from the Panthers. Souths created a lot of chances for themselves but the edge defenders from Penrith always had the answers. Souths just did not have enough speed to trouble them.

But ball in hand was a different story. Cleary seemed less creative than usual and Luai was unseen in the second half. Fortunately for them, Cleary's kicking game was superb and this was enought to maintain their lead throughout the game.

But there was enough evidence to prove that Penrith are still suspect in the big game atmosphere. Melbourne will throw way more at them than they have ever experienced, and it is a safe bet that the Storm are premiers Sunday night.

industria ditat

Juniors
It's a real 50:50 call. Penrith were off the pace against Souths but they survived - they certainly won't get away with it against Melbourne. On the other hand if they return to top form, they are one of the few teams that can take down a full strength Storm. I'm going for a 1 point victory for …… somebody.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Here it is, the big dance, the last waltz of 2 teams with a history as long as Jeff Stryker's schlong.

The one we've all been waiting for.

Smug v Arrogance, what a humdinger.

Haynetrain - how bald is this lesbian?

2 weeks, what about this bloke, what overused gif will he use first?

Big hiney, how drunk is this bloke? You're kidding me big hiney.

Blue bags, what a young star, how weird is he?

The big dance, should be a humdinger.

And you can see it all on fox, on replay because we don't have the rights.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Here it is, the big dance, the last waltz of 2 teams with a history as long as Jeff Stryker's schlong.

The one we've all been waiting for.

Smug v Arrogance, what a humdinger.

Haynetrain - how bald is this lesbian?

2 weeks, what about this bloke, what overused gif will he use first?

Big hiney, how drunk is this bloke? You're kidding me big hiney.

Blue bags, what a young star, how weird is he?

The big dance, should be a humdinger.

And you can see it all on fox, on replay because we don't have the rights.
9/10

AG>>>>>>>> Baldtrain>>>>>>>>>> Bea Arthur’s tactics>>>>>>>>>>> Mary’s coaching prospects>>>>>>>>>> A Matty Nable promo.

betcats

Referee
Penrith will need to be way better than last night. That was a frightening drop in form for their fans, particularly from the halves.

The win came off the back of their defence, which was quite spectacular. I'd love to see the stats on the post contact metres when tackling, it seems Souths went back three metres on every tackle. Amazing fitness and willingness for work from the Panthers. Souths created a lot of chances for themselves but the edge defenders from Penrith always had the answers. Souths just did not have enough speed to trouble them.

But ball in hand was a different story. Cleary seemed less creative than usual and Luai was unseen in the second half. Fortunately for them, Cleary's kicking game was superb and this was enought to maintain their lead throughout the game.

But there was enough evidence to prove that Penrith are still suspect in the big game atmosphere. Melbourne will throw way more at them than they have ever experienced, and it is a safe bet that the Storm are premiers Sunday night.

I thought our halves were great. Luai had an unreal linebreak assist in the first half to go along with his linebreak and he put Crichton away through a hole with some beautiful ball playing again In the second half. He also had a couple of try saving tackles in the second half.

The drop in form was there but it was across the whole side in regards to ball handling and converting chances. We still created many chances and line breaks we just couldn’t find or stick the last pass when we did, and we dropped to much ball in general play. To me it was nerves or just excitement, we were not patient with the ball and looked to score every other play, but the fact we kept creating chances and defended well gives me some confidence. Hopefully after two games in a row of a big drop in our completion rates we can get 85 percent or higher in the GF, if we do that we should win, if not the storm will do us.

Penrith will need to really turn it up for next week. They were off the boil for their standards against Souths. Melbourne are a lot more polished than Souths and will make them pay for errors in their own half.

They are two very good sides though, and as such anything can happen on the day. I'd say Melbourne are favourites though purely on big game experience and the difference between the two teams in their respective prelim finals.

StormFred

Juniors
Penrith did beat Melbourne earlier in the season, but this covers up the fact that Melbourne has had a dominant run against them overall. Melbourne has a habit of learning from their early season mistakes. I can see Penrith making some crucial errors at various points of the game, allowing Melbourne to score. Prediction Melbourne 20 Penrith 10.

mxlegend99

Referee
Stage is sadly set for Cam Smith to retire with a premiership and CCM.

Panthers struggled against Roosters and Souths. Although that could possibly help them. Roosters and Souths kept them honest for 80 minutes and Panthers weren't able to cruise away with a victory.

Against Souths with 45% possession Panthers managed:
More run metres
More post contact metres
More linebreaks
Less missed tackles

So they essentially won the game for their work without the ball which is going to help against Storm.

Based on Panthers season sofar. Win or lose they shouldn't ever be out of the game. Only one loss all season. By 6 points after dominating most of the game.

Apey

Staff member
Can smith has never won a Clive Churchill medal.

Good luck to any other player from either side wrestling that away from him on Sunday
He's got the JT CCM wrapped up if Storm are still in it by the 60th minute.

Latest posts