What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Crowd Watch

Dark Corner

Juniors
They always fill the seats somehow. Just like Storm v Roosters in 2018 and vs Cowboys in 2017.

They could potentially be selling more than 40k considering people with freebies won’t turn up in the rain
There something wrong wit a sport that got to give out freebies for its grand final.

You think those from Qld don't come? What about those from regional areas that come and stay the night when it has a public holiday the next day?
Then those who won't go in big crowds with Covid.

Fact is there are plenty of reasons why people aren't going to games this year
theyre pretty much all the other 40K ,
Its not good enough that this game hasn't sold out very , very quickly let alone not at all. How can this not be massive for Penrith & the area, 17 years since their last , who knows how long til their next?

franklin2323

Immortal
theyre pretty much all the other 40K ,
Its not good enough that this game hasn't sold out very , very quickly let alone not at all. How can this not be massive for Penrith & the area, 17 years since their last , who knows how long til their next?

Easy to say this behind a keyboard. So I take it you are going to the game?

this will be the first one at ANZ I will miss , because I mistakenly thought itd be too hard to get tickets in a 40K capacity & I should give my seat up for the fans of the clubs in it.

LOL

Tommy Smith

Referee
This was always going to be a super tough sell.

The Storm, whose fans can't even make it to Sydney, vs the local team with by far the worst travelling fan base in NSW.

I'ts been a great effort just to hit 40k tbh.

t-ba

Post Whore
There is still a plague ongoing guys.

I haven't missed a Grand Final if I have been living in Australia for nearly 2 decades (2004 I think was the last?) And I will be f**ked if I am going to get packed in like a sardine to get to Homebush.

Also, plenty of people probably reckon not spending a few hundy on tickets right now might be prudent what with the upcoming jobpocalypse.

franklin2323

Immortal
This was always going to be a super tough sell.

The Storm, whose fans can't even make it to Sydney, vs the local team with by far the worst travelling fan base in NSW.

I'ts been a great effort just to hit 40k tbh.

We travel well enough just have a small fanbase. Especially when a lot of those fans we have West of the Blue Mountains have work the next day.

Why would neutrals pay $180 to come when in 2 weeks they can come to Origin

franklin2323

Immortal
There is still a plague ongoing guys.

I haven't missed a Grand Final if I have been living in Australia for nearly 2 decades (2004 I think was the last?) And I will be f**ked if I am going to get packed in like a sardine to get to Homebush.

Also, plenty of people probably reckon not spending a few hundy on tickets right now might be prudent what with the upcoming jobpocalypse.

All valid points. Those that expected it to be an easy sell are crazy.

30k will still look good on TV and on a World scale to finish the season with such a crowd is a huge achievement

franklin2323

Immortal
nothing less then every seat available taken will be a fail
no amount of but but butting will hide this.

Yet you aren't going..

How many people attended the EPL or the NFL on the weekend? Anything NRL get is better than bigger sports in the world.. people need to get persective

Suitman

Post Whore
Sunday 25 October
Summary
showers.png

Min 13
Max 17
Showers. Windy.
Possible rainfall: 10 to 25 mm
Chance of any rain: 90%
rain_90.gif

Sydney area
Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the early morning. Winds southerly 35

I guessing about 35000. Weather will be a major deterrent.