What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 State of Origin - Game 1

84 Baby

Referee
What’s your excuse for that over rated pass and kick 7, absolutely transparent last night and no criticism from Gus and may I say Hindy. Missed goal kicks which could be the only reason he’s in the side as offers next to nothing in creative general play. Can tackle , given all his faults I prefer Moses as at least he can attack , Cleary is a myth.
DCE, not a noted goal kicker, which was even pointed out by Gus last night, hit 2 from the sideline in almost identical position that Chinry missed 2

hindy111

Post Whore
On Gould he reminds me of Donald Trump tbh.l with his ego. He at times is a full blown wanker. He handed out 5yr contracts to everyone including Whare after 2 knee Recos...
I reckon he is smart and knows how to set up juniors base. But he makes mistakes and blames others which as an adult I find very f**king childish.

hindy111

Post Whore
There’s a big difference between cap restricted regular season selections to virtually unlimited selection of the best 34 players in almost the world.

Reality is these guys are usually on holidays early October.
This year they've been in some god dam bubble for 10mths. They are not Robots. And they have been asked to play till end of November. Talk about a raw deal. I take my hats off too them. I doubt people understand the sacrifices these guys are making

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What he said was correct though. Guth was beaten by Capewell who was busted.
Every player in the game misses a tackle here and there, especially when isolated. Gutherson missed one tackle, in a one-on-one situation, from about 34 attempts. He was pushed off by a bigger forward. If Capewell was busted he wouldn't have played. In fact later on when his injury affected him he was removed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tupou was lazy as fk when Gagai beat Wighton.
Tupou is jogging and then decides to chase Coates..too little too late..then throws a dumbarse pass which Munster scoops up and scores...2 bad plays which directly led to tries
It was a dumb pass but we were chasing points and Munster still had plenty of work to do to score. As for being lazy on the chase, Tupou did heaps of work in that game. He made 26 runs, allowing JAC to bludge on his wing.

84 Baby

Referee
Reality is these guys are usually on holidays early October.
This year they've been in some god dam bubble for 10mths. They are not Robots. And they have been asked to play till end of November. Talk about a raw deal. I take my hats off too them. I doubt people understand the sacrifices these guys are making
Firstly the players in these games are being handsomely compensated. They were stuck in the bubble for the season in order to earn their regular pay. If you consider their “ordeal” a sacrifice, you need to check your definition.
Secondly these are “one-off” games with very broad selection criteria. If a player doesn’t perform, their spot is rightly at risk. Sure there’ll be consideration for possibility of return to form but rep teams aren’t beholden to the same contracts as clubs.

IFR33K

Coach
What’s your excuse for that over rated pass and kick 7, absolutely transparent last night and no criticism from Gus and may I say Hindy. Missed goal kicks which could be the only reason he’s in the side as offers next to nothing in creative general play. Can tackle , given all his faults I prefer Moses as at least he can attack , Cleary is a myth.

Pretty harsh assessment there.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Apart from one run Jnr looked pretty ineffective in his second stint. I kept checking if he was still on the field and eventually he wasnt. I agree he was used poorly.
The NSW second half was reminiscent of many ive seen this year watching my beloved Eels.

Delboy

First Grade
Pretty harsh assessment there.
Not harsh at all, Gus has been talking him up since he signed him and most of the media fell into line so as not to upset Beestinghead. How he’s a rep player is surprising, as going back I don’t think he’s even as good Brett Kimmorley.

Each to our own, don’t rate him as basically he’s a dud in attack

IFR33K

Coach
Not harsh at all, Gus has been talking him up since he signed him and most of the media fell into line so as not to upset Beestinghead. How he’s a rep player is surprising, as going back I don’t think he’s even as good Brett Kimmorley.

Come on Delboy, you’re smarter then that. The kid is 22 and just came off a great season, yet you’re comparing him to a former premiership winning, origin and Australian halfback, that played 300 games??!!! No one is saying he’s the greatest half around, but he’s a well composed half, that defends well and kicks goals. He had a far better season than our half.

The way you’re reacting somebody would think he’s just completed his 7th season and been partly responsible for a straight sets exit... oh wait.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Yep spot on.

After 6 Origin games

0 tries
0 try assists
0 line breaks
0 line break assists

Gutho has him covered in one game from centre, he’s the new age Brett Funch with a bigger chin and better Teef.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Come on Delboy, you’re smarter then that. The kid is 22 and just came off a great season, yet you’re comparing him to a former premiership winning, origin and Australian halfback, that played 300 games??!!! No one is saying he’s the greatest half around, but he’s a well composed half, that defends well and kicks goals. He had a far better season than our half.

The way you’re reacting somebody would think he’s just completed his 7th season and been partly responsible for a straight sets exit... oh wait.
He’s played 6 Origin games and provided SFA in attack, the other night his kicking game was woeful and even his goal kicking let the team down. He’s an overrated plodder, Luai and API provided all the spark for the Riff all year and he took all the credit.

IFR33K

Coach
He’s played 6 Origin games and provided SFA in attack, the other night his kicking game was woeful and even his goal kicking let the team down. He’s an overrated plodder, Luai and API provided all the spark for the Riff all year and he took all the credit.

He’s one of the best young half’s in the game. Who’s overrated him? Not sure anyone here has said he’ll be an immortal. The majority of NSW key players were poor on Wednesday. I think you’re showing too much attention to the chin, and your dislike of him is showing.

Latest posts