What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugaB

Coach
Still six years ago, please im sure there are heaps of players that get massive offers to go elsewhere, hell even gus said he should go... still i love the sauce but staying in reserve grade would repay the club ten fold by helping the rookies build, than just clock in/out as a winger, like mentioned before there are others behind him that deserve a shot, no one said he was going to stay there permanently, and if he wanted t stay a panther this probably would have been his best shot to do so

mxlegend99

Referee
I would say the club more than repaid Josh Mansour back in staying for unders by giving him a 3 year $500k a season extension after his ACL injury and busting his face open.

He certainly hasn't been a $500k a season winger since his ACL injury. I would say it pretty much evens out. Maybe he's not quiet on the $500k the media is reporting. But giving him 3 years at whatever he's on after those injuries was us showing him the love he showed us.

He was loyal to us. But we have been pretty loyal back to him and I would say being honest about where he sits in the pecking order and giving him plenty of time to decide what he wants to do is us again trying to do right by him.

We can't just blindly pick him as long as he wants to stay at the expense of the next generation of players.

MugaB

Coach
Your comment when I suggested he stayed on for less when offered a deal was "went for unders...pigs arse" your words. My point was that it did indeed happen
Indeed lots of things happened in 2014, where was these offers in 2018/2019? Stop pretending he is a world beating winger, i like sauce, but he ain't going to get us any further, we need speed, not saying staines is the answer either, but he needs to at least get a shot. Btw in this year 2020 staines already had offers to go elsewhere, where was mansours offers since 2014?

Black Diamond

Juniors
Indeed lots of things happened in 2014, where was these offers in 2018/2019? Stop pretending he is a world beating winger, i like sauce, but he ain't going to get us any further, we need speed, not saying staines is the answer either, but he needs to at least get a shot. Btw in this year 2020 staines already had offers to go elsewhere, where was mansours offers since 2014?
What are you on about? I never said anything about 2018/19. I said he was loyal to our club and had stayed even when offered a better deal elsewhere. I never mentioned a year. I was talking about his loyaltyand also never said he was a world beater. You have blown my comments way out of proportion.

Last edited:

Black Diamond

Juniors
I have read the said article.

No where does it suggest that Sauce stayed for massive unders, in fact I think that Penrith's piggy banks were emptied in an effort to accomidate him.

Yeah righto, perhaps the paragraph that says Mansour gave up over $500,000 to remain at Penrith has a different meaning to you. Sorry but this is not about proving anything to you, believe what you want.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yeah righto, perhaps the paragraph that says Mansour gave up over $500,000 to remain at Penrith has a different meaning to you. Sorry but this is not about proving anything to you, believe what you want.

LOL.

Yep he might have been offerred $500,000 to play for the Raiders, but sure as God make little green apples Sauce was not on a rookie's salary at Penrith

I'm very sure he would been given a very good salary by Penrith, I can imagine it being $400,000 to $450,000....Yep so he gave up about $50,000 maybe even a little more to stay.

Now factor in the cost of relocating to Canberra, buying and selling homes, moving away from family, much of that would have been swallowed up..

Your carrying on like Sauce stayed at Penrith for $100 per game, and a feed at the club afterwards.

I can assure you Sauce would have been racking in a pretty good salary, especially with a couple of 3rd party arrangements too. So hardly needing to line up for the soup kitchen outside Penrith station on a saturday night.

Jane Murray

Bench
I have read the said article.

No where does it suggest that Sauce stayed for massive unders, in fact I think that Penrith's piggy banks were emptied in an effort to accomidate him.
Hands on my heart, Aliceinwonderland, I heard an interview in which Gus actively encouraged Sauce to take up a more lucrative offer from a rival club. Apparently, Sauce was dead set against it, and he re-signed.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Hands on my heart, Aliceinwonderland, I heard an interview in which Gus actively encouraged Sauce to take up a more lucrative offer from a rival club. Apparently, Sauce was dead set against it, and he re-signed.
Yes that's the way I see it also, I was trying to make a point regarding Sauces loyalty to the Club but some people seem to find comprehending quite difficult and go off on other tangents.

Jane Murray

Bench
Yes that's the way I see it also, I was trying to make a point regarding Sauces loyalty to the Club but some people seem to find comprehending quite difficult and go off on other tangents.
That does not excuse Mansour's outburst. Without the Panthers, Mansour would not have had a first grade career. He should have seen the writing on the wall. I hope Whare goes soon too. For the past few years, he has been sidelined. I hope he does a Tim Grant, and retires, he won't though.

soc123_au

Staff member
The negativity Mansour is copping in here is ridiculous. The interview with Gus was pretty clear that he stayed for unders. A club boss generally isn't bought to tears by a players loyalty by accepting a few percent less to stay.

The decision that his time is up is the right move by the club, but to lay the boot into a man who has given his all to the club at a fair financial cost to himself is pretty poor form. His comments were hardly a dummy spit, they were an emotional response to disappointment. He probably should have seen the writing on the wall when Staines re-signed, but he may have in his mind backed himself to be able to compete for his spot, to be told you wont be getting that chance would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Later in that Gus interview he said something along the lines of after talking with Sauce I realised he was dead set against leaving and I told Ivan this, then we set about finding more money so we could keep him....(hence my comments about raiding the club's piggy banks to stay). He did stay.

Yep he stayed for less. No doubt about it. But massive unders I don''t think so.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The negativity Mansour is copping in here is ridiculous. The interview with Gus was pretty clear that he stayed for unders. A club boss generally isn't bought to tears by a players loyalty by accepting a few percent less to stay.

The decision that his time is up is the right move by the club, but to lay the boot into a man who has given his all to the club at a fair financial cost to himself is pretty poor form. His comments were hardly a dummy spit, they were an emotional response to disappointment. He probably should have seen the writing on the wall when Staines re-signed, but he may have in his mind backed himself to be able to compete for his spot, to be told you wont be getting that chance would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Apparently Gus is moved to tears fairly easily......his an emotional bloke.

Over the years I've loved Josh's passion for the club, and the fact he is our longest serving player.

I don't like though the pedtulant attitude he's shown though when told about the future.

Staines had only just re-signed a couple of weeks earlier. So this was probably the first opportunity for the club to speak with him, or should have that happened leading up to the grandfinal.

Many players over the years have been told there time was up. Matty Johns an example at Newcastle.

Personally I'm dissappointed in Josh's behaviour. I thought he was better than that. For him to double down this weekend with Weidler not nice, to me doesn't pass the pub test.

I love the previously shown loyality of the bloke, over the years he's been one of my most favourite players.

His outburts and yes toys out of cot were thown dimishes this a little.

We have been talking bout it for months, surely he's not that naive to see himself as benjamin button.

Jane Murray

Bench
Apparently Gus is moved to tears fairly easily......his an emotional bloke.

Over the years I've loved Josh's passion for the club, and the fact he is our longest serving player.

I don't like though the pedtulant attitude he's shown though when told about the future.

Staines had only just re-signed a couple of weeks earlier. So this was probably the first opportunity for the club to speak with him, or should have that happened leading up to the grandfinal.

Many players over the years have been told there time was up. Matty Johns an example at Newcastle.

Personally I'm dissappointed in Josh's behaviour. I thought he was better than that. For him to double down this weekend with Weidler not nice, to me doesn't pass the pub test.

I love the previously shown loyality of the bloke, over the years he's been one of my most favourite players.

His outburts and yes toys out of cot were thown dimishes this a little.

We have been talking bout it for months, surely he's not that naive to see himself as benjamin button.

Double down, please explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.