What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Hmmm. Can't see how that would be abused in about three seconds.

Tough. Irrelevant in regards to the genuinely injured person. We could ban a hell of a lot of medicines or anything really if you took that point of view. Almost anything can be used correctly or incorrectly and exploited.

Society isn't generally run like that, well not until this Unicorn virus anyway and look how that is turning out.

Tough. Irrelevant in regards to the genuinely injured person. We could ban a hell of a lot of medicines or anything really if you took that point of view. Almost anything can be used correctly or incorrectly and exploited.

Society isn't generally run like that, well not until this Unicorn virus anyway and look how that is turning out.

There's nothing stopping a genuinely injured person being treated with prescribed steroids. They just can't have an NRL contract at the time.

Think about it for 3 seconds. Steroids assist the recovery from most muscular injuries. So I do my calf (muscle not baby cow) in the off-season and get steroid treatment and continue weight work on my upper body. And steroids can provide benefits for quite a while after you stop taking them.

There's nothing stopping a genuinely injured person being treated with prescribed steroids. They just can't have an NRL contract at the time.

Think about it for 3 seconds. Steroids assist the recovery from most muscular injuries. So I do my calf (muscle not baby cow) in the off-season and get steroid treatment and continue weight work on my upper body. And steroids can provide benefits for quite a while after you stop taking them.
There are rules about how long you have to have been subject to WADA oversight before you can play NRL. It was raised when Hayne left the NFL. From memory it's six months but not real sure. I think you should be able to use banned but legal substances for rehabilitation, provided you sit out longer than any performance enhancing benefits would last.

lingard

Coach
And in the end a team who played 2 games in their home state all season shot the easy draw narrative out of the water. Unless we’re going to say the other 14 teams also failed with their easy draws

I think it was always more about the travelling than the actual home-ground advantage.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I can only speak for Boxing but I would be surprised if the NRL is different. You can have a thing called a TUE - Therapeutic Use Exemption. This allows the athlete to take medications which may be banned by WADA or ASADA in our case. There’s a whole heap of criteria and it usually needs to be a serious health issue rather than say a torn calf.

I can only speak for Boxing but I would be surprised if the NRL is different. You can have a thing called a TUE - Therapeutic Use Exemption. This allows the athlete to take medications which may be banned by WADA or ASADA in our case. There’s a whole heap of criteria and it usually needs to be a serious health issue rather than say a torn calf.
I'm pretty sure that's what all those cyclists suddenly developing asthma was about.

Yeh, but torn calf muscles have rubbed out a few of our stars in the past. Modest Tom and the Okey Boy.