What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach

I really don’t understand how Lenui can be on the open market given he is our future he should have been locked up long before November 1.

Tamou, Hetherington (a huge talent soon to come into his own) and lesser lights such as Kaide Ellis all gone and we haven’t even locked up the future in Spencer.

Seriously, Spencer should have been signed, sealed and delivered long before now and I have no idea what Matt Cameron and Ivan Cleary were doing on there days off.

Maybe, it was the right decision to call time on the reign of Gus Gould, it is a matter for opinion and debate but I can’t help feeling the current predicament we are in with Spencer, Burton, Crichton etc not to mention the players already moved on would not have happened under his watch. Whether you were a fan of Gould or not he had our cap sorted at least two years ahead and it is apparent the current regime have not quite been so pro active.

I really don’t understand how Lenui can be on the open market given he is our future he should have been locked up long before November 1.

Tamou, Hetherington (a huge talent soon to come into his own) and lesser lights such as Kaide Ellis all gone and we haven’t even locked up the future in Spencer.

Seriously, Spencer should have been signed, sealed and delivered long before now and I have no idea what Matt Cameron and Ivan Cleary were doing on there days off.

Maybe, it was the right decision to call time on the reign of Gus Gould, it is a matter for opinion and debate but I can’t help feeling the current predicament we are in with Spencer, Burton, Crichton etc not to mention the players already moved on would not have happened under his watch. Whether you were a fan of Gould or not he had our cap sorted at least two years ahead and it is apparent the current regime have not quite been so pro active.
Agree - I think we are very skinny in the front rower for next year. Imagine if we get a couple of long term injuries. I don't know if anyone in the lower grades can step up.

Blade23

Juniors

I don't disagree. They have been trying for a little while, but in my opinion they should have tried much earlier in the year with recent middle departures.
I was a little surprised they only offered a 2 year extension.
Quite honestly getting rid of Tamou was one of the reasons made to give Spencer a direct path to the 17. Massive talent.

Gould had his critics, but he knew you had to lock down who you want to keep early. Waiting till later in the year has no doubt cost us more financially, and could cost us someone we should have kept.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't disagree. They have been trying for a little while, but in my opinion they should have tried much earlier in the year with recent middle departures.
I was a little surprised they only offered a 2 year extension.
Quite honestly getting rid of Tamou was one of the reasons made to give Spencer a direct path to the 17. Massive talent.

Gould had his critics, but he knew you had to lock down who you want to keep early. Waiting till later in the year has no doubt cost us more financially, and could cost us someone we should have kept.

Do you think they should have tried harder?

The exits of Tamou, Mansour and others should have been sorted by mid season in my opinion.

I’m really shocked we find ourselves in the position we now find ourselves in and frankly it is inexcusable!!!

I know it is not politically correct to support Gus Gould in this environment, particularly on this forum, given he has so many detractors but frankly as you allude too he was pro-active and the players we are currently discussing would have been locked up a long time ago.

murraymob

Coach
Don’t underestimate the MT DRUITT connection
Keep Crichton you keep Luai. And also Leniu
Lose Crichton and it can be a pack of cards falling
On Burton I feel if he does not go next year he will the following.So concentrate on the MT DRUITT connection
Melbourne have had success by focusing on a core group of players then adding with out over paying for the rest .We should follow

Hooked

Juniors

I would have thought once it became apparent Tamou was going they would have moved quickly on Leniu. Then to release Hetherington before re-signing Leniu is mind boggling.

mxlegend99

Referee
I would have thought once it became apparent Tamou was going they would have moved quickly on Leniu. Then to release Hetherington before re-signing Leniu is mind boggling.
Pretty absurd we pushed 2x front rowers out to fit one in that we hadn't even signed yet.

Well Tamou was not pushed so much as just not kept. But we should have secured Leniu before letting these guys go. I know the squads not torn apart yet. But it's hard not to feel like our window has slammed shut just as it was beginning to open.

Having to spend so much of our cap to keep guys or lose them is ridiculous.

Kilkenny

Coach
Pretty absurd we pushed 2x front rowers out to fit one in that we hadn't even signed yet.

Well Tamou was not pushed so much as just not kept. But we should have secured Leniu before letting these guys go. I know the squads not torn apart yet. But it's hard not to feel like our window has slammed shut just as it was beginning to open.

Having to spend so much of our cap to keep guys or lose them is ridiculous.

It’s disappointing. We’ve gone thru a lot of pain given everyone who has left already and if you believe the media more pain to come. I don’t get it, I really don’t.

franklin2323

Immortal
Once the dust settles and our roster is locked in for 2021 it will be interesting to see what spin the club put’s out around where we are at going into 2021.

I must be honest, despite making the GF I thought we were in a much better position with our cap, even if we were chipping in for RCG & Waqa, and had players coming off contract.

The current situation has come as a shock and I really believed we would have had many players locked up well before now.

I understand all is not yet lost, but it is somewhat disappointing we are in the position we currently find ourselves in and I’m just not sure we would be in the same position if our former GM was still at the helm.

Melbourne are in a much worse situation just get no media

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't know what people expect. We have 6 rep players that means depth guys will go
No... Not being active in locking up guys means guys will go.

Every single player is more valuable now than they were 6 months ago. They're all on the market fielding offers which they will expect us to match or at least get close to matching.

If 4 players prices get bumped up by even a measly $50k thats $200k less to work with. It quickly adds up and our roster will be depleted a hell of a lot faster because we didn't prioritise retention high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts