What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Naden will be a very good winger wherever he winds up, he’ll score a heap of tries. In fact I’d like to keep him around for when/if Staines moves to fullback.

Got a feeling we will do just that. He got a new set of clubs given to him to drummond golf today so maybe that means something or maybe not lol. Either way with Mansour and Laurie going we suddenly look a bit thin in the backs if Naden was to leave also. Watene-Zelezniak has left so really if Staines hammys play up again who is the next winger up?

Edit: Keep forgetting about Rob Jennings. He provides some depth.

MugaB

Coach
This will most likely be the top 17 next year, depended on injuries and if anyone gets poached before pre season

1.Edwards
2. Staines
3. Naden
4. Crichton
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Cleary.

8. Fish
9. Api
10.Yeo (C)
11.Kikau
12.Martin
13.Burton

14.May
15.Capewell
16.Leota
17.Tetevano

Reserves... Leniu, Burns, Kenny, Jennings, Whare

martielang

Bench
Personally I wouldve got a few signatures locked in before I told Josh, If I was the club that is. Its easy to see the news would upset him, the potential for this to affect our negotiations with other players shouldve been spotted from a mile away, that is the only mistake the club made imo.

Players get told all the time they arent wanted, wont be in the side, not in our plans etc and dont blow up like that so again, I cant feel bad for Josh despite his past sacrifices.

Hardly a blow up. One interview wasn't it? He deserves his right of reply.

This will most likely be the top 17 next year, depended on injuries and if anyone gets poached before pre season

1.Edwards
2. Staines
3. Naden
4. Crichton
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Cleary.

8. Fish
9. Api
10.Yeo (C)
11.Kikau
12.Martin
13.Burton

14.May
15.Capewell
16.Leota
17.Tetevano

Reserves... Leniu, Burns, Kenny, Jennings, Whare

If he re-signs, Burton will be at centre. Not lock.

Yeo had his best year ever, you wouldn’t move him. And Leniu is a shoe-in for the 17.

MugaB

Coach
He's 30 & coming off one of his best seasons to date.
Then you choose which junior doesn't get to play next year at panthers, with the coin he is making...
Hardly a blow up. One interview wasn't it? He deserves his right of reply.
This is becoming a circle jerk seriously this happened 3 weeks ago, and still is getting posted up now... we are a development club, you cannot keep them all, but cant keep large amount of cap space for 30yr old wingers either...more importantly a top 13 squad position, this importantly is the rea sdon we lose some of our up and coming talent like Burton, Leniu etc, we can't fit them into the first grade squad... Mansour can still play at panthers, no one is taking that away from him next year... same as Whare

.....sorry but are you josh mansauce?

Last edited:

martielang

Bench
and that means you let a future star in Staines walk out the door to re-sign elsewhere. Keep playing a 30 year old, who struggles with handling at times, struggles under the high ball, getting slower with each passing year,,,,,,,

Really ?

Arghhhh the old 'player x' is shit cos he left us trick.

It's just pure coincidence that at roughly the same time Mansour was booted, we've gone from players openly saying they'll stay regardless of other offers, to now publicly testing the market? Loyalty is a two way street, we've shown our hand.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

It's just pure coincidence that we've gone from players openly saying they'll stay regardless of other offers, to now testing the market from roughly around the same time Mansour was booted? Loyalty is a two way street, we've shown our hand.

In most posts I reflect on how much I've enjoyed watching Josh over the years.

He hasn't left yet.....so that flies in the face of what your saying.

So your saying it's because Josh was been tapped on the shoulder that other players are / were testing the market.

What about Staines testing the market and then choosing to re-sign.

Over the years the club has been very loyal to Josh with injuries, form slumps etc.

But sadly Father time waits for no one.

Josh doesn't have too many tomorrows left.

martielang

Bench
Then you choose which junior doesn't get to play next year at panthers, with the coin he is making...

This is becoming a circle jerk seriously this happened 3 weeks ago, and still is getting posted up now... we are a development club, you cannot keep them all, but cant keep large amount of cap space for 30yr old wingers either...more importantly a top 13 squad position, this importantly is the rea sdon we lose some of our up and coming talent like Burton, Leniu etc, we can't fit them into the first grade squad... Mansour can still play at panthers, no one is taking that away from him next year... same as Whare

.....sorry but are you josh mansauce?

I've said it other threads I would of kept Mansour over Staines. I think there are a lot more ingredients to a successful team than a players ability on the field.

& yes I am.

MugaB

Coach

It's just pure coincidence that at roughly the same time Mansour was booted, we've gone from players openly saying they'll stay regardless of other offers, to now publicly testing the market? Loyalty is a two way street, we've shown our hand.
Rubbish, the whole salary cap squeeze is happening everywhere, and since no one knows the exact amount of said salary cap next year, everyone is getting as much as possible, hell even if the cap remained the same next year, mansour would still be relegated to reserve grade anyway... you watch one guy signs or goes, then they'll all sign, pretty quick smart.. its musical chairs at the moment....
And mansauce not accepting that he he needs to step back is just being not only delusional, but toxic to the younger generation behind him, the pack up and leave it attitude will cement his selfishness for me. He is going to be so much better for penrith, if he says around in the squad, helping the other kids train and prepare than earning another contract elsewhere, which he can still do in 2022 anyway, hell if we make the final in 2021 again, he might have to step in for an injured winger and get his swansong

MugaB

Coach
It's almost like Tamou was out of contract & Mansour isn't???
Thats right, but he is free to look elsewhere, and won't be in the top 17 or atleast wing spot.... seriously how are you not getting this, if this was jamie soward or peter wallace, i'd agree with you, but its a winger, who then went all media with a short fuse.. its not a good way to move on... at least Tamou took it with a bit of dignity, and he got to captain the side to minor premiers, and get his extended contract, and the reason to leave was he could then give the juniors an opportunity, Whare doing the same thing, he got to take captaincy over the nines side, and now is patently waiting in reserves for another go. whats mansour doing? Kicking stones

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Thats right, but he is free to look elsewhere, and won't be in the top 17 or atleast wing spot.... seriously how are you not getting this, if this was jamie soward or peter wallace, i'd agree with you, but its a winger, who then went all media with a short fuse.. its not a good way to move on... at least Tamou took it with a bit of dignity, and he got to captain the side to minor premiers, and get his extended contract, and the reason to leave was he could then give the juniors an opportunity, whats mansour doing? Kicking stones

2 completely different mind sets.

One showed a level of maturity, the other the emotional IQ of a spoiled toddler.

It's about how a person is conducting themselves, especially in the media.

Jimmy Maloney was another prefect example......of how to leave with dignity and grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts