What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisD

Coach
They aren't going to release him unless they have to is the way it has been explained by those with some inside knowledge. It sounds like releasing Tetevano is the cost of not losing anyone else.
They're all signed for next season.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So Laurie doesn't want out, I highly doubt that, he might not be as disloyal as Ivan, but I bet London to a brick he wants out now, now not in 12 months

Of course he doesn’t want to go to the Tigers, they are a joke. He’s only leaving in 2022 because we don’t have space for him.

No one “Wants” to play for the Tigers or the Magpies or who ever you poor excuse for a club are.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
How do you figure that, if he could be playing NRL and earning $100 to $200k a year more, how is that not holding him back, which is in turn is punishing him, pretty simple really

He is contracted next year, I’m sure we wouldn’t hear the end of the whinging if he pulled out of the deal and asked to stay here.

You only think you do, lets see what happens cap wise, Crighton, Luai and Yeo wise before popping the champagne

Mansour doesn’t cost us much under the cap. He’ll receive the full 200k long service exemption in 2021, so let’s say he’s on 450k he now only costs us 250k under the cap.

Let’s expand from there. Another player would at minimum cost us 110k, so if we paid 100k of Mansours salary to play at the Tigers, we might only free up as little as 40k.

Of course we don’t know exactly what he’s on, but it’s rumoured to be around 450k-500k. But shedding his salary won’t actually free up much space. Especially if we pay him to play elsewhere.

Of course he doesn’t want to go to the Tigers, they are a joke. He’s only leaving in 2022 because we don’t have space for him.

No one “Wants” to play for the Tigers or the Magpies or who ever you poor excuse for a club are.
So rediculous, even for you! It’s at least one year into their contract before they decide they don’t want to play for us. If you were offered 3 times your salary to change jobs, even to one where you hated the company, you wouldn’t go?

BxTom

Bench
Mansour doesn’t cost us much under the cap. He’ll receive the full 200k long service exemption in 2021, so let’s say he’s on 450k he now only costs us 250k under the cap.

Let’s expand from there. Another player would at minimum cost us 110k, so if we paid 100k of Mansours salary to play at the Tigers, we might only free up as little as 40k.

Of course we don’t know exactly what he’s on, but it’s rumoured to be around 450k-500k. But shedding his salary won’t actually free up much space. Especially if we pay him to play elsewhere.
Mansour leaving, without us paying his freight, will free up his whole wage as the long service exemption will just go to another player.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So rediculous, even for you! It’s at least one year into their contract before they decide they don’t want to play for us. If you were offered 3 times your salary to change jobs, even to one where you hated the company, you wouldn’t go?

I’ve been in the military or law enforcement my entire working life, clearly money is pretty low on my priorities.

I’d never take a job I hated, never would, never could.

MugaB

Coach
What is your definition of a troll? All I did was used a ridiculous comment, made by someone, against them. If it made you look stupid or you disagreed with it please remember it wasn’t me who started it. Merry Christmas!
I mean you're a troll, coz your posting here. (Fullstop)
And also about a guy (laurie) who you want to play for your basketcase team next year, instead of finishing his current contract. Then tranferring there when you've actually signed him for.

I thought all you tigers fans were all about sticking to contracts? Or is it only if/when it suits your narrative? You dont see me posting on the WoEST forum about taking Mansauce off our hands, or rushing to get Packer off your hands, but no you've come here to pollute and troll us for ideas of why we don't want to release players that aren't going to stay in future seasons...
Why not bleed for Burtons case he is contracted to another team, the dogs, no, just wanna harp on about how much money Daine won't be getting next season with us with your other trolling tiger mates, maybe Daine should kick stones like Josh Aloiai, and Ryan Matterson to become "untenable" that must be the Tigers anthem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.