What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS5

Having built my gaming PC and set up the gaming room with all of the bits I wanted, I can’t see the value in another console.

That being said, I’ll end up buying one because of one exclusive title I want to play and then it’ll sit there catching dust.

Indeed. A good purpose built PC is still the best gaming platform of all :)

bileduct

Coach
Indeed. A good purpose built PC is still the best gaming platform of all :)
The only time I ever opted for console over PC was when Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Grand Theft Auto were Playstation only. Oh, and my Atari back in the 80s. Other than that, never taken them seriously.

shiznit

Coach
The only time I ever opted for console over PC was when Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Grand Theft Auto were Playstation only. Oh, and my Atari back in the 80s. Other than that, never taken them seriously.

Fuuuuuuuck that... I hate gaming PC’s... too much f**king around.

when I want to play games I like to be able to chill in my lounge on my couch in front of my 65inch TV and just grab my controller and boot up.

i also hate the idea of having to add shit to my rig if a new game comes out.

I know when I buy my console I’m good for the next 6-7 years or the generation of the console.

TBH... I really only play sports games and a couple of the big AAA releases so I’m not a full on gamer... but a few of my mates love PC gaming and pour shitloads into their rigs... SMH

Mind you... I spend most of my day in front of a desk on a PC so sitting in front of a PC in my spare time makes my f**king skin crawl... :joy::joy:

Parra Pride

Coach
Fuuuuuuuck that... I hate gaming PC’s... too much f**king around.

It really isn't as much f**king around as people like to make out.

when I want to play games I like to be able to chill in my lounge on my couch in front of my 65inch TV and just grab my controller and boot up.

And you can connect a PC to your 65 inch TV, and sit on your couch with a controller that can be used with your PC.

i also hate the idea of having to add shit to my rig if a new game comes out.

You really don't have to do this at all.

I know when I buy my console I’m good for the next 6-7 years or the generation of the console.

And a good PC build will do the exact same.

I can fully understand preferring a console over a PC, but to sit there and act like stuff like this is a legitimate advantage that console's have over a PC is just stupid. The only legitimate thing a console is going to have that a PC doesn't are PS5 and Nintendo exclusives, and even then that's an issue that will be solved be emulators sooner or later.

shiznit

Coach
It really isn't as much f**king around as people like to make out.

And you can connect a PC to your 65 inch TV, and sit on your couch with a controller that can be used with your PC.

You really don't have to do this at all.

And a good PC build will do the exact same.

I can fully understand preferring a console over a PC, but to sit there and act like stuff like this is a legitimate advantage that console's have over a PC is just stupid. The only legitimate thing a console is going to have that a PC doesn't are PS5 and Nintendo exclusives, and even then that's an issue that will be solved be emulators sooner or later.

I’m not saying it’s an advantage... I readily admit PC’s are more powerful... but who wants to f**k around with all that??

And you can say I can plug a PC I to my TV... but let’s be honest... who actually has a gaming PC set up like that??

I don’t know anyone who games on their PC that had it set up in the lounge like someone would have a console.

And even if you do... it’s still a f**king PC that will need to deal with a PC operating system which you’ll end up most likely needing a mouse for and all that... maybe It’s just me... but I just don’t have the time for all of that usually.

then there’s the games... you say that you can get the same for a really good PC build... but at what cost?? And can you honestly say that when a big new title comes up for PC you don’t have to check the recommended specs to make sure you can play it as intended by the creators.

I’m not putting PC gamers down at all... all power to em... but with 4 kids.. including 2 boys under 5... I often only get an hour or so an evening to play... so I’m usually straight to my couch to chill out and play whatever game I want.

PC’s are for serious gamers IMO... I’m not in that class... just like to chill for a couple of hours a night if possible...

Parra Pride

Coach
I’m not saying it’s an advantage... I readily admit PC’s are more powerful... but who wants to f**k around with all that??

Again, you really don't have to f**k around much at all. Pre builts are a thing, which is the exact same as a console just plug it in and go for broke. The big difference obviously being cost, which is a fair point, but everything else you chuck out is simply a non issue.

And even if you do... it’s still a f**king PC that will need to deal with a PC operating system which you’ll end up most likely needing a mouse for and all that... maybe It’s just me... but I just don’t have the time for all of that usually.

You can quite easily set up a controller to function as your mouse with a digital keyboard, so another non issue on that one.

then there’s the games... you say that you can get the same for a really good PC build... but at what cost?? And can you honestly say that when a big new title comes up for PC you don’t have to check the recommended specs to make sure you can play it as intended by the creators.

You'd be surprised, most current games will have recommended specs that are a few generations old.

I’m not putting PC gamers down at all... all power to em... but with 4 kids.. including 2 boys under 5... I often only get an hour or so an evening to play... so I’m usually straight to my couch to chill out and play whatever game I want.

PC’s are for serious gamers IMO... I’m not in that class... just like to chill for a couple of hours a night if possible...

This is a fair point though, and again I fully understand simply preferring a console. I'm simply pointing out that a gaming PC is nowhere near as complicated a setup as you seem to be under the impression it is.

billygilmore

Juniors

And you can say I can plug a PC I to my TV... but let’s be honest... who actually has a gaming PC set up like that??

I don’t know anyone who games on their PC that had it set up in the lounge like someone would have a console.

Hey mate, I used to be worried about the idea of a gaming PC too that it was going to be a hassle compared to the simplicity of a console but it's really only as hard as you want it to be, you just want to switch it on and play some games, sure easy as. It's when you get into modding games, overclocking your hardware, setting up emulators and that type of stuff it can get complicated but if you just want to switch it on and game you have that option.

I've actually got my PC set up perfect in the lounge room, it's at a desk with my ultrawide but I have a HDMI cord coming out the back to my big screen tv for when I want to slob on the lounge with a controller, I have a wireless keyboard and mouse so this isn't an issue either flicking between games.

I will admit it's a more expensive if you want to go high end but even a current low end GPU will probably be better than a current console graphics wise.

jargan83

Coach
Got a PS5 pre-order in store at my local EB Games and I believe they are still doing pre-orders for another week or so (at least that's what the person in store told me).

He also told me they were moving pre-orders to in store because of the situation with scalpers/bots etc. I assume the translation there is we've made our money on the Christmas 2020 surge and now we can start moving them to actual stores.

It should arrive late July - limit of one per customer if anyone else is still looking.

Generalzod

Immortal
Got a PS5 pre-order in store at my local EB Games and I believe they are still doing pre-orders for another week or so (at least that's what the person in store told me).

He also told me they were moving pre-orders to in store because of the situation with scalpers/bots etc. I assume the translation there is we've made our money on the Christmas 2020 surge and now we can start moving them to actual stores.

It should arrive late July - limit of one per customer if anyone else is still looking.
I went to the gamesmen 3 months asked them if they had any Xbox series x available they had plenty in stock..

Generalzod

Immortal
Got my PS5 tonight 😍

And I still have a couple of PS4 games to finish 😂
What do you make of it do you like it???, I was lucky to get my hands on the XBOX series X it's not that bad, I still play the XBOX ONE X more. The only thing i need to do know id buy a TV that caters for 120hz with a low ping.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My daughter has a PS5, came about a week or so ago.

She loves it, still has the latest x-box I have x-box-one and my PC.

jargan83

Coach
What do you make of it do you like it???, I was lucky to get my hands on the XBOX series X it's not that bad, I still play the XBOX ONE X more. The only thing i need to do know id buy a TV that caters for 120hz with a low ping.

I got home and didn't even get a chance to set it up yet, will probably get a crack at it on tomorrow night or Saturday night when I finish digging up the back yard for a new shed.

Still haven't upgraded my TV!

Latest posts