What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Once a dickhead.....

And the award goes to..... (drum roll please)

images

Knowing the quality of human involved I have no doubt it was something very polite.

"I say, good fellow. I'm the interest of civility I must warn you that, as sharp as my tongue has been this evening, I possess a blade of even greater sharpness. If you fail to desist I may unfortunately be forced to utilise it, so may I suggest we all disperse so there shall be no need for such unbecoming behaviour?'

I can’t like this enough

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I've got a slightly off topic question.

It seems that these two fine, law abiding gentlemen's clothing company consists of cheap made in China/Bangladesh tshirts with a red YKTR patch stuck on the front. Much like the plethora of other 'stars' with clothing brands.

Has anyone here actually purchased clothing from players 'clothing brands'?

Wizardman

First Grade
Two issues I have here with the knuckleheads in question.

1. Their lack of awareness as public figures. Corey Norman is a public figure who represents very public organisations. To protect that brand, he simply needs to be more careful about where he goes at night to avoid dickheads that may cross his path. It simply goes with the territory of being a high profile person these days.

2. They should have simply walked away when being racially abused. To protect their careers, their partners and themselves, the best cause of action to have taken would be to simply walk away. Fight only in the case of self defence.

Silent Knight

First Grade
From a professional point of view the players should have walked away.

But from my own personal point of view I can still sympathise with the players. I don’t believe you can reason with racists. They’ll use every excuse in the book (“he’s playing the race card”, “harden up princess”, “political correctness gone mad”) and they’ll feel validated that they can continue being racist d*ckheads.

They’ll use their ignorance and bigotry as a shield. They’ll show they’re never going to be decent human beings. So perhaps a punch in the face is the only language they’ll ever understand.

I’m so sick of this sh*t. Indian cricket players and spectators being racially abused. Brent Naden being racially abused at a central coast NRL game. Every time it happens it makes our country look like a racist, uneducated backwater. It’s f*cking embarrassing and we’re in the year 2021 but thanks to a minority of brain dead knuckle draggers we might as well be in the 1950s. When is enough going to be enough?

Wizardman

First Grade
From a professional point of view the players should have walked away.

But from my own personal point of view I can still sympathise with the players. I don’t believe you can reason with racists. They’ll use every excuse in the book (“he’s playing the race card”, “harden up princess”, “political correctness gone mad”) and they’ll feel validated that they can continue being racist d*ckheads.

They’ll use their ignorance and bigotry as a shield. They’ll show they’re never going to be decent human beings. So perhaps a punch in the face is the only language they’ll ever understand.

I’m so sick of this sh*t. Indian cricket players and spectators being racially abused. Brent Naden being racially abused at a central coast NRL game. Every time it happens it makes our country look like a racist, uneducated backwater. It’s f*cking embarrassing and we’re in the year 2021 but thanks to a minority of brain dead knuckle draggers we might as well be in the 1950s. When is enough going to be enough?
Im dark skinned and my mother is a coloured South African. I know where they are coming from. But, reacting in this way puts themselves at risk in a wide variety of ways.....totally not worth it for those players.

This Year?

Immortal
I feel like everyone is missing the point.
It was probably disgruntled Dragons fans who they got into a scuffle with. Whoever put one on Corey and whoever recorded it are my heroes.
*edit* It's not like he murdered anyone. The only things Corey could murder are tries, overlaps and linebreaks.

Last edited:

Latest posts