What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Once a dickhead.....

Legends

Juniors
From a professional point of view the players should have walked away.

But from my own personal point of view I can still sympathise with the players. I don’t believe you can reason with racists. They’ll use every excuse in the book (“he’s playing the race card”, “harden up princess”, “political correctness gone mad”) and they’ll feel validated that they can continue being racist d*ckheads.

They’ll use their ignorance and bigotry as a shield. They’ll show they’re never going to be decent human beings. So perhaps a punch in the face is the only language they’ll ever understand.

I’m so sick of this sh*t. Indian cricket players and spectators being racially abused. Brent Naden being racially abused at a central coast NRL game. Every time it happens it makes our country look like a racist, uneducated backwater. It’s f*cking embarrassing and we’re in the year 2021 but thanks to a minority of brain dead knuckle draggers we might as well be in the 1950s. When is enough going to be enough?

Nice woke rant, but maybe we should wait for the facts to come out. Its not uncommon for the likes of Corey and James to cry racism in order to get a free pass from bad behaviour.

Maybe you should look for better evidence than the Indian cricketers of this being a 'racist country'. They found absolutely no evidence of racist abuse at the Sydney Test.

SBD82

Coach
Nice woke rant, but maybe we should wait for the facts to come out. Its not uncommon for the likes of Corey and James to cry racism in order to get a free pass from bad behaviour.

Maybe you should look for better evidence than the Indian cricketers of this being a 'racist country'. They found absolutely no evidence of racist abuse at the Sydney Test.
Think of all the derogatory words and stereotypes that you know that are used to describe aboriginal people.

Still think we aren’t a racist country?

DeeJ

Bench
Think of all the derogatory words and stereotypes that you know that are used to describe aboriginal people.

Still think we aren’t a racist country?

I don't think you can call Australia a racist country just because there are a variety of slurs. Every country and culture has made up names for people that are different.

There is a firm belief in Australian nature that using these terms is wrong today.

DeeJ

Bench
Not every country turns them into slurs.

Of course they do. Americans called people of their same race - Germans and Brits, krauts and limeys for example.

If you believe things are racist, that's all you are going to see.

SBD82

Coach
Of course they do. Americans called people of their same race - Germans and Brits, krauts and limeys for example.

If you believe things are racist, that's all you are going to see.
And if you believe things aren’t racist?

redVinme

Juniors
I've got a slightly off topic question.

It seems that these two fine, law abiding gentlemen's clothing company consists of cheap made in China/Bangladesh tshirts with a red YKTR patch stuck on the front. Much like the plethora of other 'stars' with clothing brands.

Has anyone here actually purchased clothing from players 'clothing brands'?
Best to check with oxfam on how they feel about their fashion.

Fast I'll bet.

redVinme

Juniors
I don't think you can call Australia a racist country just because there are a variety of slurs. Every country and culture has made up names for people that are different.

There is a firm belief in Australian nature that using these terms is wrong today.

So why is more than half the population against changing the date? How does it impact anyone's life other than the minorities pushing for change.

SBD82

Coach
Then you live in the real world.

Of course racist incidents exist the the cash with Norman and Segeyaro may well and truly be an example. But to call Australia a racist country is purely ignorant.
Everyone who disagrees with you is ignorant and doesn’t live in the real world.

As enticing as it is to enter into a debate with someone who expresses such well constructed arguments, I think I’ll pass.

gerg

Juniors
So why is more than half the population against changing the date? How does it impact anyone's life other than the minorities pushing for change.

Yeah I don't understand it. The actual date doesn't mean anything to me, but it clearly upsets a lot of people (& for good/bad reason). So why not change it to be more inclusive.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I feel like everyone is missing the point.
It was probably disgruntled Dragons fans who they got into a scuffle with. Whoever put one on Corey and whoever recorded it are my heroes.
*edit* It's not like he murdered anyone. The only things Corey could murder are tries, overlaps and linebreaks.
And club culture.

Legends

Juniors
Yeah I don't understand it. The actual date doesn't mean anything to me, but it clearly upsets a lot of people (& for good/bad reason). So why not change it to be more inclusive.

Because changing the date is pandering to the woke minority - yet again. You think this will be the end of the victimhood culture? They'll just move on to the next concocted grievance.

The date represents the birth of this great nation. A nation that has greatly benefited ALL its citizens - despite many hardships along the way.

Plus, changing the date discussions distract from the real problems facing indigenous people, eg dysfunctional communities.

The Villain

Juniors
Every country displays racism. Australia is no different.

I’m finding the younger generation (the ones I know) are very much against racism and I’m hopeful for the future. Things are changing for the better. But it won’t happen overnight.

The Villain

Juniors
Because changing the date is pandering to the woke minority - yet again. You think this will be the end of the victimhood culture? They'll just move on to the next concocted grievance.
Regardless. It’s a step forward.

The date represents the birth of this great nation. A nation that has greatly benefited ALL its citizens - despite many hardships along the way.
Not all. Nowhere near all.

Plus, changing the date discussions distract from the real problems facing indigenous people, eg dysfunctional communities.
This is indeed a big issue. I don’t have a solution. I don’t think anybody does.

The_Frog

First Grade
India play this card every time they tour here.