What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

Dragons154

Juniors
I never thought I’d be writing this.
But getting rid of McGregor when the club did was a big mistake. Young had no idea and the club lost games to low opponents and got smashed. Finals hopes easily crushed.
Then they appoint Griffin who has a tough approach that gets people off guard and already has with McInnes, and maybe even more.

Now I know Mary isn’t a popular guy on here. And I’m sure he himself would even admit he’s not a top notch coach. But he has passion, he cares and he loves his players. And I am confident not one player he coached during his time at the club had a problem with him. In 7 years not a problem. And that’s his job. He shouldn’t be looking to create tension with players. It’s his job to work with the team.

We have a coach now who hasn’t even been here for a year and has already ruffled feathers with a player, the most important player. Griffin hasn’t even respected the club captain enough, he gave up and tried pursuing players who are far less superior to Cam and much older. Griffin has caught Cam offside and his leadership style is to give up on him.
It seems clear to me as well that the board didn’t even consult the players for replacing Mary and made yet another terrible decision as the club so often does.
You watch Dufty go to Cronulla too.
And how disrespectful of Griffin to go to his mate Hadley to attack McInnes. How low.

And let’s not forget that flop Millward made all recruitment decisions from 2017 onwards, and he couldn’t even select his team at times.

My point is. We all thought the McGregor period of 2014-2020 was the worst. I’m afraid the next few years will be even worse. The roster is far worse, and now we have a coach who has in the past and already, has caught players and eventually his team off guard.

This hopeless board should have kept Mary for 2021 and then handed over to Flanagan.

ridiculous comments IMO.

it’s not a coaches job to be mates with his players, this isn’t bloody under 7s. These are professional athletes that are earning high dollars. Bennett, Bellamy etc have pissed off many of players.

the club needed a change of culture and HAD to move away from the “boys club” mentality. Sacking Mary was one of the best things we have done in the past 5 years, the only downside was that it wasn’t done sooner.

IF the reporting’s about Cams attitude towards Hook prior to his arrival are true, than how does that reflect poorly on Hook?

This all but demonstrates what a shit culture we had.

Cam should be released ASAP. We don’t need this shot hanging around the club before the season has even started

jeffdragon

Bench
ridiculous comments IMO.

it’s not a coaches job to be mates with his players, this isn’t bloody under 7s. These are professional athletes that are earning high dollars. Bennett, Bellamy etc have pissed off many of players.

the club needed a change of culture and HAD to move away from the “boys club” mentality. Sacking Mary was one of the best things we have done in the past 5 years, the only downside was that it wasn’t done sooner.

IF the reporting’s about Cams attitude towards Hook prior to his arrival are true, than how does that reflect poorly on Hook?

Cam should be released ASAP. We don’t need this shot hanging around the club before the season has even started
Nice guys finish last.
We have been a boys club for too frigging
Long.
Give griff a chance,then judge him.

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
The club had to finally bite the bullet and sack the Imposter. Done far too late.
If Hook has moved some of the players out of their comfort zones well good.
McInnes can piss off now and get on McImposter’s jet ski for 2021 and then play for Cronulla. The pair of them wouldn’t have a brain cell between them.

Dragons22

Juniors
ridiculous comments IMO.

I’m not saying be mates with the players. But have respect for them and a good and positive relationship with them.
Griffin lost the entire dressing room at Penrith in 2018.
Mary wasn’t a top coach, I know that. But getting rid of Mary in August 2020 got rid of McInnes before a game was even played in 2021.
This season will be a massive flop. You watch.
The timing of McGrexit was wrong. Should have done it at the end of this season and handed over to Shane Flanagan. And McInnes and Dufty would have stayed.
This club is on the slide down.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Wow, McInness wants to play lock and Elliott mentioned the other day that he was being trained specifically at hooker. I knew that he would prefer the lock role to be honest hence why the search for a hooker in McCullough and Peats.

Anyway, Saints should go hard for Brandon Smith. But I cannot see that happening unfortunately.

To be honest if Ben Hunt is the permanent Hooker and we have Clune and Sullivan in the halves in 2022, that would be a pretty awesome spine. Ramsey at fullback as well if Dufty goes to the Warriors to join his mate Euan. Ben will provide quality service to the halves.

McInness is leaving for around 600k a season (2.4 over 4 years), which is a bargain. He thinks he has more chance of winning a comp at the Sharks than he did at Saints and that is with Mary gone. Wow. How highly did he rate Mary and how low did Frizell rate Mary as Frizell left because he had no faith in Mary at all. McInness did not even give Hook a chance by the looks of things and from all reports from the other guys, they think Hook is doing a great job, only he seems to feel the coaches are not going in the right direction. Interesting times ahead.

How awkward is it for him to play for the Saints this season after these comments? Talk about throwing a spanner in the works......

be55

Juniors
Can we all just admit that if McGregor had presided over this f@#ken disaster we would all be going absolutely crazy and our heads would be exploding at the moment...

Griffin surely could have sat down and ironed out any differences he had with BY FAR OUR BEST PLAYER AND OUR CAPTAIN for Christ's sake, and now we have lost the shining light of the last few seasons...

This whole situation stinks to high heaven...

Coach's need to be tacticians as well as man managers and i am starting to think Griffin is probably only good for one of those and you don't have to be Einstein to work out which one...

Signing fringe first graders...signing a player who has had serious shoulder and sternum injuries and has done two cruciate ligaments in the last two seasons, and by all accounts wanting to sign a 31 YEAR OLD Andrew Mccullough to multi year deal...

What the f@#k is going on...

I hope he proves me wrong but I've been far from impressed with our new coach's decision making so far and i am seriously starting to think that maybe the club should have gone in a different direction...

I wonder if Bennett would have made the decisions that Griffin has made as far as recruitment goes and not making Cam's retention a priority, if he had come back to the club :thinking:

I doubt it...

possm

Coach
2m on a four year deal = 500k p/a. I'm sure if the Dragons offered him that deal there would have been calls that we low balled him.

I've said for a while now that there is more to this story and now some bits of the story are becoming known. I say forget about McCullouch and go for B Smith. He will do the job as well of if not better the McInnes; and there won't be the tention between Griffin and McInnes for season 2021. Melboune would have aleady paid B Smith a quarter of his 2021 salary, so he won't be a big cost if McInnes leaves now.

My tip is for Sims to be our next captain.

Dragons22

Juniors
Sure mate. The club should have kept McGregor for 2021 and handed over to Flanagan in 2022. Were you living on Mars in 2019 and 2020?? I disagree with you about Griffin. Every article and video over the off season shows the players training their asses off and many players stating the change of coaching staff has been refreshing, hardly Griffin being a tool. The only whinging so far over the off season has been Dufty ( f**king standard for the little turd ) and McInnes. Other than that everyone else has been bouncing around raring for a big 2021.

That’s true. The other players have spoken positive, like renowned duds of the last 2 seasons Sims and Norman. I take their opinions with a grain of salt.

Your attack on Dufty confuses me. Dufty is the clubs leading try scorer of 2020 and leads in try assists. Needs to work on defence, but he leads the attack in this side.

2021 is already a failure.

Dragons22

Juniors
Can we all just admit that if McGregor had presided over this f@#ken disaster we would all be going absolutely crazy and our heads would be exploding at the moment...

Griffin surely could have sat down and ironed out any differences he had with BY FAR OUR BEST PLAYER AND OUR CAPTAIN for Christ's sake, and now we have lost the shining light of the last few seasons...

This whole situation stinks to high heaven...

Coach's need to be tacticians as well as man managers and i am starting to think Griffin is probably only good for one of those and you don't have to be Einstein to work out which one...

Signing fringe first graders...signing a player who has had serious shoulder and sternum injuries and has done two cruciate ligaments in the last two seasons, and by all accounts wanting to sign a 31 YEAR OLD Andrew Mccullough to multi year deal...

What the f@#k is going on...

I hope he proves me wrong but I've been far from impressed with our new coach's decision making so far and i am seriously starting to think that maybe the club should have gone in a different direction...

I wonder if Bennett would have made the decisions that Griffin has made as far as recruitment goes and not making Cam's retention a priority, if he had come back to the club :thinking:

I doubt it...

Exactly right mate.
The crew on here would be losing their shit and sayings it all Mary’s fault.
But this scenario wouldn’t have happened under Mary.

But now all of a sudden, everyone is behind the coach.
Griffin’s recruitment decisions have resulted in dead wood and duds.

Griffin had good rosters at Brisbane and Penrith. He doesn’t at this club. This will be a massive test.

Dragons154

Juniors
I’m not saying be mates with the players. But have respect for them and a good and positive relationship with them.
Griffin lost the entire dressing room at Penrith in 2018.
Mary wasn’t a top coach, I know that. But getting rid of Mary in August 2020 got rid of McInnes before a game was even played in 2021.
This season will be a massive flop. You watch.
The timing of McGrexit was wrong. Should have done it at the end of this season and handed over to Shane Flanagan. And McInnes and Dufty would have stayed.
This club is on the slide down.

Right..... so what you are saying is that you wanted Mary to coach this season?

again, bloody ridiculous.

I for one couldn’t watch another season of the same old 1 out shit. I’d upload the countless news stories of our players praising Hooks style and the change around the club but my guess would be that Cams opinion outweighs those other players.

I personally don’t know what the future holds. But I’m choosing to give Hook a chance instead of carrying on with the same old negative shit season after season.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Will not be missed.I believe we will be better off.Hopefully the right replacement comes along.
LET HIM GO NOW!!
Simple fix, we dont need another waste of cap space deadwood hooker. Hunt plays at 9 and give the young guys a run in the halves.

McFail loving sookey boy Cammie can play in reserves this season.

redv13

Bench
That’s true. The other players have spoken positive, like renowned duds of the last 2 seasons Sims and Norman. I take their opinions with a grain of salt.

Your attack on Dufty confuses me. Dufty is the clubs leading try scorer of 2020 and leads in try assists. Needs to work on defence, but he leads the attack in this side.

2021 is already a failure.
There’s no confusion about Dufty. I said he was whinging ( fact he’s having a wa wa about his next contract or lack of so far ). Just knuckle down, train your arse off and play well and his next contract will look after itself. Not the first time Dufty has spat the dummy in an interview

denis preston

First Grade
I never thought I’d be writing this.
But getting rid of McGregor when the club did was a big mistake. Young had no idea and the club lost games to low opponents and got smashed. Finals hopes easily crushed.
Then they appoint Griffin who has a tough approach that gets people off guard and already has with McInnes, and maybe even more.

Now I know Mary isn’t a popular guy on here. And I’m sure he himself would even admit he’s not a top notch coach. But he has passion, he cares and he loves his players. And I am confident not one player he coached during his time at the club had a problem with him. In 7 years not a problem. And that’s his job. He shouldn’t be looking to create tension with players. It’s his job to work with the team.

We have a coach now who hasn’t even been here for a year and has already ruffled feathers with a player, the most important player. Griffin hasn’t even respected the club captain enough, he gave up and tried pursuing players who are far less superior to Cam and much older. Griffin has caught Cam offside and his leadership style is to give up on him.
It seems clear to me as well that the board didn’t even consult the players for replacing Mary and made yet another terrible decision as the club so often does.
You watch Dufty go to Cronulla too.
And how disrespectful of Griffin to go to his mate Hadley to attack McInnes. How low.

And let’s not forget that flop Millward made all recruitment decisions from 2017 onwards, and he couldn’t even select his team at times.

My point is. We all thought the McGregor period of 2014-2020 was the worst. I’m afraid the next few years will be even worse. The roster is far worse, and now we have a coach who has in the past and already, has caught players and eventually his team off guard.

This hopeless board should have kept Mary for 2021 and then handed over to Flanagan.

I understand 22 that you were a fan of Mcwrecker but if you really think we would be better off letting him see out the season well that is not within my comprehension. At least his sacking showed us that Young was certainly not the answer.

Dragons22

Juniors

I for one couldn’t watch another season of the same old 1 out shit. I’d upload the countless news stories of our players praising Hooks style and the change around the club but my guess would be that Cams opinion outweighs those other players.

I personally don’t know what the future holds. But I’m choosing to give Hook a chance instead of carrying on with the same old negative shit season after season.

I’ll give Griffin a chance, and he might surprise me, but I’m not at all confident.

Mary wasn’t much for game plans, that’s true. But surely you’ve seen Griffin’s 1 page sheet he gave to Panthers players in 2018?

Yeah. I value what Cam says over NoEffortNorman and Tariq Sims.

I don’t want to be intentionally negative, but the club IMO is a mess and is only getting worse.
I was critical of Mary at the time, but the timing of his sacking was poor. Nothing major IMO will improve.

But I have an open mind. My view on Griffin could change if they do alright in 2021, but I honestly just cannot see it happening.

Dragons22

Juniors
There’s no confusion about Dufty. I said he was whinging ( fact he’s having a wa wa about his next contract or lack of so far ). Just knuckle down, train your arse off and play well and his next contract will look after itself. Not the first time Dufty has spat the dummy in an interview

Right. Fair enough.
I have to agree with him though that he deserves a new contract. Waiting to the very end only increases the chances of him leaving.
He deserves a new contract now.
He, along with McInnes and Dufty were easily the best players of 2020.

matPORTS

Juniors
This escalated very quickly. Catching up on the news right now...

While it's disappointing to lose one of our top performers amongst the rubbish that has been the last two seasons, and current club captain, nothing surprises me with regards to player movements anymore. I no longer have any emotion towards who stays and who goes.

If the stories are indeed true as to how this has played out, well, Cam is most certainly free to leave immediately.

There will always be someone else who breaks out and lights up the stats sheets. There will be players who come onto the market in the next couple of seasons whom we will have a realistic chance of signing. This is the big unknown we currently have with the new coaching regime now in place.

Hook likely does not wish to make any further decisions with regards to players off contract and is taking a watch and see approach this year. Faamausili, Bird, Alvaro, and now potentially McCullough, are no nonsense signings to fill certain short-term voids in our roster, while we also monitor the junior system and player market at the same time.

jeffdragon

Bench
What annoys me is how the players and mates are the last to know.
It comes out before that.
Are these guys like Mcinnes so naive not to think on their own.
Cause they talk a lot of Crap.
They aren't frigging babies.

Latest posts