What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'd have banned Cameron Smith from the game purely on the basis of the 5 minutes following Alex McKinnon's injury. Was the most disgusting behaviour I've seen on a sporting field, no exceptions.
Worse than this?

GaseousSecretEasternglasslizard-max-1mb.gif

T.S Quint

Coach
The NRL have let blokes who have been guilty of domestic violence back into the game. If Folau was let back in there would be an uproar for a week or so by some and then it will blow over.
NRL thrives on publicity. Let him back in.
Can't crucify him for having an opinion ppl dont agree with. They are his own morals and values.

Sure you can.
It’s quite an unpopular opinion stemming from bigotry and hatred.

It would bring the NRL bad publicity and be hurtful to their brand and may cost them sponsors (just as it did the ARU). I’m sure there are plenty in the NRL who agree with Folau, but none of them have been dumb enough (so far) as to publicly air their views.

Noise

Coach
Sure you can.
It’s quite an unpopular opinion stemming from bigotry and hatred.

It would bring the NRL bad publicity and be hurtful to their brand and may cost them sponsors (just as it did the ARU). I’m sure there are plenty in the NRL who agree with Folau, but none of them have been dumb enough (so far) as to publicly air their views.
Domestic violence is more unpopular than Izzy's views.

84 Baby

Referee
Threatening to kill a 6 year old while you beat the shit out his father in front of him I would argue would be more unpopular as well.......
A gay footballer beating up his gay husband while threatening to kill a gay 6 year old should get the job

edit - or do they all have to be homophobic? I’m not even sure anymore.

Probably best to just refer to them from their Christian names.

Oh f**k! Did I just refer to them as “them” and “their”?

T.S Quint

Coach

I’m not a fan of players found guilty of domestic violence playing in the NRL either. I certainly didn’t want Lodge back.

Thing is most of the players who have been found guilty of domestic violence have copped a punishment and shown remorse, vowing to keep clean from them on. Izzy on the other hand will always be bigoted and nothing will change that.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
A gay footballer beating up his gay husband while threatening to kill a gay 6 year old should get the job

edit - or do they all have to be homophobic? I’m not even sure anymore.

Probably best to just refer to them from their Christian names.

Oh f**k! Did I just refer to them as “them” and “their”?
You are sooooooo going to hell for that, unlike Izzy who is safe.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m not a fan of players found guilty of domestic violence playing in the NRL either. I certainly didn’t want Lodge back.

Thing is most of the players who have been found guilty of domestic violence have copped a punishment and shown remorse, vowing to keep clean from them on. Izzy on the other hand will always be bigoted and nothing will change that.
Why does he need punishment and remorse? He hasn't broken the law ffs

Snoochies

First Grade
Izzys view of hell is the traditional view which isn't actually Biblical at all, it's an English translation for greek and Hebrew words which taken in their original context don't mean an eternity of torture, in fact having a better understanding of Biblical language and writing styles would help. Hades is the greek word for the Hebrew word Sheol which means the place of the dead = grave. Gehenna is a word Jesus used about a coming judgement on Israel and was a literal place outside of Jeruselum that had a major historical reference to the Israelites. Later on English translators used the word 'Hell' which had it's own meaning was translated over these words and thus we have what we have today. So if Hell is literally the grave, then we're heading there.