What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
To be honest, we'd all forgotten about him until this festered to the surface. Martyr? Unlikely. I personally think that the average sports fan just wants to see their players do what they are paid to do, that is, perform on the the field. When players start bringing their political or religious views to the forefront while contracted to a team only brings grief. Why should a sponsor get involved in these scenarios? Why should clubs, coaching staff and fans be side-tracked in their roles and support because of some dimwit who thinks they can use their fame to advance their cause?
I agree. I hate sports people playing politics and pushing their cause, no matter what it is. I just want to see the dopey shits kick, run, throw, tackle, surf, dribble, pass etc.

Eelogical

Referee
I agree. I hate sports people playing politics and pushing their cause, no matter what it is. I just want to see the dopey shits kick, run, throw, tackle, surf, dribble, pass etc.
The same goes for movie star chumps as well. But, I figure most of them have to toe a political line to get future roles.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The guy is a peanut. Why does God allow some people to be attracted to the same sex if God created everyone in his own image? And I'm a proud Orthodox Christian.
Is God in any way sexual? It was never stated to be part of 'His' identity, and sex isn't a human right or anything people are entitled to. Any feminist would agree with that. The loving God is only half of the story. If you've survived to adulthood you'd know the world isn't a safe or happy place. If the God of the Bible is true then it isn't human. It is a barely comprehendible alien intelligence.

“I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create evil. I the Lord do all these things.”
-Isaiah 45:7

Eelogical

Referee
Is God in any way sexual? It was never stated to be part of 'His' identity, and sex isn't a human right or anything people are entitled to. Any feminist would agree with that. The loving God is only half of the story. If you've survived to adulthood you'd know the world isn't a safe or happy place. If the God of the Bible is true then it isn't human. It is a barely comprehendible alien intelligence.

“I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create evil. I the Lord do all these things.”
The lockdown finishes Friday, right?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You must have been out of the country when the LGBTQ community amped up over his “teachings” during the SSM non-binding vote and his innumerous tweets and instagrams detailing what special treatment the sinners get.

Infer his guilt? So in the absence of a complaint to ADNSW he didn’t offend, incite hatred etc ? On the balance of probability I’d say hell yeah he did.
By the same logic, your reaction to his words incites hatred of Christians; themselves a protected category. Your right to swing your fist ends at the other man's nose, but words will never hurt him.

You must have been out of the country when the LGBTQ community amped up over his “teachings” during the SSM non-binding vote and his innumerous tweets and instagrams detailing what special treatment the sinners get.

Infer his guilt? So in the absence of a complaint to ADNSW he didn’t offend, incite hatred etc ? On the balance of probability I’d say hell yeah he did.

Na I was here.

So if he's guilty, I presume that numerous priests / rabbis / imams are also guilty? I'm an atheist, and disagree with a lot of shit (like this) that various institutions peddle. I wouldn't stop them from saying it though, as long as they are sticking to their book, and are not trying to interefere with secular life.

Who should be allowed to play in the NRL? Who is the supreme arbiter of public morals?

Avenger

Immortal

Maybe he's just an app.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Who should be allowed to play in the NRL? Who is the supreme arbiter of public morals?

well the Dragons are allegedly losing members and sponsors and he has not even been ratified by the NRL as yet, so I guess the court of public opinion might have a say in the eventual outcome

Latest posts