What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

franklin2323

Immortal
I really like the move. Works well for both clubs. Stoked we’ve leveraged our depth to improve our 17. I think creating a shootout at right centre between Momo and Naden is a no lose situation and it frees May and Burton up to focus on the back row/utility roles.

I’d be in favour of starting Capewell on the right, Martin being our second bench prop and May and Burton rounding out the bench. May can play second row to give the starters a spell and Burton can give Yeo a spell and play a roving lock when things are a bit more open. If a prop goes down Yeo would need to shoulder more straight hit ups with Burton/May taking his role. It’s lighter weight but that’s the way the game is going.

Edwards, To’o, Crichton, Momo/Naden, Staines, Luai, Cleary, Fish, Api, Leota, Kikau, Capewell, Yeo, Burton, May, Leniu, Martin.
I think we’ve strengthened our 17 from 2020 and our depth is quite sufficient short of horrific tolls.

I don't think you can prepare for horrific tolls but we go 1 or 2 deep in every position a very young starting side which will improve. Very happy with the outcome of this off season

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Well guys, it’s been fun. Thank goodness this deal finally got done. We need a FB and you need a centre. Laurie wanted to come and Momirovski wanted to leave (as he was not going to start with us), shame he didn’t want to stay and fight. It’s so much better to have players that want to be at the club and deals that are the best tor the players concerned.Any idea on the finer details of the deal? Don’t forget the big difference between Momirovski and Naden is that Momo wants to get across the white line and Naden is just distracted by it! Okay, let’s now work on your FRF problem. Let’s do a swap with Packer for Crichton -both on very similar dollars. Sounds like a great idea? Good luck on winning the GF this year, we’ll see you there next year! Now I have to change my fantasy and Supercoach sides! This site is so much better than the Tigers one, congratulations and well done -especially that Silver Phantom guy!

Cheers DT, feel free to defect, all are welcome on the mighty Panthers band wagon.

franklin2323

Immortal
Mommers is miles ahead of Cini. He’s ready to go in 1st grade. Cini still has a fair bit of work to do and we wouldn’t have seen him in the NRL side this year.

This is 100% a better deal.

Ivan said he played May at centre over Naden because of defence and attack

Naden was off the pace due to struggling with bubble life but Mom. Ticks both those boxes. The fact he was training at 5/8th was good. He goal kicks too and added bonus.

Laurie was develop squad and 4th FB option. This suits both sides very well

franklin2323

Immortal
Well guys, it’s been fun. Thank goodness this deal finally got done. We need a FB and you need a centre. Laurie wanted to come and Momirovski wanted to leave (as he was not going to start with us), shame he didn’t want to stay and fight. It’s so much better to have players that want to be at the club and deals that are the best tor the players concerned.Any idea on the finer details of the deal? Don’t forget the big difference between Momirovski and Naden is that Momo wants to get across the white line and Naden is just distracted by it! Okay, let’s now work on your FRF problem. Let’s do a swap with Packer for Crichton -both on very similar dollars. Sounds like a great idea? Good luck on winning the GF this year, we’ll see you there next year! Now I have to change my fantasy and Supercoach sides! This site is so much better than the Tigers one, congratulations and well done -especially that Silver Phantom guy!

Get in on Laurie before his price goes up

I really like the move. Works well for both clubs. Stoked we’ve leveraged our depth to improve our 17. I think creating a shootout at right centre between Momo and Naden is a no lose situation and it frees May and Burton up to focus on the back row/utility roles.

I’d be in favour of starting Capewell on the right, Martin being our second bench prop and May and Burton rounding out the bench. May can play second row to give the starters a spell and Burton can give Yeo a spell and play a roving lock when things are a bit more open. If a prop goes down Yeo would need to shoulder more straight hit ups with Burton/May taking his role. It’s lighter weight but that’s the way the game is going.

Edwards, To’o, Crichton, Momo/Naden, Staines, Luai, Cleary, Fish, Api, Leota, Kikau, Capewell, Yeo, Burton, May, Leniu, Martin.
I think we’ve strengthened our 17 from 2020 and our depth is quite sufficient short of horrific tolls.

I know the game is getting faster, but that’s too light a bench for mine. May, Burton and Martin as a prop is very light. We had enormous success with a big bench in 2020, I don’t see the game changing that much in one off season. Our best team was actually the one with 3 big props on the bench.

betcats

Referee
Mom seems like more of the style of centre Ivan wants with him playing a bit of half and if he is good defensively cleary will love that. Naden will play plenty of games as the next guy in line, he can play right or left and he’s a better winger than centre so he would be covering all four outside back spots. Having this quality depth gives us time to wait for Turuva or one of the others to really demand to be picked and even then they will have to wait for an injury.

GongPanther

Referee
Like many, he was a dickhead on the sauce. But yes, most definitely underrated as a player. I remember him giving Andrew Johns an absolute bath in Newcastle in 2003. Not many managed that. And still they won't give him his award.
"The Helicopter* stunt during a bonding SOO drinking session.

Mom seems like more of the style of centre Ivan wants with him playing a bit of half and if he is good defensively cleary will love that. Naden will play plenty of games as the next guy in line, he can play right or left and he’s a better winger than centre so he would be covering all four outside back spots. Having this quality depth gives us time to wait for Turuva or one of the others to really demand to be picked and even then they will have to wait for an injury.

If Staines is a big hit and moves to Fullback, it’ll open up a wing spot for Naden, which is where he’s more suited. Although that would be very unlikely this year, unless there’s an big injury to Edwards.

GongPanther

Referee
How about we swap the entire squads and coaching staff?