What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Staggs quoted today as saying he only wants to play for the broncos.
I'm a bit off him to be honest. Coming back from an ACL, not the greatest defensive centre, wants way too much. It would be stupid to waste that much money on a centre. I'd pass and concentrate on what we have or mid tier centre that we could use until a capable junior like Penisini or Russell is ready.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm a bit off him to be honest. Coming back from an ACL, not the greatest defensive centre, wants way too much. It would be stupid to waste that much money on a centre. I'd pass and concentrate on what we have or mid tier centre that we could use until a capable junior like Penisini or Russell is ready.

I agree. I wouldn't pay more then 500k for a centre.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You don't need great centres. Last year's premiers might have the cheapest centres in the NRL. On the other hand, the other great team of this era prefers fairly expensive centres.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He definitely could stay at the Broncs....but i remember Tahu said he would also never go to Rugby.
While players are still at a club they'll be under pressure to demonstrate commitment, even if it's just empty words. If he really only wanted to play for the Broncos he'd take whatever they've offered.

Bandwagon

Staff member
The upside to signing Staggs would be the Donkeys losing a fair bit in attack, which is worth something.

Though him doing his ACL is a much cheaper way of going about it.

Glenneel

Bench
Staggs quoted today as saying he only wants to play for the broncos.
We've got Will Penisini(?) in our juniors as a promising centre. Would prefer we pay him to play NRL than spend $600-800k on a player who is only here for the money. Would cost squillions less too.

chiefy1

Juniors
We've got Will Penisini(?) in our juniors as a promising centre. Would prefer we pay him to play NRL than spend $600-800k on a player who is only here for the money. Would cost squillions less too.

I'm not having a dig at ba, but who when was the last decent centre that came through the system to play fg ??

chiefy1

Juniors
I'm not having a dig at ba, but who when was the last decent centre that came through the system to play fg ??

I'm going to have a crack @ answering my own question here, I think the last centre that came through our system was Ryan Morgan who debut in 2011, meaning it's more than 10 years since the club produced a locally grown, or young imported centre who came through to play FG. Pau Pau would know for sure..
20210216_094551.jpg

Happy MEel

First Grade
I'm going to have a crack @ answering my own question here, I think the last centre that came through our system was Ryan Morgan who debut in 2011, meaning it's more than 10 years since the club produced a locally grown, or young imported centre who came through to play FG. Pau Pau would know for sure..
View attachment 45974
Cheyse Blair debuted with us in 2012, although he was a Roosters Junior.

Delboy

First Grade
It’s possibly worth repeating, the junior pathways were in a mess after several coaches lacked real interest, When BA returned he started to revamp the structure in 2015, those 14/15 year old players that were basically the start of the process are the ones now coming into grade.

Latest posts