What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

TheParraboy

Staff member
How about Kyle Mayers getting a double hundred on debut in a big 4th innings chase?

Outstanding achievement. Like most cricket fans I’ve got a soft spot for the West Indies so hopefully he can go on with it and become a top player.

No bad for a 28yo

Before this test debut, had a FC average of 28.93 from 32 matches

Bazal

Post Whore
Fifth highest successfully run chase ever too?

Pretty remarkable. Interesting to see where he goes from here, the Windies have a lot of guys with talent but they just can't seem to unlock it. A fourth innings double hundred in the sub continent is a massive achievement for any player, so clearly he has ability even though he only averages 29.

Highly likely the Bangladesh attack is the best he's faced given the decline of Windies cricket. Maybe that will kick him into gear, or maybe he'll be another one with one or two huge career highs amongst a lot of dross

undertaker

Coach
How about Kyle Mayers getting a double hundred on debut in a big 4th innings chase?

Outstanding achievement. Like most cricket fans I’ve got a soft spot for the West Indies so hopefully he can go on with it and become a top player.

Irrespective of whatever the conditions were like, chasing down 395 after being 3/59 at one stage is no small achievement in test match cricket.

It was the 5th highest successful 4th innings chase in test match history:

http://www.howstat.com/cricket/statistics/Matches/MatchRunChasesHighest.asp

Regarding Kyle Mayers, I too do hope he can flourish in the test team. However, given all the problems WICB have had over the past decade regarding retaining players in the national West Indies squad due to contract issues and players wanting to participate in various T20 competitions around the world, we'll have to wait and see.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Highest scores on debut
Tip Foster ENG 287
Jacques Rudolph SA 222*
Lawrence Rowe WI 214
Matthew Sinclair NZ 214
Kyle Mayers WI 210*
Brendan Kuruppu SL 201*

Apart from Rowe (who also scored a century in the 2nd innings on this debut and a triple later in his career) the guys on this list aren't really Household names.*

Although the 12th man did mention Brendan Kangaroopoo.

Additional fun fact: Lawrence Rowe was allergic to grass.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Highest scores on debut
Tip Foster ENG 287
Jacques Rudolph SA 222*
Lawrence Rowe WI 214
Matthew Sinclair NZ 214
Kyle Mayers WI 210*
Brendan Kuruppu SL 201*

Apart from Rowe (who also scored a century in the 2nd innings on this debut and a triple later in his career) the guys on this list aren't really Household names.*

Although the 12th man did mention Brendan Kangaroopoo.

Additional fun fact: Lawrence Rowe was allergic to grass.
Must of been tough for Rowe living in the West Indies.

JJ

Immortal
Rowe was an enigma, in a smaller way Sinclair too, two doubles and a brilliant big 100 in RSA...

Great win for the Windies, and what a debut!!

TheParraboy

Staff member
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/faf-du-plessis-retires-from-test-cricket-1252080

'Time is right to walk into a new chapter' - Faf du Plessis retires from Test cricket
"Making T20 cricket the priority in the short-term" keeping in mind the two World Cups, he says

299037.4.jpg

Faf du Plessis, the former South Africa captain, has retired from Test cricket after 69 appearances in the format. With no Test cricket in the immediate future for South Africa, du Plessis wants to "walk into a new chapter" and focus his energies and attention primarily on T20 cricket, keeping in mind the two World Cups scheduled in 2021 and 2022.

"It has been a year of refinement in the fire for us all. Uncertain were the times, but they brought clarity for me in many respects. My heart is clear and the time is right to walk into a new chapter. It has been an honour to play for my country in all the formats of the game, but the time has come for me to retire from Test cricket," du Plessis said in a statement posted on his Instagram account. "If someone had told me 15 years ago, that I would play 69 Test matches for South Africa and captain the side, I wouldn't have believed them.

JJ

Immortal
Never liked Faf much, but a good leader...

shame for Puc, he’s having Brett Papworth level luck atm

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Fap De Penis was a merkin, but he always seemed to save his best for us.

Good player and leader he’ll be another loss for a struggling side.

Bazal

Post Whore
I like Faf tbh.

Yeah he's a cheat, but apart from Cricket Australia and Indian trolls no one cares about a little ball tampering. Dude has starch. And that rig....ooooof

TheParraboy

Staff member
This will be interesting

Ban Australia from any international cricket for 12 months :p

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02...-cricket-australia-decision-on-tests/13174988

Cricket South Africa submits formal complaint to ICC over Cricket Australia's decision to not play Test series

Australia got its facts wrong when it made a "unilateral" decision to cancel a cricket tour to South Africa because of COVID-19, the acting head of the South African board says.

Stavros Nicolaou said on Friday that Cricket South Africa was left "puzzled" by Cricket Australia's decision two weeks ago to not travel for a three-Test series next month.

He reiterated that South Africa had submitted a formal complaint to the International Cricket Council over Australia's cancellation.

At the time of pulling out, the Australians said South Africa was at the "peak" of a second wave of coronavirus infections and had a "more virulent strain" of the virus.

Both points were incorrect, Cricket South Africa interim board chairman Nicolaou said during a conference call with reporters.

"We were very confused with that statement and we are still unpacking that statement with our Australian counterparts," Nicolaou said.

"We definitely don't agree."

Although South Africa's second wave of virus infections peaked in January, it had subsided significantly by the time Australia announced it was cancelling on February 2, Nicolaou said.

He added that Australia didn't give South Africa a chance to clarify the local situation before taking "a unilateral decision."

Bazal

Post Whore
Haha good luck with that, Jaarpies.

Complaining about a side being cautious over travelling in a pandemic. Right

Latest posts