What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Cowboys

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Some observations about tonights great win;
Macca: Had a great game, I can see why we bought him. One thing he allows is for Hunt or Norman to have a crack at the line late in the count knowing he can take the last tackle option if need be.
Fuimaono: Real find at lock, ripped in tonight. If he can keep the errors down he will kill it for us.
Alvaro: Great addition, he was probably our best prop tonight, we have a great balance now, Molo will add a lot too next year.
Lomax: Looks as though he's been given instruction to keep the errors down, there were times usually he would jump up and attack a ball, or get a flick pass away where he pulled back a bit. This will probably lessen his impact at the start but should help him immensely if he can get his errors down and learn to pick his moments better.
Kerr: He is growing into second row, willing to give him another month.
Townsville heat: This game was a great one for match fitness, the Gong against Manly will seem a cakewalk, if we hold the ball next week we will win and win well.

blacksafake

First Grade
Good & at times gutsy win.
They should get some confidence out of that moving forward. Besides the obvious in Hunt there were some big efforts from others such as McCullough, Fui, Alvaro, Rava, Merrin, Zac & even Norman had his moments.
It’ll be interesting to see how they backup next week after such a quick game in oppressive conditions.

This Year?

Immortal
We normally lose them see sawing games.
I was expecting us to fade especially in the last 20 mins. Watching us defend 3 line dropouts and the dropsies inside our 40 gave me hope. That showed to me the character and culture our coach is trying to instil in this team. I know people will think "it's only the Cowboys", but we have lost many games from that position before and I'm chuffed.

kit66

Bench
Good & at times gutsy win.
They should get some confidence out of that moving forward. Besides the obvious in Hunt there were some big efforts from others such as McCullough, Fui, Alvaro, Rava, Merrin, Zac & even Norman had his moments.
It’ll be interesting to see how they backup next week after such a quick game in oppressive conditions.

Short turnaround too but it'll be on home soil and a cooler night in the Gong. I think Hook's bench rotation will help too, he had Alvaro playing longer minutes ( 50 ) this week than the starting props so Vaughan and Lawrie played less than 40 minutes each. No wasted bodies on the bench either playing 5 minutes or none.

Latest posts