What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milford

davi

Juniors
No fan of the Dragons, but that is just cruel. I don’t mind McCulloch as he is a hard worker, Ben Hunt has had the expectation of that massive contract ( the dragons offered him that and Hunt would have been crazy to knock it back)) As an Eels fan was happy to see Norman shown the door and theDragons not only pick him up but also agree to pay out this crazy Parra contract. As for Milford, well I have let my feelings about him known. You could not be that cruel to one one club, maybe the Dogs though. Sorry Timmah.

I tend not completely blame it all on the Dragons. The Dragons were traveling fine and it all came to halt when Gareth Widdop suddenly wanted to be released from his contract on sentimental grounds. Dragons then acquired Norman to eventually replace Widdop, but it didn't work as Norman wasn't a patch on Widdop nor was he good a fit.

Widdop then later shopping himself to NRL clubs including the Dragons after wanting to be released again from his contract in UK superleague. Left everyone including the Dragons shaking theirs heads thinking 'Gareth do you know what your doing?'.

Last edited:

hrundi99

First Grade
I tend not completely blame it all on the Dragons. The Dragons were traveling fine and it all came to halt when Gareth Widdop suddenly wanted to be released from his contract on cemental grounds. Dragons then acquired Norman to eventually replace Widdop, but it didn't work as Norman wasn't a patch on Widdop nor was he good a fit.

Widdop then later shopping himself to NRL clubs including the Dragons after wanting to be released again from his contract in UK superleague. Left everyone including the Dragons shaking theirs heads thinking 'Gareth do you know what your doing?'.

"cemental" grounds?

Last edited:

DeeJ

Bench
We never really did replace Ben Hunt, instead we expected Milford to be a halfback and a 5/8.

I often think this is an overlooked thing with the Broncos the last few seasons. Milford is literally playing two positions because he is the only decent kicking option. When Boyd was plodding at 5/8th and Milf was fullback, he was effectively playing 3 positions.

Hopefully Tom Dearden can step up and take the pressure off Milf, but I'd want him to be on a smaller contract for the next few years if he resigns.

_Johnsy

Referee
I think there could be 2 options. He needs to feel homesick to actually have a dig and play something that resembles footy, or Brisbane is now where you go to kill you're career.

Knight76

Juniors
Absolute plod, plays like he couldn't give a stuff and no doubt trains like it.

Carrying too many cheeseburgers and it shows.

Last game where he got the ball out wide, had the D on the back foot in two minds and he just shovels it to the winger was just peak not giving a stuff. He should have put the foot down and ran through the gap, then passed to the outside man.

But, some other club, no doubt will think they can solve the riddle, they can be the team he shines at. He won't though, but teams always think they can polish other teams turds!

Please, don't be my club.

Latest posts