What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Newcastle

FlameThrower

Bench
Something tells me we may miss Bird just as much as we miss Hunt. His physicality has been one of the bonuses this year so far. Would prefer Max F gets his spot, fingers crossed.
Real challenge just as the team was starting to click. That’s our luck, and that sux. We also don’t have an open door to the NRL HQ that grants us favours.

Crush

Coach
Should give Friz one on the nose for disloyalty.

He could at least have waited until he was sacked by Hook.

Long way to go, but I see a lot more in your game these days.

I still like Hunt, wonderful player, but not on a $1m a season. You’d be firing with Douhie and a few marquee.
:rolling_eyes:

jeffdragon

Bench
If bird and hunt were in id be very confident.
Still hopefully without them
Knights backs aren't the worry its the forwards running which will bother us.
Pearce's short balls to barnett close to the line are one of the things we need to watch.

st.phil

Bench
If we keep the defence linked up and the forwards holding their own - think we have more points in us even w/o Hunt

If we keep the defence linked up and the forwards holding their own - think we have more points in us even w/o Hunt

We are currently ranked second on the Comp behind the Chooks for points scored this year.
Defence we are 12th so that’s a concern.
The strong defence of Bird and Hunt on that edge will be completely different against Knights so they should target that area in our line.
Possession is the key to this game. We need 55% of the ball to win as that will make there big guys do extra defence. Dragons by 6.
If Knights get 55% of possession then they win by 14.

kit66

Bench
Our main focus should be their forward pack who have had it over us for a couple of years led by Klemmer ( has he lost against us ? ) who has dominated our guys lately. Norman's boot was a contributing factor to our win last week and along with Clune he needs to turn the Newie pack around all night, make them work it back up field and defend like crazy. I want to see Klemmer dropped every time.
Make Pearce make 100 tackles too, keep him quiet and put him under a lot of pressure when he kicks - put him down too.
I'd be tempted to replace Bird with Max Feagai who hits harder in defence than Williame - leave Williame on the bench.
Clune got 4 try assists and 3 line break assists in reggies last Sunday so hopefully he plays strongly in this game - he'd want to impress because Hunt could be out for a while and this is his big opportunity to get ahead of Bud.

Spazer

Juniors
Green in for newcastle makes our chances of winning significantly lower. I'm still hoping we get the win over them though. Shibs moved to centre so we can't rely on him throwing the game for them. If i remember correctly Lomax dominated tuala last time they met so hoping for a repeat there.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Clune proved last year he’ll fit in & do the job but Williame has big shoes to fill Bird has been playing great. I like 4 forwards on the bench if we win it’ll be through the middle.

Latest posts