What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R4 Thu - Manly 6-46 Penrith @ Lottoland

Round 4: Manly v Penrith

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
No. 74 is the highest. However, Manly's 70 points (to 7) in 1973 against us at our home ground would have been 84 to 8 under the current scoring.
Was at that match. Been waiting 48 years for that loss to be avenged. But I doubt any side in this modern era would have the energy to amass a win by 76 points.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Whilst I doubt any of the 3 long odds games will produce an upset, I would think one of them will at least be competitive. Even missing Tommy T on paper Manly shouldn’t be nearly as horrible as their performances have been. They made a game of it with Souths and I’d hope they can do the same here. Panthers by 14.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Ill be amazed if the the Panthers don't put on a a cricket score. Eagles backline is absolutely woeful in defence...

Penrith by 44

shear_joy9

Coach
Whilst I doubt any of the 3 long odds games will produce an upset, I would think one of them will at least be competitive. Even missing Tommy T on paper Manly shouldn’t be nearly as horrible as their performances have been. They made a game of it with Souths and I’d hope they can do the same here. Panthers by 14.

they played souths in the pouring rain at brooky. That was the only factor stopping souths winning by 50+

84 Baby

Referee
The 50 point thread being required tonight is going
giphy-downsized.gif

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The only question to be answered is if Penrith can score enough points to glue Manly to the bottom of the ladder for most of the season. Might wanna warm up the 50 point thread actually.

blaza88z

Coach
This is vintage Des Hasler territory, nobody expects Manly to win, Penrith are 10's on with the bookies..

The_Frog

First Grade
This is vintage Des Hasler territory, nobody expects Manly to win, Penrith are 10's on with the bookies..
It comes down to treating opponents with respect, regardless of position on the table. Manly were guilty of failing to do this on several occasions when the positions were reversed.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
looking at the supercoach h2hs this week penrith scoring 9 tries but only converting 2 of them with to'o scoring 5 on one side and staines catching a cold on the other is very likely

Grapple

Bench
everything and everyone says penrith by a lot, and i sure don't think manly will win, but i'm taking manly at the line +18.5.

blaza88z

Coach
everything and everyone says penrith by a lot, and i sure don't think manly will win, but i'm taking manly at the line +18.5.

Yeah I agree, you'd have to have balls like church bells to take Manly to win but Penrith with a few injuries, tough game last week

BxTom

Bench
I'm with you. I have this anxiety no joke where I never feel comfortable that we will win, even during that insane streak last year. It probably explains why I came to terms of the GF loss really quickly, like on the way home that night quickly.
We do have a history of losing the easy ones, but I think we will get the 2 points by more than 2 points.

BxTom

Bench
My biggest regret about this match is that Rex Mossop isn't alive to see it.
One of the funniest quotes I ever saw was from the Moose;

He also became embroiled in leading protests against attempts to establish a nude beach near his home on Sydney's North Shore, making a citizen's arrest of one underdressed sunbather and coming up with one of his classic later quotes when he declared that genitalia, male or female, should not be shoved down the public's throats

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ve-him-or-loathe-him-commentator-2314606.html