What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R4 Thu - Manly 6-46 Penrith @ Lottoland

Round 4: Manly v Penrith

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
their problems are all self imposed, it has nothing to do with the rules. Only the most delusional of fans would have picked any of those sides to make the 8 at the start of the season any way.

I'm not sure you are understanding what I'm saying.

I'm not saying the rules are the reason those teams are shit, I'm saying the rules accentuates the gulf between the haves and have nots and that is the reason for more floggings and that is objectively true.

If you dont see that as an issue and that the shit teams just need to be better then that's fine. Personally, I can't imagine the NRL are pleased with the result and would prefer more close contests and teams staying in contention longer as that all leads to better crowds, TV ratings etc.

GongPanther

Referee
tenor.gif
The Life Of Brian sequel is "The Welease Of Wodger!"

GongPanther

Referee
Kikau gives me nightmares. The same kind I had as a 10 yr old playing Doonside and having to tackle a kid 3x my size.
The days before player registration when I was playing under 14's. The opposition players in some teams were sporting beards, and hopping out of their own cars. lol. Boy did we cop some latherings. Strange thing was, none of our club officials would step in to concede.

The_Frog

First Grade
their problems are all self imposed, it has nothing to do with the rules. Only the most delusional of fans would have picked any of those sides to make the 8 at the start of the season any way.
Manly could be a half decent side if they do something about their right edge defence. Five or six of the eight tries they conceded were down that side. They did get into the arm wrestle for a large part of the game when they had a good share of possession.

GongPanther

Referee
Every Panthers player runs and tackles like their life depends on it. Definitely premiership favourites at this stage and with Storm and Roosters on the slide they have arguably less competition this year.
The only opposition a team has, is themselves.

Yes I think so. He didn't hate the Panthers like the Moose did though. Not so much hate as considered us unworthy and insignificant. He certainly thought travelling to Penrith to call a game was an imposition.

I remember Mossop saying in the Major Semi Final game between Penrith and Canberra in 1990 that he wouldn’t travel the distance it takes to get to Penrith on his holidays.

Latest posts