What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Papenhuyzen be better than Slater?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’d say papa is ahead of slater at the same age! If he goes on to match his career only time will tell.

davi

Juniors
Papi ain’t playing fullback for nsw unless something happens to teddy.

I'm thinking exactly the same thing. It's really going to be hard to compare Will Papenhuyzen with Billy Slater if he's not playing State of origin at fullback and testing his wares against the best in the world. James Tedesco is now captain and will continue with Boyd Cordner's future up in the air. Dislodging a captain particularly the best fullback in the game which is Tedesco is a very high bar to jump in my opinion.

The_Frog

First Grade
I'm thinking exactly the same thing. It's really going to be hard to compare Will Papenhuyzen with Billy Slater if he's not playing State of origin at fullback and testing his wares against the best in the world. James Tedesco is now captain and will continue with Boyd Cordner's future up in the air. Dislodging a captain particularly the best fullback in the game which is Tedesco is a very high bar to jump in my opinion.
Slater had to wait a couple of years to get the Origin fullback gig, no reason Pap can't too. Slater would have had to wait much longer if Lockyer hadn't moved to 5/8. Tedesco is 28 and at the peak of his powers, I'll give him another 3 years in the NSW side. Like Slater, Pap will probably play wing before he gets the 1, although whether he's a better winger than some of those who play there every week is doubtful.

Last edited:

Sphagnum

Coach
Slater had to wait a couple of years to get the Origin fullback gig, no reason Pap can't too. Slater would have had to wait much longer if Lockyer hadn't moved to 5/8. Tedesco is 28 and at the peak of his powers, I'll give him another 3 years in the NSW side. Like Slater, Pap will probably play wing before he gets the 1, although whether he's a better winger than some of those who play there every week is doubtful.
Even the winger at his own club is better than him. Addo-carr is pretty handy too.