What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Aragorn

First Grade
The Butterfly effect

Weird film, but good to re-watched. Ashton Kushers' acting was good for once.

7/10

Aragorn

First Grade
Which ending did you have?

I feel the original ending is super impactful whereas the newer ending is absolute shit.

Everything reverses, like it never happened and he bumps into her on the street in the future...

what’s the other ending?...

Aragorn

First Grade

It is depressing but impactful and really makes the movies much better IMO.

You prefer this ending???? That’s depressing as f**k.

No way, I much prefer he bumps into her as a stranger. It feels so much more mysterious and less melancholy. To have never existed in life almost makes the film pointless

Jono078

Referee
You prefer this ending???? That’s depressing as f**k.

No way, I much prefer he bumps into her as a stranger. It feels so much more mysterious and less melancholy. To have never existed in life almost makes the film pointless
Yeah it's depressing as f**k, but it fits the grim tone of the movie.

Anyway good for you if you enjoyed the other ending, I think the original is better.

Mark B

Juniors
I will apologise to you in advance as I thought at first that your post was some sort of silly protest in regards to a "freak" movie accident. I vaguely remember hearing about it but had no idea of the details.
I did some reading. It was far from a "freak" accident. This guy is an absolute piece of shit human. His film credits should have taken a deep dive after "Twlight Zone" ....that guy should have never got a directing job ever again. Quite incredible that he was acquitted...money talks.
Im with you, I won't pay a dollar or see his stuff on a netflix like program again.
Thanks brother. I have done quite a bit of research into the subject. Even visited the sight of the crash in 2019. Area has not been used for Filming in over 30 years. Wish I had purchased a machete. The area was so over grown. All the areas behind it which back onto six flags are being developed at a rapid rate. What got me was the simplicity of the explosions. Used paint tins filled will fuel and a light bulb attached to the bottom of the paint tin. And a simple car battery was the power source with it attached to a piece of wood with nails that in turn had wires attached to the light bulbs of the paints tins. Just had to touch the live wire from the car battery to the nails and boom. What was shown in their case is that it was highly probable the lid on an explosive dive took out the rear rotor of the Huey. Once that rear rotor is not working the chopper is uncontrollable which resulted in the going out of control and landing on Vic and the two kids. Landis kept on insisting the chopper go lower and lower which put it in very dangerous territory. It is a fascinating case. Not to mention the crash happened at about 2am. Child actors were not to work past 9pm or similar. Checking Landis’s IMBD he did not go very far after this episode.

mongoose

Coach
Blackhat - Chris Hemsworth Hacker action/thriller. Decent but could have been better. It's overly long and the plot is all over the place. Has some typical Michal Mann (Heat) action set pieces which are always well done.

nöyd

Staff member
Showed my daughter another 80's classic - Summer School, with pre-NCIS Mark Harmon, and that Kirstie Alley person-thing.

Did a bit of searching afterward and seen that the soundtrack was produced by Danny Elfman.

Mark B

Juniors
Showed my daughter another 80's classic - Summer School, with pre-NCIS Mark Harmon, and that Kirstie Alley person-thing.

Did a bit of searching afterward and seen that the soundtrack was produced by Danny Elfman.

Remember that film from back in the day. Very nostalgic to watch it again. The two students who were into horror movies were classic. It was very much a comedy with some social issues such as teen pregnancy etc thrown in. Good flick.

f**king brilliant

Better call Sal on steroids

Great. I was hoping someone in here had watched it. Catching it tomorrow. I haven’t seen one single episode of Better Call Saul though? Or Breaking Bad for that matter! I do like Odenkirk when I’ve seen him though.

Im sure it’ll be fine.

I’ll have to dig it out to re watch.

I watched a similar film called The Whoopee Boys recently. I laughed my arse off but the missus was wtf.

I need to find a copy of Combat Academy and The Malibu Bikini Shop for old times sake.

Aragorn

First Grade
Great. I was hoping someone in here had watched it. Catching it tomorrow. I haven’t seen one single episode of Better Call Saul though? Or Breaking Bad for that matter! I do like Odenkirk when I’ve seen him though.

Im sure it’ll be fine.

I had no idea what to expect going into it

So my expectations was low

Mind f**king Blown.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Godzilla vs Kong. 1st time going to a theatre since January ‘20, and it was a good one to see on the big screen.
Dumb but I loved the monster action.

Side note for any Star Wars fans, I get now why people have suggested Millie Bobby Brown to play a young Leia in a SW project. She looks so much like a young Carrie Fisher it’s uncanny. Not sure about her acting ability (based off this) but looks wise, I’d be up for it.

nöyd

Staff member
I’ll have to dig it out to re watch.

I watched a similar film called The Whoopee Boys recently. I laughed my arse off but the missus was wtf.

I need to find a copy of Combat Academy and The Malibu Bikini Shop for old times sake.

I got Combat Academy confused with Up the Academy which was directed by Robert Downey Sr. and presented by MAD Magazine. Came off as very low budget but it tickled my low brow sense of humour. Pre-Outsiders/Karate Kid Ralph Macchio, and Ron Leibman who was so embarrassed he had his name removed completely from the credits and promo material.

What I remember most from Up The Academy was the Major (Leibman) telling an Arab student who was wearing a turban that he "stood out like a turd in a punchbowl", later in the film there is a disco/dance, which inevitably had a punchbowl that someone left an actual turd in. "Hey look! Someone left a turd in the punchbowl!"

I told you it was low brow.

soc123_au

Staff member
Sticking to my theme of watching movies most people saw 10+ years ago, Slumdog millionaire.

For some reason I thought it was a comedy & probably why I never went out of my way to watch it before. It certainly has it's lighter moments & offers a few good laughs, but it had a lot of the darker things I wasn't expecting. Overall I thought it was great.