What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

azzah72

Bench
Eddie was the king of the 80’s, but what really threw me off even the original ( will not watch the sequel) is that it was directed by John Landis. Landis had the world at his feet, The Blues Brothers etc then he uses his wealth and power to get his arse out of the ringer after the chopper crash which killed Vic Morrow and the two child actors whilst filming his segment of the the Twilight Zone in 1982. Pure arrogance and total scum bag behaviour on his behalf. Never watched another Landis movie since, including the original Coming to America which was filmed six years after the Indian Dunes chopper crash.
There’s a really good book called Outrageous Conduct, Art, Ego and the Twilight Zone Case. Still pick it up on Amazon or EBay, but shows what a douche with cash can get away with.

I have read the book and couldn't agree more.

It also seems his son has followed in his footsteps a bit in general douchbaggery

Inside Man (2006) directed by Spike Lee.

Has a cracking cast of Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, Jodie Foster, Christopher Plummer, Willem Dafoe and Chiwetel Ejiofor

Inside_Man_%28film_poster%29.jpg

The movie starts with narration by Clive Owen about how he committed the perfect robbery of a Manhattan bank in New York. Washington and Ejiofor are the detectives on the case and in charge of negotiations with the robbers over their hostages, Plummer is the Chairman of the board of director of the bank, Foster the lawyer hired as a behind the scenes bargainer between the board and the robbers, whilst Dafoe is the head of the special operations unit.

I caught this on Foxtel and it is an incredibly good film with enough to keep you guessing about what happened and who was actually involved and what the aim of the robbery was.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good thriller/who dunnit.

Wizardman

First Grade
Eddie was the king of the 80’s, but what really threw me off even the original ( will not watch the sequel) is that it was directed by John Landis. Landis had the world at his feet, The Blues Brothers etc then he uses his wealth and power to get his arse out of the ringer after the chopper crash which killed Vic Morrow and the two child actors whilst filming his segment of the the Twilight Zone in 1982. Pure arrogance and total scum bag behaviour on his behalf. Never watched another Landis movie since, including the original Coming to America which was filmed six years after the Indian Dunes chopper crash.
There’s a really good book called Outrageous Conduct, Art, Ego and the Twilight Zone Case. Still pick it up on Amazon or EBay, but shows what a douche with cash can get away with.
I will apologise to you in advance as I thought at first that your post was some sort of silly protest in regards to a "freak" movie accident. I vaguely remember hearing about it but had no idea of the details.
I did some reading. It was far from a "freak" accident. This guy is an absolute piece of shit human. His film credits should have taken a deep dive after "Twlight Zone" ....that guy should have never got a directing job ever again. Quite incredible that he was acquitted...money talks.
Im with you, I won't pay a dollar or see his stuff on a netflix like program again.

PJ

First Grade
Possessor. Meh. Could have been an interesting premise, but if they had these capabilities the way they go about their job seems needlessly elaborate.

Mark B

Juniors
I will apologise to you in advance as I thought at first that your post was some sort of silly protest in regards to a "freak" movie accident. I vaguely remember hearing about it but had no idea of the details.
I did some reading. It was far from a "freak" accident. This guy is an absolute piece of shit human. His film credits should have taken a deep dive after "Twlight Zone" ....that guy should have never got a directing job ever again. Quite incredible that he was acquitted...money talks.
Im with you, I won't pay a dollar or see his stuff on a netflix like program again.
Around the area where the crash occurred is now under going major developments for housing etc. Such an unusual area in the desert. The area has the Santa Clara river that runs through it and must have quite a substantial underground water source that feeds it. Anyway, back in 2019, I actually travelled over there and had a scout around the area. Even though I despise most things greenies do, they have managed to keep the area around the river including the chopper crash area protected. I went onto the ground around 6am, it was a great day weather wise, but I wish I had a machete to get through most of the bush along the river. It is very over grown these days with scrubby bush. They stopped using it as a film location in 1990. Was able to get some great photos. The A Team, Airwolf, Dukes of Hazzard are among a few that were filmed on the old Indian Dunes Ranch back in the day. Apart from what runs along the the river, a lot of the land including some massive Mesa’s are being bulldozed now. They plan on building at least 21000 dwellings in the area over the next 15 to 20 years.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Watched Mad Max: Fury Road again tonight. While I would agree that it wasn't everybody's cup of tea, I absolutely loved every minute of it.
When I think about it, , the movie had everything going against it being a success at the time....no Mel Gibson, made a long time after the trilogy, living up to the first two movies.....yet it absolutely delivered in spades.
It successfully created a whole new world of insanity, the Furiosa character took the movie to a level of excellence, great emotion through the movie and the final car chase is simply the best one ever put on film.

I still have Mad Max 2 in front as the best of the series but this slots easily into second place. Big achievement considering how much I adore the original.

Incredible film....5 out of 5.

Last edited:

Mark B

Juniors
Watched Mad Max: Fury Road again tonight. While I would agree that it wasn't everybody's cup of tea, I absolutely loved every minute of it.
When I think about it, , the movie had everything going against it being a success at the time....no Mel Gibson, made a long time after the trilogy, living up to the first two movies.....yet it absolutely delivered in spades.
It successfully created a whole new world of insanity, the Furiosa character took the movie to a level of excellence, great emotion through the movie and the final car chase is simply the best one ever put on film.

I still have Mad Max 2 in front as the best of the series but this slots easily into second place. Big achievement considering how much I adore the original.

Incredible film....5 out of 5.
Agreed. From the moment it started it was just action. My only complaint was it was a bit women’s Libby. But over all fantastic movie. Just a a little trivia, the scene where the war rig rolls at the end of the film to again bring down the rocks was filmed at the back of Penrith. I would have sworn it was in a desert location. Found a You Tube clip of the filming of it, and it was Penrith. Lots of cardboard boxes and massive green screens to obviously computer generate the desert look in editing.

Generalzod

Immortal
Inside Man (2006) directed by Spike Lee.

Has a cracking cast of Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, Jodie Foster, Christopher Plummer, Willem Dafoe and Chiwetel Ejiofor

Inside_Man_%28film_poster%29.jpg

The movie starts with narration by Clive Owen about how he committed the perfect robbery of a Manhattan bank in New York. Washington and Ejiofor are the detectives on the case and in charge of negotiations with the robbers over their hostages, Plummer is the Chairman of the board of director of the bank, Foster the lawyer hired as a behind the scenes bargainer between the board and the robbers, whilst Dafoe is the head of the special operations unit.

I caught this on Foxtel and it is an incredibly good film with enough to keep you guessing about what happened and who was actually involved and what the aim of the robbery was.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes a good thriller/who dunnit.
Great movie..

PJ

First Grade
Nobody 6. Poor man's John Wick or Hone Alone with guns, take your pick.

I wasn't expecting much except mindless fun. Nailed the mindless part, fun not so much.

Frederick

Staff member
Kong v Godzilla

Big dumb fun. Haven't seen any of the recent Kong or Godzilla movies but will do soon after seeing that one

PJ

First Grade
The Dry 7.5. Book is much better, left a lot of stuff out most likely through necessity.

Latest posts