What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
I know every day Joe and Jo's partake in the act of public sex, those people aren't likely to be filmed and then subsequently shared on social media to their detriment.

Public figures (whether I actually agree or not) are role models and the lack of punishment would show it is ok.

Personally I don't look up to any famous person, I can support them and fanboy out with the best of them but I don't necessarily think they are role models or influential in any way.

Ultimately it is irresponsible and some kind of sanction (just to tick a box) is probably fair, but I don't think a suspension is appropriate.

But it is OK. What is wrong with two young people doing what is natural, in a cubical away from peering eyes? They are guilty of no crime. Your prudishness is irrelevant in our society. Most people if it wasn't for the media making it a headline story to sell papers couldn't give a rats. Sorry, I get that they are held up as role models, but sex should not be made out to be something that anyone feel bad about, even if performed in a toilet.

It is not something the media should be turning on the participants for, but only pointing out that the person that filmed and distributed the footage is a lowlife and scumbag and should be brought to account. Take the stigma out of it, not fan it because it was done in a toilet. I guarantee a lot of these so called journos have done a lot worse when on the plonk.

As for kids looking up to the players, sure I get that, but if it is reported from the point of view that the camera and distributor of the footage is the offender here, then there would be no great issue. Kids are not dills, they take their queues from the way society behaves and responds to issues that happen. If we have a more liberal way of looking at things like this and understand that adults can behave impulsively at times that you may look back on later and think that that was a little wild but not harmful or disgusting as some people like to make out, then the they will too and it won't freak the little kiddies out one bit.

But it is OK. What is wrong with two young people doing what is natural, in a cubical away from peering eyes? They are guilty of no crime. Your prudishness is irrelevant in our society. Most people if it wasn't for the media making it a headline story to sell papers couldn't give a rats. Sorry, I get that they are held up as role models, but sex should not be made out to be something that anyone feel bad about, even if performed in a toilet.

It is not something the media should be turning on the participants for, but only pointing out that the person that filmed and distributed the footage is a lowlife and scumbag and should be brought to account. Take the stigma out of it, not fan it because it was done in a toilet. I guarantee a lot of these so called journos have done a lot worse when on the plonk.

As for kids looking up to the players, sure I get that, but if it is reported from the point of view that the camera and distributor of the footage is the offender here, then there would be no great issue. Kids are not dills, they take their queues from the way society behaves and responds to issues that happen. If we have a more liberal way of looking at things like this and understand that adults can behave impulsively at times that you may look back on later and think that that was a little wild but not harmful or disgusting as some people like to make out, then the they will too and it won't freak the little kiddies out one bit.
It should be treated similarly to evidence which is inadmissible because it was obtained unlawfully. There's a reason for the expression 'two wrongs don't make a right'.

T-Boon

Coach

Its the mens toilets man.
Women arent allowed in there.

T-Boon

Coach
I once had to dump in the toilets at Parra stadium at half time and it was a pretty bad one.

People were not happy.