What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
Unless Benny just said on NRL360 that he had dinner with Moses last night and he said he absolutely wants to stay, he loves it here and wants to be here.

benny said whilst he didn’t say it to him, if it was him he would 100% go to the market and maximise his coin as he’s in his peak period

Avenger

Immortal
Unless Benny just said on NRL360 that he had dinner with Moses last night and he said he absolutely wants to stay, he loves it here and wants to be here.

benny said whilst he didn’t say it to him, if it was him he would 100% go to the market and maximise his coin as he’s in his peak period
And you believe that ? Please !

Glenneel

Bench
Funny that you post this Gronk. My mail is that he is held in very high regard and it’s expected that he will force his way into our starting side.
My take is Perham will play a few reserve grade games (for BA to assess) and come into centres to replace Niukore and Peninisi will join him next year. Finally we'll have some speed in the centres.

Glenneel

Bench
Channel 7 are reporting that we are interested in signing Naden from the Panthers.
I think every agent mentions to the media that Parra are interested to bump up their price. They should realise we don't pay exorbitant money to players anymore since O'Neill came on board - and we're a better club for it and, if the recent signings are any indication - we're starting to pick the eyes out of the good junior talent around. Imo he is doing a fabulous job despite all the naysayers saying he was a bum signing when he was announced.

We're starting to go places, a stable club with a stable board and a good roster that needs minor tweaking to add some speed, if only BA had a plan to win the grand final. We can only hope that'll come together soon.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I think every agent mentions to the media that Parra are interested to bump up their price. They should realise we don't pay exorbitant money to players anymore since O'Neill came on board - and we're a better club for it and, if the recent signings are any indication - we're starting to pick the eyes out of the good junior talent around. Imo he is doing a fabulous job despite all the naysayers saying he was a bum signing when he was announced.

We're starting to go places, a stable club with a stable board and a good roster that needs minor tweaking to add some speed, if only BA had a plan to win the grand final. We can only hope that'll come together soon.
I kinda agree with most of that. I remain keen to understand our recent "purchase good young talent" policy specifically those that have NRL experience or obviously destined too. Sharp has gone. Was he holding us back in this regard? I'd suggest it's more than MON who is identifying these players. Maybe Kidwell who possibly didn't have a voice prior. Maybe Sharps replacement who is obviously working studiously behind the scenes. Maybe the Recruitment/Retention team collectively. Whatever it is I, like you, am mightily impressed. As much as I agree MON is doing a good job, I think there are more involved with this obvious improvement than him. Then again it could well be that MON is working towards improving the personnel in those positions. Sarintinos could be a quietly spoken mover and shaker and maybe we are seeing the development of a strong board.
Its a very clever way to manage a salary cap. These players ARE out there. Lots hiding in the shadows of poor coaching, poor culture, lack of opportunity and poor development. Identification is the key and we now seem to be improving in that area. We can't only rely on our own juniors and high priced, ready made recruits. Change is good.

Gronk

Staff member
My take is Perham will play a few reserve grade games (for BA to assess) and come into centres to replace Niukore and Peninisi will join him next year. Finally we'll have some speed in the centres.

Waqa Blake says hi. Unlikely that a rookie will overtake him for 2022. He's contracted for 2023, but we may be looking to move him on this time next year and pay some of his 2023 contract. Or he may elect to leave if he can get a few years elsewhere for 2023/4/5.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Waqa Blake says hi. Unlikely that a rookie will overtake him for 2022. He's contracted for 2023, but we may be looking to move him on this time next year and pay some of his 2023 contract. Or he may elect to leave if he can get a few years elsewhere for 2023/4/5.
Probably but if BA sees something in this new kid, particularly defensively, he's very capable of freezing someone out. Fui and Tim come to mind and there's probably others. I think he just stops talking to them. He's good at that.

TheRam

Coach
Its the mens toilets man.
Women arent allowed in there.

Like you've never gone into a woman's toilet. Besides, who's to say it wasn't unisex anyway? Also that makes her the offender not him. So are you saying she was just serving out her punishment and some imbecile filmed it?

Latest posts