What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs Knights

betcats

Referee
The right side went well tonight I thought. The whole team was frantic with the ball and a couple of those long passes hit the ground but they looked dangerous plenty of times and did a great job defensively.

chrisD

Coach
Besides Edwards the elusiveness of our outside backs was really wanting. There was so much time and space out there for them tonight but unless they got put over untouched or just had to fall on a ball they couldn't produce a thing.

Eisenhuth is taking the piss, he plays at like 60%. f**k him off please.

I hate Cleary's use of interchanges and bench.

Unlike Brisbane Newcastle were actually bad, we were just unimpressive besides the halves and JFH.

franklin2323

Immortal
not sure why you say that? I didn’t Critta did poor Charlie any favours.

The centre isn't the issue.
Starts inside that Cleary does the basics very well but doesn't have the x factor Luai does

Capewell/Martin run hard and good lines but again don't offload or pass like Kikau can.

Edwards was starting to get decent ball playing. Him with more games will get the right going.

Momo and Crichton tonight rarely get it one on one with the opposition centre. When that happens the attack will flow better

panthersam

Juniors
Nathan's ballplaying continues to improve. Where are all those "Nathan is a 9" guys now?

I said he'd be a Cronk clone years ago......he's going to be FAR more than that

I really like the pass he does where he shapes to drop a runner back on the inside and while still looking to do that he passes it out to the man on his outside, he has done it a few times in the last few weeks and very rarely can the defence read it.

betcats

Referee
I really like the pass he does where he shapes to drop a runner back on the inside and while still looking to do that he passes it out to the man on his outside, he has done it a few times in the last few weeks and very rarely can the defence read it.

Yep that’s such a nice play he’s brought into his game, it’s created space every time he’s done it.

Panfa

Juniors
Eisenhuth is a waste in the top 17 he needs to go give Sorensen a run.Kenny has done well but geez I miss Koroisau.Edwards was good tonight apart from that miss on the knights winger.

Kilkenny

Coach
Nice to be home after a month away in Perth.

Very good win, if a little impatient at times in attack. I thought the defence was terrific and the Knights tried very hard but we dominated them and probably should have won more comfortably.

Edwards being back was a big plus, he reads the game so well and his positioning is excellent able to take kicks on the full and bring the ball back with gusto.

age.s

First Grade
Staines defence need a mention as well. His decision making of when to jam in is fantastic. Obviously not something he'll do from fullback but f**k me he's switched on and can read a game

His speed is such an asset here. Gives the opposition way less time than they think they have. Sticking his tackles nicely too.

Kilkenny

Coach
There was a moment late in the game, where the fans around me were blowing up about a Knights player punching Liam Martin. I didn’t see the punch but saw Martin down in back play. Did anyone notice such an incident?

Kilkenny

Coach
Besides Edwards the elusiveness of our outside backs was really wanting. There was so much time and space out there for them tonight but unless they got put over untouched or just had to fall on a ball they couldn't produce a thing.

Eisenhuth is taking the piss, he plays at like 60%. f**k him off please.

I hate Cleary's use of interchanges and bench.

Unlike Brisbane Newcastle were actually bad, we were just unimpressive besides the halves and JFH.

Newcastle had a dig, they weren’t bad at all. They were outplayed, outclassed but so suggest they were bad is just silly. No idea what game you were watching, great defence, never gave them a sniff other than there long range try. We created lots of opportunities just didn’t quite put the final polish on the scoreboard. Another really good win, solid performance 99% of fans went home happy even if your not.

age.s

First Grade
Anyway decent win. Like Canberra and Brisbane the Knights put in the effort but just didn't have the juice to go with us. We were consistently dominant, but missing some fluency, particularly in the halves who relieved pressure on the opposition a few too many times.

f**k me Luai can play. Our second try was a ridiculous bit of work. He had 3 defenders all going in different directions while having the vision to put Burton through untouched. I almost felt sorry for them. Some poor last tackle options but still consistently dangerous, particularly in the second half.

Capewell gets through a ton of work, has nice footwork and power but doesn't move well laterally in defense and appears fatigued at times. He's been around quite a few of the (low number of) clean breaks teams have made on us this year. I hope we don't get into a bidding war for him as I think we can do better.

Backline looks way better balanced with Edwards back. No surprise there. Like others I though the right looked more likely than in previous weeks.

337 meters for To'o. What the shit is going on here? How on earth does he keep doing this week after week? Such a huge part of the general dominance we routinely get over teams.

I know Eisenhuth isn't meant to be flashy, but he looks a bit plod atm. Really stands out because pretty much no one else does.

What a team this is :)

Kilkenny

Coach
Eisenhuth coming under adverse attention again, not quite sure why given his 30 minutes were pretty good value. 8 hit ups for 80 metres and 30 tackles so I’m not not sure what is expected of him to be coming under notice given he just does the job expected of him.

Original Name

Juniors
Staines didn't get any extra ball...maybe Momo isn't the issue
Not sure what people were expecting? Crichton is well known for being a ball hog who's bombed a lot of tries with the defence not even shifting across and having plenty of time to throw a pass but doesn't.

Latest posts